Quote line direct shambles

Avoid they have no clue and pass buck to co plus , tanzar, they don't answer and wait 45 mins on one call ,didn't get call back ! Shambles

Avoid like the plague

I contacted Quote line to take advantage of the insurance I had with them. I was referred to Arc Legal as this was a consumer matter. (Another bunch of incompetents) When things started going wrong with ARC Legal, another story. I went back to Quote line and raised the problems with them. Initially they were stand offish and really didn't seem to care very much but after keeping onto them they have taken a completely different approach and decided that they couldn’t care less. After persisting with the first line incompetents it was referred to someone who declared they were the complaints manager “Sidrah Malik”, She listened to the saga, said all the right things but I later found out that in the first instance she wasn’t the complaints manager and in the second instance did absolutely nothing to help at all. In fact I couldn’t even find any evidence at all that she had assisted with the problems with Arc Legal at all. I believe I was deliberately lied too. After doing some research about the company I found out that “Matthew Eadie” Was the Customer Service Manager. When I finially got to speak with him, I thought I’d had what seemed to be a reasonable conversation. He pledged to look into the matter and come back to me within a couple of days. More than a week later he failed to keep his promise and hadn’t called me with the promised update. Instead he wrote to me dusting down his shoulders and claiming that it was all down to the underwriters to make a decision and nothing to do with them as the broker. I spoke with Towergate the insurers and they most definitely stated in very clear terms it was the broker who was responsible. I also spoke with the FOS and they reinforced the position. In brief Quote Line had taken my money it was their responsibility to help. Having stated to this to “Eadie” he only wrote back with more excuses. I protested again and demanded my money back as I had been told to do by my credit card company and this time “Steve Murray” wrote back and again referred me away. Ironically he is the compliance Manager. So it seems I must take the matter to the FOS to have the compliance manager educated in matters of compliance !! My Credit card company have registered the complaint and started the process of getting my money back. All this has detracted from the original claim and that isn’t being dealt with. I would urge anyone to think very carefully about using Quote Line or any of the other names they go by. These are the details of the company; Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Botanical House Talbot Road Old Trafford Manchester M16 0PQ customer.service@***.co.uk Tel: 0161 874 **** Fax: 0161 874 **** www.quotelinedirect.co.uk Directors: J.F.Wilson (Managing) G.M.C.Hooper M.R.Henderson P.O’Gorman Established: 1969 Proprietors: F.Wilson (Insurance Brokers) Ltd. Reg. Office: Botanical House, Talbot Road, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0PQ. Reg. In England No. 130**** I have also reported the matter to consumer direct and spoken to Manchester Trading Standards. Watchdog have also been informed.
ID
Cons
  • To them it seems to be about the money and not the service
  • Couldnt care less
  • Dismissive attitude
Reason of review
Poor Service, Bad Quality,
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Quoiteline direct threats

do not buy household insurance from quoteline direct if you owe them money they threaten to send round a mob to beat you up i have complained to consumer direct (trading standards) and they say they cannot help so then i complained to the financial ombudsman who said he could only get me compensation so then i complained to the regulatory bodythe FSA they were about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike or a chocolate tea pot spo my next complaint will be to the OFT and if they cant help i may send my mob round to sort out quotline direct
Athens, Attica
Loss
$2000

About

Quoteline Direct Warranty
To read more: https://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/breakdown-insurance/car-warranty/
Quoteline Direct Terms of Service
To read more: https://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/terms-of-business/
Quoteline Direct Privacy Policy
To read more: https://pdfs.quotelinedirect.co.uk/Privacy/QuotelineDirectPrivacyNotice.pdf
Quoteline Direct Pros and Cons

Cons: To them it seems to be about the money and not the service, Dismissive attitude

Summary

Quoteline Direct is a part of the Wilsons Group which includes professional registered insurance brokers. The company has been on the market since 1969. In June 1993 it opened a new Quote Centre and increased its national awareness under the Quoteline Direct banner. The company provides insurance coverage for everything from cars, vans and motorbikes to homes and offices. The online quotation engine of Quoteline Direct is presented to compare hundreds of policies to find the cheapest quote in a matter of seconds. Afterwards the team of underwriters set to work tailoring the quote to fit ones individual needs and to see how much more one could save. That is how Quoteline Direct works. Following widespread research and customer consultation, in 1999 Quoteline Direct closed its High Street network and opened its new Call Centre in Manchester.

Quoteline Direct reviews and complaints

Quoteline Direct is ranked 266 out of 1113 in Insurance category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article