Do your research before you sign a work order with Priced Right Tree & Lawn

Priced Right Tree And Lawn - Do your research before you sign a work order with Priced Right Tree & Lawn
Do your research before you sign a work order with Priced Right Tree & Lawn I was contacted by the owner of the company after I put out a request on Facebook for recommendations to have a tree taken down and he was tagged by a friend of mine in the comments. The owner met me on April 19th at approximately 1:40 PM. He gave me a bid for the work I needed done, which was reasonably priced, so I told him I wanted to get it scheduled. He told me that the work would be performed on Thursday or Friday of the following week, depending on the weather. When I signed the work order, I noted that the conditions of the work order included the following verbiage: "Fifty percent of written price due company immediately if any portion of stated work is cancelled by customer, changed, contracted to anyone else, done by anyone else, regardless of when cancelled/other. Customer acknowledges and agrees to this, and agrees that no challenges will be made should court action for enforcement be needed for this or any policy stated herein." The owner downplayed this verbiage and based on the recommendation from my friend, I was not concerned that there would be any issues, so I signed the work order. After the owner left at 2:40 PM, I realized I had not checked on whether or not the company was licensed and insured. As I researched the information, I began to encounter a large number of negative reviews. Many of these reviews alluded to legal action being taken against customers when they attempted to cancel their work orders. Being unable to find any positive reviews, regarding the company or its services, I messaged the owner via Facebook at 3:38 PM and told him I was cancelling the order. I also acknowledged the verbiage of his work order and asked for a total amount due. At 4:32 PM, I called the owner by phone and explained my reasons for cancelling the work order and again asked for a total amount due, based on the work order I had signed. During the evening I received two messages questioning my decision and trying to defend the issues I cited as having been the writings of disgruntled customers from the past. I was also informed that he had turned down 2 other jobs after my agreement. I continued to request a total owed and was told to do "what I feel is right and what God would have you do." When I turned on my phone at 6:05 AM on April 20th, I recieved a message via Facebook stating that the total I owed for cancelling my work order was $417.50, 50% of the quote total. I requested an invoice for that amount and my request was questioned, citing that I should just pay off of the work order. I advised the owner that my bookkeeper would require an invoice relecting the amount due and the work performed. The company uses a work order that obligates the customer and allows no room for terminating the agreement without severe financial obligation. Outcome: A work order scheduled for 8 days out, cancelled within 2 hours of signing cost me $417.50 without any actual work being performed. Customer beware!
ID
Service
Priced Right Tree And Lawn Tree Removal
Cons
  • Cancellation policy
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

WARNING Priced Right Tree & Lawn in Wichita, Jeff Diebold, sues and takes people to court A LOT !!!!BEWARE!!!!

WARNING! BEWARE OF Jeff Dibold "Priced Right Tree & Lawn Service" he told me our maple tree was diseased with boars and there was no cure and the tree would come down one way or another. I thought I signed an estimate because he was so nice and said he was a "christian". I trusted Jeff because he sounded so certain about it. I had a certified arborist look at the tree and found it to be completely healthy. When I called to cancel the agreement, Jeff successfully sued me today in small claims court for $719.50 and he has many similar lawsuits and the judge knows him. The judge didn't look at my report from the arborist but only looked at Jeff's paperwork. Jeff Diebold makes most of his living suing people and there were at least a dozen lawsuits on file at the courthouse. I was wrong not to read the fine print but he held the clipboard in both his hands and asked me to sign and I should have taken the clipboard and read the fine print. Jeff Diebold told me his wife was waiting on him so I hurried and signed faster than I should have because I didn't want to keep his wife waiting. He's in a hurry, blabs constantly so you can't ask as many questions. Says he's a minister at some church and he says Jesus is his boss. When he sees for sure someone doesn't read all the fine print he doesn't encourage them to do so or give any verbal information that 50% of the cost of the job is due immediately if job is canceled (even if the tree turns out to be healthy). Why would he want to remove a healthy tree... Then, the very next day he's filing a case against the would be customer which will be served by a sheriff. So, $635.00 for cancelling his job plus $79.50 for the court costs and a $15.00 fee to pay the sheriff for putting the serve request on my doorknob. He was quite a regular around the small claims court and ran fast out of there after I paid him the $719.50. But he does this all the time to people. He uses "being a christian" to sound trustworthy.
ID
Wichita, Kansas
Service
Priced Right Tree And Lawn Lawn Service
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article