Verified Reviewer

Terrible customer service, bungled financing

I had the most horrible experience at this dealer. First their finance team is awful, Chris Wilson literally insulted me on the phone because I asked for back-up relating to an extra payment that was needed once my financing was completed. The Salesperson was ok, but got the full press, get this car now stuff that I didn't expect from Ramsey. Finally, the manager of this train-wreck of a dealer, Eric St Hilare, is a do-nothing. I literally tried to reach him on several occasions, both at the dealership, and on the phone to complain about the above two, and he blew me off and never responded. Ever since this dealership was sold to Lithua Motors, this place has been going downhill fast. I even see the drop-off at the Parts and Service Division. I am completely severing ties with these people. TerrstuT

User's recommendation: Don't Shop Here.

Ramsey, New Jersey
Pros
  • Great cars
Cons
  • Terrible financing team
Apology

Undisclosed Accident

Purchased a 1 year old used Sienna Minivan from Prestige Toyota of Kingston, NY. Multiple issues: 1. Van was advertised as a Certified Used Van however it had not been put into certified used condition on the prearranged day of our test drive (not cleaned, not conditioned, driver's door wouldn't close automatically ++) 2. Was told this vehicle WILL BE a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle upon purchase. 3. Purchased the vehicle and the passenger door was closing however it still had issues: Interior had uncleaned stains, rear light bulb was out, front bumper had dried bug guts caked into the paint and a dime sized ding was on the passenger door. The ding was missed because the Van was dirty and had not been cleaned. 4. The battery died 2 weeks after the purchase. Dealer installed a new battery BUT it appears that they never previously checked the battery life. 5. Dealer performed the first scheduled service about 4 months after purchase with no issues. 6. The Passenger door stopped closing automatically (again) and I brought the Van to a different (closer) Toyota dealership for the second scheduled service AND to check the passenger door issue. The service technicians came back and informed me the door issue was not under the general warranty BECAUSE the Van had been in an ACCIDENT: Issue with the cable + door and rollers completely repainted + bondo "all over" the rear bumper + gas tank was replaced. 7. I called the service manager at prestige Toyota and left a message detailing what was just discovered. Never called me back. 8. I called the General Manager 5+ times and left messages each time. Never called me back. I sent an email through Linked In to the GM and he replied with "Carfax showed no Accidents, don't know about any accidents". I have been completely ignored for 2 months. Taking this to the next level of official complaints with multiple agencies. Prestige will make amends or face the negative publicity.
Kingston, New York
Pros
  • Service manager
Cons
  • General manager
  • Charlie rosko
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Exchange for an undamaged Minivan: Same style and year (or better) and mileage.

Prestige Toyota Don't lease here!

They play Toyota Financial and the dealership off each other. When you return your lease get ready to get Scr*** better put a couple grand away cause one way or the other they'll take it out of your hide and then it's pay or scr*** your credit so you grit your teeth and pay. Here's the answer to any question from Prestige about end of lease payments " That's not up to us that's Toyota Financial" If you're willing to wait 2 hours on the phone for the next "available" representative at Toyota Financial guess what? " That's up to the dealer not us. It says you have to pay..." The DB from the third party inspection company said my tires had "excessive" wear. We turned our car in with 10k LESS miles than we paid for over 3 years. My wife took the kids to school, went to the supermarket and to church for 1st communion practice. This guy charges me for excessive wear on my tires. When I called Toyota Financial, "Well that's a third party. They're objective!" Do they think my wife was pulling donuts in the parking lot in her freaking Highlander with the kids in the back? Read: We will take as much money out of your hide as possible. If you don't lease another car from them put aside another $350 for "disposition" fee. It's in the contract! Great but what the heck is it? Just money we want from you is the real answer. In other words we planned on making X from you, you didn't comply so we'll bill you anyway. I brought my car back 1 day late. Guess what? $380 full month payment. Why? It's in the contract! So bend over when you plan on returning your car to Presitge Toyota. Also, the young woman who was "managing" our return let me, my little kids and my wife wait for 10 minutes in the showroom while she flirted with some dude who was throwing paper balls at her. Hello, I can see you! Please come here instead of making my whole family wait while you clowns do your office jerking around. Really? Not very prestigious. More like "you're a loser for buying here and we'll now make you pay for your poor decision making." So sick of being taking advantage of by big companies that don't even make an effort to make it seem like they're giving you something for the money you are forced to give them. I'm tempted to say scr*** my credit rating I'm not giving you clowns a ton of cash for nothing, then that old middle class trap kicks in. What if I want to buy or lease a car, get a loan, get credit, whatever. So I tighten the belt some more and pay these a********s They have us just where they want us.
Ramsey, New Jersey
Cons
  • Bad unethical service
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Price reduction

Boycott prestige toyota for terminating Jewish employees

Boycott prestige automotive group...all of their brands. You must read this and you will want to boycott them aswell. http://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2007/a4629-05-opn.html Or Google DOCKET NO. A-4629-05T246**-**T2 "...the day after the meeting, T came into A's office and, according to A's trial testimony, stated to him: You f***king Jew, you think you're going to run this company with me[?] We hired you because we had to, not because we liked you. You'll be gone if it's the last thing I do." Do not support any of the Prestige dealerships. Boycott anyone company that does business with them. There is no room for this in this world.

A petition has been started on change.org please sign it in hope to stop religious descrimination.

Join the boycott

View more comments (1)

Prestige Toyota - Toyota Truck Review

This is my 3rd Toyota truck and will also be my last. Not sure why it took me 3 new vehicles to realize Toyota doesn't give a *** about return customers. The dealership was absolutely horrible both sales and service. Their thieves and the experience from the. Has turned me off of the truck it's only few months old and I hate driving it cause everytime I get in it all I can think about is all the bs I dealt with from the dealer. I can't wait to get rid of this truck screw Toyota they only care about a high price on a 1 time sale. Back to a Chevy Silverado I go!

Boycott Prestige toyota Google DOCKET NO. A-4629-05T246**-**T2

Boycott prestige automotive group...all of their brands.

You must read this and you will want to boycott them as well.

Or google DOCKET NO. A-4629-05T246**-**T2

You f***king Jew, you think you're going to run this company with me[?] We hired you because we had to, not because we liked you. You'll be gone if it's the last thing I do." Do not support Prestige dealerships.

Boycott any company that does business with them. There is no room for this kind of stuff in this world.

Prestige Toyota of Ramsey is probably one of the worst dealers in the state. They claim to have an A rating but that's bs, they know how to get the ratings they want published.

Talk to a few past customers an you will realize they do this to many people.

I'm disgusted my hard earned money went to the thieves over there! Buyer beware unless your a fan of buyers remorse stay away from Prestige Toyota of Ramsey!

View more comments (1)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article