Short Review on July 21, 2016

ABSOLUTELY !!!! DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE ... QUALITY CONTROL AIR PT. CHARLOTTE FL. complete SCAM artists. I have pics tooo prove it. They need to be shut down. Wish someone would do something to stop these scammers instead of righting about it. It's ashame! IM GONNA CONTACT My lawyer! . THEY PUT A SYSTEM IN MY HOUSE 6 months ago there's freon leaking already.
ID
Venice, Florida

Quality Control Air Port Charlotte FL

My existing TRANE A/C was making noise -- Quality Control Air called due to their $29.95 flyer to check A/C. They told me I needed a whole new compressor and worse still the handler would have to be replaced also because of the new technology and compatibility. I asked if my TRANE (8 yrs old) wouldn't be under warranty still. Quality Control Air told me that it was too old to still be under warranty and I needed to replace the entire unit. Quality sold me a Carrier brand for $6400 to be installed that day; they told me to pay before job done because their Cuban workmen might mess up the payment. The unit they installed was not a Carrier but inferior Day and Night unit, when I saw that it was not what I purchased I told workmen to stop work. They called owner who said he would do as I wished; I said take the inferior out. Owner came to my home next day, not to take out inferior unit, but to threaten me with law suit. I felt very uneasy about this company and since I had kept the "dead" TRANE compressor, I called another A/C company who came, hooked it up and found (1) my TRANE is in face still under warranty; (2) my unit could be repaired for less than $600 not the $6400 Quality Air had gotten from me; (3) handler was most likely not defective at all. Now I am stuck with the permitting nightmare because of open permit, no air, and quite honestly this owner scares me -- there is something horrible about him (gut reaction). I am elderly living on social security only. Do not know what to do now; still no a/c, have to get an attorney.

They sold my elderly Mom an inferior Frigidaire and told her that it was made by Trane (she had requested a Trane) and charged her $6800. They gave her a rebate for $400 from FPL, but the next week charged her $480 for issues with condensation on the registers in the house. Stay away from this company-they are a bunch of scam artists.

@PissedConsumer518930

I am in the process of getting a lawyer on this same subject.

@PissedConsumer814372

Did anything come of this these people need to be put out of business. I gotta scammed and worst i almost got a new system thru them but had a bad feeling after reading the neg comments even on bbb.

I would love to help n shut these horrible people down. I had a 6 yr old system till I had them come for a 29.95 check up oh boy. It got messed up after that. I have all proof and pictures.

This is illegal! Something has to be done.

View more comments (2)
ID
Punta Gorda, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article