Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

ReBath in Ojai, California - Lack of water

Rebath did a remodel on our bathroom in 2010. We have been unable to use the bath or shower do to no water coming from the faucet. We have called them 5 times and they have sent a technician to repair the problem. As of today we called again no water coming from the tub faucet. They can't seem to figure it out. Were waiting for a call back for a another technician to come again. Of course they may or may not call. It would be nice for that bathroom to be fixed. Good think we have another bathroom. Do not recommend then.

the valve is probably installed upside down.

Glad we found this site. Thanks for the heads up.

My wife wanted to call these people after seeing their ads.

I wasn't sold.

I wanted to get rid of one of those safety tubs that I had in the bathroom. That was my mother’s and it didn’t benefit us.

It just wasn’t practical for us. In order to remove it, I wanted it done within a timely manner without so much restoration. Then I heard about this company on the internet. I chose them because they’re advertising that they can do it usually in a day or two, the factor that I was looking for because I wanted a product that is able to be installed in a short length of time.

And that’s what I wanted. What I got was three months of waiting, mis-orders, and excuses.

HIRE A PLUMBER

View more comments (3)
Loss

ReBath in Willingboro, New Jersey - Showe door needs to be readjusted. not shutting properly.

On 09-22-08, my shower and door were installed. On -7-02-13, after faxing my lifetime warranty to Eric Shaw and Corporate contact Lisa Rizzo, I was informed by Lisa that they would give me a $50.00 break on service visit to my home. So instead of paying $200 just for service call, I could pay $150.00. What happened to lifetime warranty. The contract I signed never mentioned service call charges. Its not even 5 years from installation. Lisa's no. is 480-754-8970 and Eric Shaw's is 302-328-4383, ex. 112 I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND REBATH> THEY VIOLATED THEIR CONTRACT AND NEVER NOTIFIED ME THERE WOULD BE A SERVICE CHARGE.

I'm in process of trying to contact Re-Bath for the same problem with my shower door installed March 2008 by the Asheville, NC franchise. Could not contact the local franchise by phone, got the message "this phone not available from your area" so I reported through the Re-Bath web site.

Two days later no feedback yet other than an email saying they'd get back as soon as possible.

Fyi, in late May 2008 I reported the same problem with the door which Re-Bath came out and fixed at no charge. Makes me wonder if the door mounting is an extremely weak link in the design.

Loss

ReBath in Montgomery, Alabama - Continlued leak wher e they connected drain to sewer line. Have had three workers tryl to repair but sstill leaks. Now I an told I can not be told who owns/runs companey nor their phone number.

Not able to get forth worker to make an appointment to repair this consent leak which flows to room below thru light fixture causing more damage. No one will give me name of owner or phone number I can user to reach National office in order to get action. The room below leak is also being damaged which may be between walls and hidden. This will cause mold which will be a health problem. Any company that is afaid to reveal owner or phone number must be hidding a lot of problems to cuatomers. How do you get a license revolked to close the business.

I'm sorry if we ever missed your calls but we at the office have still not heard from you about this issue. We currently have no issue existing or pending in relation to what you are discussing above.

Please give us a call at 205-623-3080 or email us your problems at info@alabamarebath.com and we'll be happy to resolve your issue.

Again, please contact us as I'm looking out for your memo so we can get whatever issue you have immediately resolved. Thank you

Hi my name is Andrew Wells and I do run the office here in Birmingham. I am sorry you are going through this but we have never received a call from you or anyone in regards to a constant leak.

All of our service issues at this point are already resolved and any calls in regards to any issues are typically resolved within 3 to 7 days depending on the time of year. I wish I had your name or phone number so we can look you up and address this issue immediately.

Here's what we can do, please call the office at 205-623-3080 and we can write up a service request and have you immediately taken care of. If for some reason you are not getting a response, email info@alabamarebath.com which goes to the whole office, including myself.

We will ask you for a copy of your original agreements because sometimes customers of our competitors call us thinking we are them. However, many times, your name and address can suffice for us to look you up in our records.

