Proessional Business Analysts dba Collector's PBA.

I recently had John Golstein call me and promised me he could get at least $80,000 in China for my Mount Rushmore stamps. It sounded too good to be true. He sent me information over email and I was required to pay $1000 up front for insurance purposes. I wanted to think it over for the weekend. On Monday he called and asked if I had sent the money in. When I started questioning why I had to pay up front and why with a check only, he started to get louder and more aggressive on the phone. (Prior to this, he was always kind polite and kind) He said nobody has a problem with the $1000 payment except for me, and in closing he said keep his number cause he guarantees me I will be stuck with those stamps for a long time. Glad I didnt send the $1000.

Yes, Collectors PBA is a scam. Please contact the FBI if you get calls from them.

They also offer to sell your timeshare for you, for an upfront deposit.

Google their telephone number to see how many others have been suckered by this scam. Hopefully, none have sent them any money.

ID
San Francisco, California

Prof

Has anyone dealt with this company "Professional Business Analysts " located in Las Vegas, NV ? They are making me offers that sound great, but I do not find them in the BBB or Chamber of Commerce listings??? They say they have found a buyer for my time shares after 2 1/2 years, and want to be paid to sell it for me? Sounds like a scam company, so I want to check them out before talking with them again. Are there any legitimate Time Share Resell companies that anyone knows of? Can anyone suggest another source to check out their business credentials? Thanks

I fell for that scam back in November-They even had a buyer in the Dominican Republic a contractor by the name of John Burns-I called his number at829-401-****-He answered and was most interested in paying for my timeshares until I sent this business the money.

#832064

They are scammers! They keep you dangling for a long time, until they get the money they want & then you do not hear from them anymore. The one I dealt with was Bob Hudson.

They answered all of my questions regarding their offer on my timeshare on several follow up calls, even offered to meet when I was traveling through Las Vegas last year--unfortunately I was not able to work that out. I am very skeptical about such things, especially since their offer was so much higher than I expected, but the more I dug the more comfortable I was.

They said they would be sending a contract within 10 days, and we would go through closing through a title company of my choosing. I never saw the contract, and despite numerous attempts via email, text, and phone calls, I have never heard from them again.

See my previous comment.

I will add, they lost their accreditation with the Online Business Bureau. They are running a number of scams using that accreditation with different business names, all of which are scams......

So glad you posted this. They wanted $1000 insurance form me to sell my stamp collection.

I told them I couldn't afford this, so they said they would make up $500 if I paid $500. I knew this had to be a scam but this is the only thing I found about them on the internet.

I was called by a lady named Tracey and they stated their contract has no upfront fees all is done at closing. Do not pay upfront fees

if a company is successful in resale sales and I think there are only

a couple real deals out there they will not ask for upfront fees. I

told them I would review their contract and do serious due diligence and never heard from them. Google Earth their address and see if you can see the names of business around them and call that company. If you lost $950 to them I would be on a plane to track them down and call the attorney general office. 99% of all resale companies are a scam! AD

@PissedConsumer727947

by all means contact the state's Attorney General.

I just got a very similar call from them today. Same scenario.

I was told the only thing I would have to pay was the $950, and the buyer would pay the other $950. My response....if this is legitimate, I will be more than happy to pay AFTER the cashier check clears, and the money is in my account. If they are concerned about getting paid, they can take it from my check BEFORE they send it to me. The response I got was....I will speak with the attorneys....CLICK.

He was fast to get off the phone. I will not give them any money by check or credit card. Is this a scam? Probably.

I am not so quick to get excited. I do not know of any legitimate company to sell the timeshares. They are quick to take your money and disappear. My advice....be very careful and give NOTHING up front.

Also, seek the advice of a REAL ESTATE attorney before doing anything. The cost of a knowledgeable attorney can save you thousands in the long run.

@PissedConsumer724277

in my opinion for them to hold on to your money while expecting you to send some to them sounds a lot like extortion - a felony.

@PissedConsumer724277

do you have a current working phone number for these guys?

View more comments (10)
ID
Las Vegas, Nevada
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article