Excellent Experience

We had a terrific experience with this vendor. She could not have been more responsive, answered emails quickly, and delivered a terrific product for my daughter's birthday at UMaine. She even put edible pictures on the cupcakes to surprise my daughter and drove the cupcakes to her at school. My daughter was thrilled, and Wendy did an amazing job, even delivering the cupcakes while she was on vacation with her children. We could not have been more pleased both with the product and with the attention Wendy gave us. She worked with us to create something perfect for my daughter's firth birthday away from home and in college.
ID
Bangor, Maine
Service
Queen City Cakes Customer Care
Pros
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Good quality

False advertising for a bakery; poor product

I had researched bakeries in the Bangor, Maine area, looking for established bakeries that sold quality baked goods. I came across QueenCityCakes which had a website as well as a Facebook page to review. This bakery looked established, and as though it sold quality product for events such as showers, weddings etc.. I assumed, which is something I have learned you never can do, that this place was a FDA approved business, judging by the way the website and reviews appeared, and emailed the contact for information on ordering cupcakes for a baby shower. The owner was very promo with a response, and accommodating. She agreed to an order and things seemed well organized. I am partly to blame for not inquiring more about the bakery itself, and for not taking the time to ask more questions, or even visit the establishment in person;however, I work full time and by the research I had already exhausted, I made the decision that it was a good choice. The business is run out of an establishment, that does not appear appropriate for a business, in a neighborhood area, in a kitchen/house that in no way looks FDA approved, let alone lends the idea that the cakes are sanitary. The product looks commercial like Hannaford Brand, and lends the idea that it in fact is not home made. The cupcakes looked like store bought product and were packaged sitting on the couch. It was not professional what so ever, and appeared that all the advertisement this business does is false advertising and very misleading. If someone is looking for a clean professional custom product by a baker at an approved business/facility-this is absolutely not the place to look. I was very disappointed, and the product was not served at the baby shower, in fact we did not even feel comfortable eating any of it. Extremely let down, and tempted to report such an establishment.

This is a state licensed home processor where everything is home made. It's too bad you didn't bother to ask to see the license or ask for details.

It's also too bad you felt the need to trash an honest small business online rather than taking it up with the owner.

I've ordered several times from Queen City Cakes and couldn't be happier. The products are delicious and fairly priced!

ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article