From there our production manager will give you a call to schedule a time to either look at the problem or if we feel like we have enough information to resolve it immediately, we will send a technician. So please reach out to the information above immediately so we can resolve your request.

Andrew Wells. You can find everything you need to know from the state. You also get his home address so you can drive over there if he does not answer his telephone.

Review
I learned my lesson...buy cheap and pay twice. The work by ReBath caused a leak between my condo and the one below. It was caused by incorrect sealing, failing to seal, and faulty plumbing. The mold that resulted required me to tear out all the ReBath work plus tear...

Same here. The stuff was expensive and less than a year latter the bathtub is nasty.

The bottom will not clean and there is soap *** on the walls.

I am ashamed to have anyone look at it. They told me that I would never have to clean it since it was "solid surface" Bull ***.

ReBath in Louisville, Kentucky - Poor quality

After waiting 24 hours to use my new shower, I had a leak. Rebath came and "caulked" the leak. When bathing, I realized my shower head, faucet and handles were not installed evenly. (This was a $5500 job, just for bathtub!) they had to come back out and take the wall completely out and re-do the job. Guess what? Tried to shower yesterday and another leak!! Down my walls and in my closet! So what now!? They are "promising" to fix it. Again?? I just want to wash my hands of rebath and I would love to be compensated for my time and hassle. I have to have someone home every time they come out and I have to clean up drywall, and dust all over my house each time. I have tried calling to speak to someone in charge and they are "out of town" really?? Everyone that can assist a disgruntled customer has left town? Maybe they should pick up their company paid for cell phone and assist me!
ReBath85282

At Re-Bath®, we strive for your bathroom remodel to go as smoothly as it possibly can, and sincerely regret any difficulties you are having with our product. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and aim to provide the best possible service.

I would appreciate for you to give our customer service representative a call at 480-844-1575 Ext. 170

They don't trained the franchiee on how to install as much as they train to sell. It like throwning mud on the wall some stick and some don't _(customer complain)

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • Plumbing
MY REBATH BATHTUB HAS A NON SLIP SURFACE WITH A HARD WATER STAIN THAT WILL NOT COME OFF NO MATTER WHAT I USE. I HAVE CONTACTED REBATH SEVERAL TIMES ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT THEIR PRODUCT WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO HARD WATER STAINS EVEN THOUGH MY COPY INDICATED WARRANTIED...
bumperman

Based upon my terrible experiences with these "people", you might feel fortunate that you escaped with only water stains.

Integrity? They have ZERO, no, none.

Update by user Jan 21, 2017

An update to this report:

To date, neither rebath o their contractors have muttered a peep regarding their reprehensible conduct.

In essence, they permitted a senior citizen to be seriously injured in his own home.

Their reaction?

They ran like frightened children. No,...

I had them install a liner and a year latter I had a plumber go under the house. They did not hook up the drain and just let it flow under the house.

ReBath in Chattanooga, Tennessee - Stuck with Sink

My aunt had her bathroom remodeled in one day and loved it so I decided to see if ReBath could do the same for me. The salesman was very nice and convinced me to let him do my bathroom. We wait 4 weeks and the unit they bring in will not fit. 3 more weeks and this time it fits, but when we step into it it sinks! We've complained and get the same story it performs as it is suppose to perform. So I called my aunt to see if her does that and she says no, so my husband and I go to look at it and it doesn't sink at all. Then she tells me oh I'm sorry mine was Bath Fitter. I wouldn't go with Rebath unless you like sinking into your bathtub.

Sorry you got stuck with inferior product. No one can beat a bath fitter

#619578
@Can't beat bath ***r

Sounds like a bathfitter dealer. Worst product on the planet.

@Can't beat bath ***r

Um, yes you can. I wouldn't put that Canadian garbage in my house.

Tags
  • Plumbing

ReBath in Spokane, Washington - MsMelLazo

Update by user Jan 22, 2013

I know that we did engage the company to do the work.. but, we entrusted them with fulfilling the contract of work done in 1 day. We live and learn, but, please take heed.....

