Priefert Gates Rust & Corrosion & Deluxe Horse Stall Problems

We spent a small fortune for Priefert deluxe horse stalls and wire D gates. The deluxe horse stalls have had problems with the stall latches, grips and are also rusting. Priefert has already replaced the springs in the latches once and they are beginning to stick and fail again. No amount of lubrication solves the problem. In addition we have more than 50 Priefert, brown wire D gates on our farm. At the time of my original complaint to Priefert all were less than 25 months old with some less than a year old. We even have some that are brand new, never installed, sitting in a covered area and those are rusting. The most severe problem is with rust / corrosion on the wire at the welds and in other places. On many gates the damage is so severe that the wire is spalling and blowing apart because the wire is rusting so badly. See images of the rusting gates here: http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/ViewComplaintImages.cfm?ID=43495 The pictures tell it all. Can you imagine what the wire on these gates will look like in another couple of years? I am very disappointed in these gates. We have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on them and they will probably have to be thrown out or donated to our local horse rescue. The company asked me to take pictures which I did. After viewing my photos they offered to send me some spray paint which I felt was an inadequate solution. I expected them to step up and replace these gates. We are 17 miles away from gulf – so salt water is not a factor in the degradation of these gates. Very, very dissatisfied with this company's customer service. I have bought my last Priefert anything, ever. I'm not the only one unhappy with Priefert products. Here is a link to another consumer's complaint about rusting kennels made by Priefert: http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/bulletins_read/322956.html

I have ten horse stalls from Priefert, and the welds have rusted out and the stalls have come apart. Especially on the front panels.

The welds on the hay racks have come apart just by horses pulling out the hay.

The stall doors fall off the frame into the aisle with little pressure from the horses. These doors just hang over the top of the frame on the front panel.easy to lift off!

The boards are made of soft pine and constantly need replacing.

The metal frame of every panel...front back and sides are weak and have bent when horses rub against any of the panels.

They would be great stalls if the horses never touched them! Otherwise they are not made to house a living thing..just my opinion

I saw a Priefert round pen at a show and it was rusting right there indoors. The salesman told me they just moved it a lot and it scratched and rusted under the scratches but that wouldn't happen if I bought one new.

After reading this, I am not sure. I think to really get any livestock or equine stuff that lasts, you need to get hot dipped galvanized. That way the galvanizing runs inside everything and doesn't rust we found. Some places use just galvanized metals and that is not the same.

I know when we replace, Hot Dipped Galvanized is the only way we are going to do it.Just google it and start with the places that offer it.

I hope they change their mind and give you your money back. Good Luck!

View more comments (1)
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article