Near Death Experience due to physician error

Presbyterian Hospital Plano, TX allowed an inexperienced doctor to care for me after major surgery. He contravened my surgeons instructions and kept me on a ventilator for an additional 18 hours and exposed me to Heparin which caused Heparin Induced Thrombosis sending blood clots to my lungs and brain. I survived but had to undergo an extra 8 months of therapy. A year later all is not as it was before the experience. It was necessary to install a titanium filter in my descending inferior vena cava which I will carry for the rest of my days. The hospital defended the doctor and his bad judgement. The facility provided a bed after readmission due to an emergency following their initial care that was so uncomfortable that it prevented sleep. It was only after vigorous protests from myself, my wife and son that a bed that permitted sleep was provided.
ID
#203860 Review #203860 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

About

Summary

Presbyterian is a not-for-profit healthcare leader offering advanced medical treatments for residents of the southern piedmont region of North Carolina for more than a century. Presbyterian offers comprehensive medical, educational and emotional support services. Presbyterian is part of Novant Health, a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system that serves patients and communities reaching from Virginia to Georgia. Presbyterian is based in Charlotte, NC. Presbyterian is comprised of Presbyterian Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital Huntersville, Presbyterian Hospital Matthews, Presbyterian Hemby Children’s Hospital, Presbyterian Orthopaedic Hospital, Presbyterian Medical Plazas, Novant Medical Group. Thus it is a chain of hospitals that is intended to serve needs of people of different age and experiencing any kind of health problems.

Presbyterian reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article