Nearly killed me, still hounding me over seventy dollars.

Taken into Mary Washington Hospital for spontaneous pneumothorax. Regardless of family history, sunken chest Dr. Ryan blames occasional pot use for lung issue. Terrible bedside manner. No empathy, only blame and clear disgust. Discharged from Mary Wash three days later with pulmonary associates as contact and prescription for oxycodone with acetaminophen . High fever at home. After contacting pulmonary associates I am told to take max daily dose of Tylenol. Pulmonary associates does not ask what meds I have been given upon discharge from hospital and I am admitted to hospital next day with catastrophic liver failure, which leads to shock, which leads to sepsis. I am near death in icu for one week before being transferred to Georgetown Hospital, and later to doc medical center. During this time i experience traumatic pain and suffering. All in all a month and a half of missed work and hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. I can do nothing to address these grievances as I do not have the office's recommendation for max daily Tylenol in writing. It is this office's fault that I experienced weeks of suffering and thousands of dollars in debt, and Dr. Ryan does not show minimal compassion befitting one of his profession.
ID
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Sorry Excuse for staff and doctors!

This office is one of the worst offices I have ever been to, and I have a lot of Doctors appointments. First when you call you are put on hold forever or have to leave a message and they take forever to call you back. If you are lucky enough to have someone answer the phone they are very RUDE!! You schedule your appointment and come in, Even if you are 30min early they wait till almost your appointment time to call you up and get your forms to fill out which makes you feel very rushed already. Then when it is finally your appointment and the nurse or assistant comes to get you they are even more rude than the front staff. Finally the doctor comes in, most of the time you feel like they couldn't tell your head from your feet. If you complain about something to the Doctor sometimes the Office Manager will come in (and I use that term very loosely). She is the worst Manager I have ever seen, does not know how to answer anything, she tries to appease you and that makes you just want to punch her. If you do not get the Manager in the appointment you will never get to talk to her it's like she is scared to talk to patients who want to tell the truth about this practice. If you go here, be very weary of your choice go to Stafford area or Richmond or even Charlottesville is way better. Main thing is with rude staff,doctors and the dumbest manager you have ever seen you, take your chances.

I agree that this is the WORST practice. About a month ago, I went to them for uncontrollable coughing.

It was so severe I felt like I had fractured a rib coughing so hard. I asked if Dr. Allatar could prescribe something for this cough and he said "I will not prescribe any medicine as long as you are smoking." I admit I was a little upset as I hadnt slept in days because of this cough and I said that he was ridiculous that he would as a Dr. make me suffer like that.

Today, I saw another Dr there...when the nurse brought me in room she opened my chart wide and there sat a note from Dr. Allatar stating that due to the behavior I exhibited it appeared I was a drug seeker and no one is to fill that med for me again. R U FN SERIOUS???? First off, how unprofessional for that nurse to even have that displayed to me, 2nd WTF reason did I give that P.O.S.

Dr that I was seeking ANYTHING??? I could've cared less if he gave me NON narcotic meds.. I just wanted the cough to stop.

If anyone has any recommendations of a better lung specialist, please let me know. i DO NOT DO DRUGS AND i AM BEYOND INSULTED.

I agree 100%. Receptionist is rude.

I have been requesting information from then for almost a month now. I have left several messages and no return calls!

View more comments (1)
ID
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article