Try ANACS or NGC avoid a headache.

Paid $1,200 to get 20 coins graded. 14 coins had mistakes and 6 were wheat pennies with no errors. The 14 error coins were $65.00 per coin for a total of $910.00. The wheat pennies were $35.00 per coin for the sum of $210.00 plus return shipping fee for $33.00 and $37.00 extra because the error coins had to be sent elsewhere for grading. When I received all the graded coins the coins were graded opposite to my submission form for they graded my wheat pennies at $65.00 each and the 14 coins with the errors at $35.00 each. None of the error coins were identified as having errors on the capsules from PCGS. The grading was bogus because the one example that lets anybody that deals in this hobby is a 1982 D small date zinc coin that had doubling on the mint mark and doubling on the reverse on E PLURIBUS UNUM and it was returned to me as a 1982 D small date bronze penny that can sell at an auction house between $18,000.00 and $30,000.00 and that is one of the major ones of the grading that lets me know my money was taken without the service that I paid for. The 1982 D penny is zinc.
#1972727

Thank you, I'm having similar problems

ID
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

PCGS : Professional Coin Grading Service inconsistent and unresponsive

This company grades and encapsulates rare and collectible coins. They are considered by many to be the "gold standard" in this field. My complaint is their inconsistency in grading and failure to answer e-mails pertaining to several different subjects. For those who are not familiar with coin grading, be advised that an increase of a single grade can often cause huge gaps in the pricing structure. Coins are graded numerically with uncirculated coins scoring from 60-70 and all points in between. I submitted for grading a very scarce coin. expecting a grade of 66. Receiving a 65, I resubmitted the coin 3 more times, each receiving the same grade. OK, that must be it ( I guess ) $125 total. So I sold the coin ; only to have it appear in the very next auction by the auction house, regraded higher by PCGS (like I thought all along). The coin then sold for $2500.00 more than I received simply due to the "change" in "grade" over the course of a month ??... PCGS - Inconsistent and unresponsive and I'm out over $2500.00
ID
Newport Beach, California
Service
Professional Coin Grading Service Customer Care
Cons
  • Inconsistent coin grading
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss

About

Top Professional Coin Grading Service Services

Customer Care

Summary

Professional Coin Grading Service is a firm founded in 1985. PCGS is a global company with offices in China, Asia as well as Europe. The company has a team of coin grading experts who determine the true value, grade as well as define authenticity of different coins. Over the years, Professional Coin Grading Service has earned trust of hundreds and thousands of customers and partners in third-party coin grading industry. At Professional Coin Grading Service store, clients will find 3 types of membership such as Silver, Gold, and Platinum with packages starting from $69.

Professional Coin Grading Service reviews and complaints

Professional Coin Grading Service is ranked 114 out of 2285 in Financial Services category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article