They withheld the documents I already paid for until I paid them more money!

I needed my sons father served papers immediately. The guy I spoke with said his name was THOMAS. I told him what I needed done. He sounded nice, and said he could get it done right away and would pick up my papers, along with the agreed upon fee of $50.00 that night. The next day he said the papers had been served and the were getting readied to be sent to me via email. Mind you, the court only accepts originals. He said he would email me a copy of the proof so I would know it was done. I waited. And waited. Messaged many times asking where is my email. After 2 weeks I receive another email that says the papers have been served. I text him back saying he already told me that weeks ago! He called me, and as soon as I asked where my papers were he hung up. Then he messaged me saying that since I was rude he wasn't going to give me my papers. Then he gave me the address to a cheap motel in east L.A. that he wanted me to meet him at to pick them up. Right. I'm not meeting some guy at a sleazy motel. So he tells me again I'm being rude and I get nothing now. Then he starts harassing me and tells me it's cheap customers like me that make his job difficult. What? He's the one that quoted the price!!!! I would have paid double if he had asked at the time! After more harassment I finally give in and tell him I'll pay him the extra $40 he wants to give me my papers. Some guy shows up, late at night, asking for the money. When asked where my papers were he said I had them and needed to give them to him! What?! He was so high he forgot what he came for except o pick up money! So I explained to him he wasn't getting the money til he provided my papers. He went back to his beat up car, then I get a call from "Tom" or whoever he really was. I answered and he asked what kind of papers I had served because he couldn't remember. OH WOW. So I hear a bunch of shuffling of papers, and can see the guy in the car across the street searching his car for them. He finally brings them to me, all crumpled up, dirty, and with someone else's personal info written on the back along with scribbling of notes. After it was finally done, (He literally grabbed the papers from the table and refused to give them to me until he had money in his hand) I started and continue to get threatening messages saying he's going to teach me some manners, he's going to get me, he has a bunch of big guys that he is going to have come take care of me. I'm 5'4" and not pretty tiny compared to him. Even after a week he will barrage my phone with messages saying he will hurt me and throw *** through my windows. Real Classy. Stay away from these guys!
ID
Los Angeles, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article