Experience

Had got bill of sale on saturday for 2013 hyundai elantra, was on my way wednesday morning with check to buy car only to check website and called to find out they already sold the car the day before, they had my information it takes 2 seconds to give someone a call and say we've already sold vehicle was a huge inconvience i already PAID for insurance on the car was a complete waste of time plus the cars sold themselves they didn't put any effort to sale cars no one spoke unless you spoke to them, that shouldve been my first clue not to go there

AMAZING; PRESTIGE AUTO BROKERS IS ALWAYS RIGHT

IT SEEMS PRESIGE AUTO IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND COMPLAINING CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS WRONG! I CALLED LAST TUESDAY ON A CAR I WANTED AND GAVE THEM MY DEBIT-CARD TO SHOW GOOD FAITH; THEY TOOK $300,00 OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT . WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY OF LAST WEEK I CALLED ASKING FOR A COPY OF THE TITLE; PRESTIGE AUTO DECLINED EXPLAINING THEY DID NOT HAVE THE SOFTWARE TO EMAIL THE TITLE. CALLING FRIDAY I ASKED THE OWNER FOR A COPY OF THE TITLE; HE DECLINED SAYING HE WOULD HAVE IT WAITING IF I CAME TO HIS STORE FROM MYRTLE BEACH. PRESTIGE AUTO WANTED ME TO RISK ANOTHER $400.00 WHILE THEY WOULD NOT EVEN SEND ME A COPY OF THE TITLE; SO I TERMINATED MY EFFORT TO BUY THE CAR. AT THIS POINT I AM OUT $300,,00 CASH; AS OTHERS HAVE WARNED "WATCH OUT FOR PRESTIGE AUTO BROKERS".

This review is not 100% accurate. Phillip called us about a Lincoln and said he wanted to purchase it from out of state.

He was informed he could leave a $300 deposit/down payment to hold the car for a week till he could get here and he was CLEARLY informed that deposits were NON refundable as we would mark the car sold and turn down other customers that would want to purchase it. There is no point in taking deposits and losing potential sales if they would just be refunded a week later.Phillip asked for a copy of the CARFAX which is FREE on every single ad we have online, just have to click the link. It was explained to him where to find it on the advertisement and was also told we would have a copy of it for him to take with him when he picked the car up.Friday, 3 days later he called and asked me for the VIN number so he could get insurance, I explained how it was on the advertisement and would be easier for him to get it from there instead of maybe hearing a number wrong on the phone, he said OK and he would do that.The next communication we got from him was and email on Monday, not a phone call, the day before he was supposed to pick up the car. He said in his email that he asked for a copy of the title and we told him we wouldn't send it so he wasn't buying the car?????

We were just as confused as anyone would be. Phillip NEVER asked for a copy of the title, if he would have I could have faxed it or emailed it over no problem as we do it all the time. He asked for the CARFAX and VIN number which are both on all our advertisements. So we called him to see what was going on and he said he didnt want to purchase the car as it was too much risk?

In 13 years we have been in business I have never had such a claim, we are a family dealership and strive to make our customers happy and have great reviews.

We have sold cars to every state in the US and even some out of the Country. Everything was clearly explained to him on the phone about deposits, before he ever gave us one, so he decided to forfeit his buy not buying the car.I am sorry paranoia got the best of him but there was nothing we did wrong.We sold the car to a 88 year old Gentleman 3 days later after relisting it, also from out of state, and he was very happy with the car.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Prestige Auto Brokers Of Raleigh Customer Care
Cons
  • Cheated me
Order processing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Prestige Auto Brokers of Raleigh - Sales Representative Review

Beware of these people before doing business with them. I was treated very rudely by the salesman, I did not buy the car and posted an honest review online. They responded to the review with an outright lie claiming that I told them that I had no intention of buying the car but wanted to test drive it anyway! That makes no sense and I never said that! The salesman just didn't want to do it and is now lying about it. If these people are willing to lie about something that trivial, who knows what lies they will tell someone to get their money!

We did not lie about anything, Angel Newton (reviewer) was heard talking to her Husband by 2 people in the office saying they were not buying a Yellow car, but just wanted to test drive it to see what a Mazdaspeed Protege drove like (yes it is a sportscar)

Of course we would go on a test drive if we thought they had actual interest in buying it, that's how we sell cars!

