Charged late fee after card changed over to GE

Okay, so I had a regular ToysRus credit card and then they sent me a new one, this time, a Mastercard. I thought nothing of it, as credit card issuers send you new cards all the time. Then I find out that they transferred the balance over from the old card to the new one. This is something I expected. But what I did not expect was to receive NO bill. Thing is, I did pay (set up for auto-payment in my bank account Bill Pay), however, because I did not receive a bill, I had no idea that the payment I needed to make had increased due to the new card being owned by GE, who apparently changed my interest rate, thus hiking up my bill. So, the $55.00 I was usually charged was not enough to satisfy the amount due. I never received notice of change of interest rate and since I didn't receive a bill (not even online), I assumed the payment was the same. Now I am stuck with a late fee, and cannot get anyone to reply through the online message center.

Send a written dispute -- not to the address where payments are sent. If they do not cooperate, transfer your balance to one of the many other credit card offers you are sure to receive.

ID

Toys R Us Credit Card not fair to loyal customers

I have had a ToysRus credit card for more than 10 years when they were with Chase but since they have sold out to "R" US Credit Card/GECRB, they have been customer NO SERVICE. I have never been late, I have amazing credit, and I always pay my balance in full every month. For some unknown reason, I didn't receive my bill last month so I received a late fee. When I called customer service to ask for a waive of the fee since I am a loyal customer, the rep claimed to hear terrible static on the line and made me repeat everything. I could hear him just fine but he was rude and acted like it was an issue with my phone. Not only was he rude, but he refused to even attempt to help me out with waiving my late fee. A total waste of my time. I will no longer use this card for any purchases. No loss, since the rewards expire before I can travel into town to use them. Worthless card, rude customer service, not willing to go the extra mile for loyal customers.

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 090613_pc_Tyelky**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@***.com with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Capital

Ok, it would be nice if they waived the fee one time, but they are certainly not obligated to do so, AND not receiving the bill doesn't make you not liable for paying it. If you've had it 10 yrs then you should know when it's due.

I am always dumbfounded by the excuse of not getting the bill so I didn't pay it. I actually am missing the bill for one of my credit cards this month, it's due on the same day it's always due, so I PAID IT.

@Sara L

Sessa, I agree, I have credit cards that I use monthly and know when the bill is due and I pay those off every month. I don't even need a bill for those, because I know when they are due.

This particular card I only use a few times a year and so I didn't remember that I had used it and didn't even think to check to see if it had a balance. For this particular card, I count on the bill coming in the mail.

With a credit score of 790, I can say that I am great at paying my bills on time. This truly is a rare occasion for me.

View more comments (2)
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article