Quaker State Construction Reviews

Show reviews that mention
wood construction deck state business site front porch neighbors dealines plumbers
Filter review

Poor professionalism and dirty.

Added new rear deck to a brand new house by this company.It started going bad when we were adding an addition privacey fence along deck for an additional $800.00.Fence was completed on inside of deck and all unfinished wood on exterior. I could not believe it.After going back and forth they then decided to complete the exterior in fear I would not pay the final bill.This job was close to $16,000, 2-scratched floor boards, 8" scratch on new siding (Hardy Board) and left 6-14' long boards on site and wont pick up.Then worker smoked all the time and threw his cig buts all over our yard.I had to run the power washer to clean up the dirt and saw dust they left behind. Now they wont even return calls even the salesman Tom.I never expected this when spending all this money. Now they got my money and won't even respond.I would think twice about these people and get some other bids, unless you don;t mind cleaning up after them and fixing their damage. Good Luck I warned you.

User's recommendation: I would think twice about these people and get some other bids, unless you don;t mind cleaning up after them and fixing their damage. Good Luck I warned you.

ID
#2037434 Review #2037434 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Quaker State Construction Deck Construction
Pros
  • Been around a long time and should know better
Cons
  • Entire deal wish i went with a different company
Preferred solution
Clean up boards left behind and an apology and act professional

Terrible bussiness

I had a patio and front porch built the post on the porch are warping and twisting less than a year old cannot get them to fix or repair always have and excuse or reason they cant come out and fix had to file with the BBB I doubt it will change anything the owner doesn't even come out and look or even care should be outta business very shoddy work and practices. he received payment in full so much for service after the sale would not ever use again or recommend, may have to hire a company to fix the disaster they have made just so I can have a decent front porch
Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Quaker State Construction Patio Repair
Cons
  • Entire deal wish i went with a different company
Poor customer service
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Quaker State Construction - Deck Construction Review from New Brighton, Pennsylvania

Deck is rotted after 7 years. Bad craftsmanship & bad material. Everything is falling apart

7 years never a complaint then calls and we get there in less than a week to service but missed calling to let them know and because of that foul mouthed our office Mgr. Andthe service Mgr. We tried to take care of right away but must be something going on there .

#1195240
@PissedConsumer1189245

What CO. comes to your house takes pieces of the railing off, leaves wood laying in your yard while your at work.

With out the home owners permission or any idea what the problems are. I never spoke to any type of service man or sighed any type of agreement or permission. Only to call the company to find out why this had been done. Then called a liar and more fowl language than I can repeat, and then receive a letter that the owner stated the service man had a hot temper and then blame me the customer for his behavior.

I have never experienced this type demeaning behavior from any CO.

it left me speechless.

#1195907
@PissedConsumer1189245

Joe do you not offer a 10 yr warranty? Would you speak to your wife or girlfriend, daughter the way that your installation manager spoke to me.

I don't think so ! Only to receive a letter that states it's justified because this man's temperament is not mild , and it got the best of him. I stated the facts and he did not like it.

So he resulted to using fowl language and actions that I would rather not repeat. I did report this to the BBB , awaiting results.

#1202737
@PissedConsumer1189245

Joe ....what do you mean by there must be something going on there..your office never returned phone calls . My deck is dry rotten.

The post are not in concrete just stuck in the ground. I have a warranty, why won't someone call me back! Schedule to Come to my house when I'm home and discuss the issues. You say you stand behind your quality and craftsmanship.

How can you say that, it's been over a month no return call. I wish I could post pictures on here, then maybe you could see what one of your decks look like after 7 years.

View more comments (3)
New Brighton, Pennsylvania
Quaker State Construction Deck Construction
Bad quality

Short Review on July 10, 2016

My girlfriend had a deck done by Quaker state 8 years ago. As I'm in construction I know a bit about cheap wood & construction & this deck says it all. Need someone to contact & meet me to look this problem I over since she spent a fortune for a terrible job.I gave photos but the site won't let me post them. Like to hear back since you guarantee your work if not we will take further action. Ty
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Bad quality

Quker State Construction

I wouldn't do business again,lied,substituted cheaper material,failed to finish project,didn't meet dealines in the contractt,and threatened to sue when we contacted Better Business Bureau.They backdated a contract and failed to honor a valid internet coupon. They promised to use licensed plumbers and electricians but did not. They forgot to apply for a building permit.They tried to get us to accept a design which failed to meet the boroughs building code. They damaged the yard and annoyed my neighbors by repeatedly stacking wood against their fence.They failed to show up for work and never notified us.
#1200773

6-7 years later and i'm having some of the same issues. Permits, bad product and installed posts differently than the approved drawing. basically just stuck them in *** No concrete, no brackets to fasten to concrete, this is holding up my addition that they put on and also the deck they installed.

dealt with this company in the past twice all good! this guy sounds like he carries bad karma

Even a company with an A+ at the BBB runs into a crazy customer once and a while

People will claim anything not to pay to bad anyone can post lies on the internet even competitors

View more comments (4)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article