Original review posted by user Jan 22, 2013

Contracted to install in 1 day. Did not happen. Tub was defective/wrong size, etc etc. No local warehouse for replacement. Had to order from out of Spokane. Waited 1 wk for tub. High price for the materials used, comparable at other stores having similar products at 1/3 the price. Poor local customer service with poor telephonic response. Stuck to bank finance now with no recourse and unable to nonpayment the bank without resulting in poor credit. Looking at legal action for breach of "done in 1 day" speal. Mark up is unbelievable. Hard to know what the product is until it is installed in the home.The work looks beautiful, but complaint not with installers, just how we were handled and the contract is a scam.

If refused to leave, call the police

sdshaw77

Mr. & Mrs. L.,

I recently received notification of the following comments regarding your bathroom remodel in addition to your post here:

“Rebath is in breach of contract. Contract says that the work will be done in 1 day, ours was not. I could not refuse to give the contractor people the "bank generated payment voucher" because they couldn't leave our home without it. I had no bargaining leverage to fix the contractual issue. I will seek advise from a lawyer. The contracted amount of 7300.00 w/taxes was for work to be done in 1 day. We have contacted local REBATH representatives for resolution to the financial part of this whole debaucle, with no resolution or concerned return of telephone calls and will now seek legal advise on breach of contract.”

First and foremost I would like to express my apologies for any inconvenience this particular situation with your bathroom remodel caused. As you may or may not be aware, at the time of your scheduled installation, an unforeseen defect in the drain pocket of your replacement tub was realized causing us to have to reorder the tub. This defect was not apparent to the naked eye, which is why it was not caught in our receiving and inspection process. We mobilized as quickly as we could to get your new tub in (customer manufactured tub, that wasn't available locally) and opened the schedule up to get back out as soon as it arrived.

While we understand this was an inconvenience to you both, it was in no way a breach of our contract with you. We have never in our history of Re-Bath guaranteed a job to get done in one day. Sure, many of our projects get done in one day, as would have yours had we not run into the material defect, but it is by no means a guarantee and per your Customer Agreement, was not in any way part of your agreement. I would welcome any follow up discussion that is necessary with you and/or your legal counsel if for some reason you still feel a guaranteed one-day install was part of our written agreement with you.

Remodeling by nature is inconvenient, but we pride ourselves on making it significantly less inconvenient than the industry norm. Are we perfect, no; but then again who is? And I believe we did everything we could as quickly as we could to finish your project in light of what we ran into that day. All this aside, I still recognize this was an inconvenience to you and your family and I am authorizing a sales discount for the inconvenience you experienced in having us out a second day to complete your installation and this correspondence has been emailed to you.

In over 7 years we have never had a cusotmer react this way to something we obviously could not have avoided. Our prices while not the cheapest are competitive with many reputable remodeling contractors in the region for custom manufactured products some of which contain a manufacturer's lifetime warranty on the product and the installation of that product. This is not comparible in the marketplace.

SS

That is a lot of money for a bathtub. The best bathtub Kohler makes is $500, they must be charging $750 an hour to install it.

Those finance company require a certificate of completion signed by the home owner.

Do not sign it.

ReBath in Salt Lake City, Utah - Horrible product and service

My install took almost 9 months to complete. Each of my two bathrooms had to be replaced twice after the initial install. The panel designs were switched by the salesman/consultant. The installers never checked to make sure they were installing the right ones. I had crooked cuts on panels, bad caulking, bowed panels, a clogged drain they never fixed. My shower curtain rod was bent by one of the crews and when I requested a replacement I was accused of sabotage. Shower doors weren't aligned so they wouldn't slide. Parts were forgotten and I was told to wait until they came back to fix the other bathroom. Had to come back numerous times to re-caulk and fill in gaps. Finally I gave up and accepted the fact I would not have my beautiful new bathroom. Now eight months later I am still fighting a clogged drain and have to replace all the caulk in my primary bathroom because it is molding and peeling off.

We had the same experience.