Our great ratings speak for themselves so yes please do your homework, We have been in business for 12 years and have many many satisfied customers, we offer some of the best pricing and service around as well, we just can't please everyone all of the time.

#1319485
@Amante Fig

Has the owner ever considered he could get another small car that is not yellow, and by letting them test drive a current car build a bond and a relationship with this customer that would make them want to buy from them?

Stop posting your baseless reviews. We have better things to do.

View more comments (2)
Prestige Auto Brokers Of Raleigh Sales Representative

Prestige Auto Brokers of Raleigh - Customer Care Review

1 out of 5 stars - I made an offer on a truck. An offer that I felt was fair but mainly in my budget. Instead of getting a respectful decline. Who ever contacted me was rude and said that's a good down payment I'm sure the bank will finance the rest. 21K a good down payment? This guy was rude. Instead of being respectful and trying to work with me to get this truck, he rather run his mouth and lose a sale for this dealer. I wouldn't ever do business here. And if I know anyone looking at this dealer I would try and persuade them to look else where. If I could give 0 stars I would! I left this same review on Carguru, after doing so the dealer did a counter review with nothing but lies, stating I demanded they take my offer which was a LIE, that I said the price they had on the truck was GREAT, another lie. After he wrote these lies and I can price because I have or email history, he starting running his mouth through email harassing me. And I told him enough I was sending him to spam, then he sends me my cell phone number that he got from carguru when I acquired about the vehicle. And said I can contact you this way.... Really what dealer does this. This dealer is a joke. Any buyer I would run.... BEWARE OF THIS LYING COMPANY THAT HARASSES PEOPLE. because they don't get a good review....

Daniel Caudill sent us an offer of almost $6000 less than our price of $24995 which would be $26,043.82 out the door, he offered $21K which would be actually $20,098.82 before tax + tags, and when we did not accept it he sent very rude and profanity laced emails to us telling us how we were overpriced, then sent another email admitting our price was good, just not in his budget. Now he is harassing us by leaving reviews everywhere and re-editing them to change things.

He never came to our lot so there is no basis for this review just because he emailed us a lowball price and we didn't accept, he did not even give us a chance by coming in to talk to us or look at the truck, emails can be taken the wrong way and not the same as in person.

We are a no haggle dealership and everything is priced way below book value.

We are a family owned and have been in business for 12 years and have a A+ BBB rating along with many many positive reviews and repeat business. We didn't get this way by lying to people or not treating them right.

ID
#1020841 Review #1020841 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Prestige Auto Brokers Raleigh NC Great service! review

I was really dreading having to deal with car shopping but not anymore! Prestige Auto Brokers in Raleigh NC didn't hound me and try to convince to get anything out of my budget. I left out feeling excited to drive off with my new Mustang and share my experience with others! No haggle pricing, fast, efficient, professional what more could I ask for? My previous car was a Ford Explorer with high mileage and they took it in trade towards my new car, they didn't offer any financing but that was OK as I had my own. I traveled 3 hours to buy my new Mustang and will be back again to Prestige Auto Brokers when I need another car.

I had the same great experience, was in and out in less than 15 minutes after a test drive. The salesman was nice and answered all of my questions about the warranty plan I purchased as well.

Durham, North Carolina
Prestige Auto Brokers Of Raleigh Customer Care
Pros
  • Great customer service
Good customer service

BE WARNED....SHADY SALES PRACTICES, NO DISCLOSURE OF MAJOR MECHANICAL ISSUES.

Update by user Apr 15, 2014

I have tried to remove this review. After taking the vehicle for a second opinion we were told that the head gasket was not blown and the vehicle was in good condition for its age. Prestige Auto accepted our apology but now I want to remove this review but see no option to do this.

Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2014
I purchased a vehicle from Prestige Auto Brokers, LLC in Raleigh, NC on 4/4/2014. The vehicle was purchased "As Is" but key information about the vehicle was not disclosed on the damaged disclosure statement. After taking it to an Auto garage on 4/9/2014, I learnt that the vehicle had a salvaged engine and a blown head gasket along with other issues totaling more that 5K. I have reached out to to the owners to resolve this amicably but they are not interested. They will be hearing from lawyer next. I realize I bought the vehicle "As Is" but there is an Implied warranty where I expect the vehicle to run without an issue.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article