Verified Reviewer

Shady Company

Update by user Oct 14, 2018

I had numerous conversations with this company via BBB. They offered to send a supervisor to the property but in the same communication, denied all responsibility and the accused me, with absolutely no evidence, of having had the original repair done from another company or individual.

This is a rental property and the tenant can attest that no work was done by anyone else. Beside which, if another company had done work, it is only logical that I would be turning to THAT company to rectify it.

So I did not meet with them, because it was obvious that not only were they not going to try to resolve the issue, they are now stooping even lower by making unfounded accusations. The BBB closed the case as unresolved.

Original review posted by user Sep 14, 2018
September 10, 2018 Progressive Air Original call repair date July 9, 2018. This is a rental property and I was not on the premises when the work was done. The neighbor, Joe Wray, who is a retired AC professional was there during the service. The female Technician brought out a piece of PVC pipe and showed him that she had to replace it. I was called and given the price and OK’d it and the work was done. I received an invoice I believe by e-mail later on and did not check it since I assumed I was dealing with an ethical company. September 10, 2018. Tenant let me know there was a leak in the garage ceiling. Neighbor Joe Wray checked it and said there was a gap left when the PVC pipe was changed, causing the leak. I called Progressive and spoke to a supervisor. He informed me that no pipe had been replaced and when I checked the invoice, it made no mention of it. So I scheduled another repair for today. In the meantime, I was able to speak with Joe Wray and he reiterated that a piece of PVC pipe had been replaced. I placed a call to the supervisor and was told he was out to lunch and would get back to me. That was at 12:30PM The Technician, Brody arrived just after 12:30pm. Joe Wray went over to see what was being done. Brody told him that a coupling or couplings were not glued as they should have been which caused the leak, proving that part of the PVC pipe was replaced since this would have happened long ago if this was an older pipe. The garage ceiling was saturated and may have to be repaired. Still have not heard from the supervisor at 2PM. 2:02PM Just heard from my tenant. After telling me that no part was replaced, they now tell me that the problem was not the part the technician replaced, but another part, in a different area and they would only charge me the $79 service fee. I am left with a damaged garage ceiling. So we went from no part was replaced to a different part was replaced. So to summarize, first there was not a pipe replacement on July 9, 2018 according to the supervisor, then there was a replacement which was not glued properly by the technician on September 10, 2018 and then, after the tech spoke with his office, the story changed again and now the coupling was glued and the problem was in a different area of the pipe. Story changes as necessary for them to avoid taking responsibility.
ID
Port Richey, Florida
Service
Progressive Air Systems Air Conditioner Repair
Pros
  • Speed of service after request
Cons
  • Were dishonest did not admit their mistake
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Refund and repair of dry wall

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article