Premier Credit Garnishing Social Security

Michael J Belisle 2600 Lynnwood Circle Norman, Ok 73072 Dec 21st 2010   Good morning, My Social Security benefit has been garnished by a collection company, Premier Credit of Indianapolis. I am currently receiving my Social Security Benefit. Three months after it started (started in June 2010, and garnished in August) it was garnished by a collection company in Indianapolis called Premier Credit (which has 88 complaints against it with the BBB). After investigating it, several days of phone calls to the SS, the DOE in Washington DC and the DOE in California as well as several more collection agencies in California, I found out that it is for a student loan from the 1980's. Premier Credit claims the Dept of Education in Washington DC is the collecting agency, yet the money goes directly to Premier. Dept of Education says their agent is Premier Credit. First and foremost, I never had a student loan, all my schooling was on the VA's dime. My dates of service were Nov 1967 thru August 1970, the height of the Viet Nam War. So that's problem #1. Secondly, the SS people, the DOE people and I, never received any notice of intent to garnish this monthly check, I hadn't heard anything about any student loan over the 25+ year span of the alleged loan and the people at Premier Credit refuse to talk to me after calling me a liar and a deadbeat for not paying this loan (what loan??). They refuse to send me any paperwork on it and will only talk to my attorney. My attorney(s) have since sent them several letters of intent and they (Premier Credit of Indianapolis) has refused to comply or return any information or initiate any contact whatsoever with the attorney(s). Initially, Premier Credit has sent my attorney a "copy" of an alleged promissory note with my "alleged" signature, date and address. All of them are false. The time of the alleged signing, I was living 100 miles away from the alleged address. Anyone ever hear of Photoshop?? . The garnishment is for 15% of the monthly check and is quite a chunk of change. My wife is currently under treatment for Alzheimer's and I am under going treatment for Congestive Heart Failure. This garnishment is not only incorrect, but hurting our income. Premier has numerous complaints filed with the BBB in Indianapolis ( which now includes mine). The BBB in Indianapolis has received a letter regarding my complaint back from Premier which has more lies in it than the US Army telling me "Naw, you won't hafta go to Viet Nam!!" My lawyer suggested that I contact your office (and others. Including the State Attorney General in Indiana and Oklahoma)and see if you might be interested in looking into this problem. Please advise. I am also contacting several more agencies such as the FTC's Military Assistance branch, congress persons in Indiana and a few in Oklahoma that I know. We are advocate's for the Alzheimer's Association (both in California & here in Oklahoma) and have spoken before committee's in Washington DC and California, been on TV several times and several newspapers. I am not afraid of putting myself out there. I just don't like people who weren't even alive when I was in the military, calling me names and screwing with my Social Security, which I worked for over 40 years to get before some other politician spends it on sending people to South America to study the mating rituals of ants. My attorney in California has sent a 2nd and 3rd letter's and obviously Premier isn't going to respond to them either. Thanks for any help you may provide Michael J Belisle

Can a collection agency garnish my social security check for school loans from over 3 years ago and even though they are aware of the fact that I can not pay. I am so tired of the phone calls and all the applications for deferment and for cancelation of my loans for which I have sent many applications.

Now they are telling me they can not help me and they have never gotten any of my forms. I just can not afford to pay these loans and I am now considering getting a lawyer.

any suggestions? :(

Premier Credit Privacy Policy
To read more: http://www.premierecredit.com/../PCNAPrivacyPolicy.pdf
Premier Credit FAQ
To read more: http://www.premierecredit.com/Contact-Us/Consumer-Concerns.aspx
Summary

Premier Credit is one of the accounts receivable management firms. It has over $4 billion of active inventory. Premier Credit is an account receivable management partner for the federal government, universities, guaranty agencies, private lenders and many other asset class creditors. Each of its client’s recovery programs offered by the company is designed based on the unique profile of each client, as every client has his specific needs. From initial account placement to account resolution, Client and Corporate Services Division of the company is providing customer support. Being based in 1999, Premier Credit began with a staff of two, now its stuff accounts nearly 400 employees today. In 2009, the company became a wholly-owned member of ECMC Group of companies - which includes Educational Credit Management Corporation.

Premier Credit reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article