Refused to pay for ruined jacket

My family used President Valet II cleaners for about 2 years and were always happy with the results. In march 2015, i took a $3000 YSL leather jacket for a cleaning. when i picked it up the leather coat shrunk significantly. i asked Mrs. Kim for refund on the cleaning cost, and $1000 store credit, since the jacket was used, and i liked their work. She initially claimed jacket was like that, but i produced photos of me in jacket, and she then promised to stretch it back to original. Two weeks later, the stretching did not work, and i asked for a store credit again, Mrs. Kim refused, and gave me the phone number of Bruno, a leather specialist in NJ that cleaned my coat. Bruno asked me for all information and photos, which he received, and then he stopped answering my calls. However on April 27, 2015, i received a very unbiased letter from Nacional Cleaners Association stating that in their opinion my jacket was cleaned properly, and they don't know how my coat went from size 44 to size 40. On June 12, 2015, i wrote a letter to President Valet II, i demanded payment for $1999, which was current Ebay price for this jacket, and advised them of my intentions to sue in small claims court and to contact consumer protection agencies. Today i stopped in to pick up another batch of dry-cleaning, which i paid for, and i asked the status of my claim. Mrs Kim advised that she filed an insurance claim, but could not tell me when and how much i will be paid. i tried to explain to her that she needs to pay me regardless, and deal with the insurance claim later. And then Mr. Kim came out from the back... Mr. Jeong He Kim in a raised voice told me that he is done talking to me and done reading my letters and in an aggressive manner asked me to leave.
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
$1999
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article