Verified Reviewer

Broken tub

RunCant get help. Company out of business.

User's recommendation: Run!!

Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Premier Care in Bathing - over priced, and second rate workmanship - do not use

Please do not use this company, from the salesman to the fitters it is over priced and the finish is awful. They are not dementia friendly and only employ contractors not their own fitters. So services is second rate. We heard the fitter shouting in my dads hall at the surveyor, which if anyone knows people with dementia it is very frightening for them. Getting hold of someone is authority to speak to is also a nightmare - I had to be very rude to eventually get someone to call me back. If you are thinking of getting a shower fitted please get in contact with me I would happily show you the finish. Maybe ask them to see a finished shower before you buy. Please don't be taken in my their Sales man he is well trained, and has an answer for everything
Corby, Nottinghamshire
Service
Premier Care In Bathing Bathtub Installation
Cons
  • Finish
  • Company
  • Way they treated me as a customer
Reason of review
still awaiting a handle, not happy with finish
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Premier care in bathing rip-off the elderly-England

My father in law who had started suffering from dementia had this company come round, he was quoted £6500, which he paid for a shower with a seat and new flooring. To us this is a rip-off, wildly over priced and and extremely poor quality of workmanship, shower broke in less than one year, flooring has loads of gaps between tiles not good in a bathroom, plumber had to move radiator a couple of inches and left a pool of water under floorboards which ran down the wall of living room below. Unfortunately we did not realise the problems until my mother in law died and was sorting out paperwork and saw the cost, had they come round before he had dementia he would never have agreed to pay this amount, we not happy they had ripped off a man of 83 with dementia. The company does not return phone calls which means you constantly have to keep ringing. Concerned about the elderly!! only concern this company has is taking as much money off elderly confused people as possible, disgusting excuses for human beings.

No rip-off. He was quoted a price, paid it, and received the service.

As for them taking advantage of his dementia, they have no way of knowing about his condition.

That's what family is for. You failed him by not monitoring his activities and helping him with the transaction.

@Courtnie Vei

If you had read properly I mention poor quality of work, also they might not know about dementia but they can tell they are ripping off a very elderly man. As you might know about the elderly, they are proud people, and do not ask for help as they believe they can cope as they have always done in the past.I hope you are watching your parents or are you too busy ripping off other peoples.

@Courtnie Vei

You start by saying no rip-off, but by stating You failed him by not monitoring his activities and helping him with the transaction, you are basically admitting he was ripped off and if we had known and been involved he would not have been. Who is going to help elderly people who have no family falling prey to this company of sharks?

You generally in life get what you pay for and for what he paid you would expect quality workmanship, sadly in this case no.

Thanks for your concern regarding family, rest assured this will not happen again. Unfortunately for me I forget other people do not have same high standard of morality.

View more comments (2)
London, England
Service
Premier Care In Bathing Installation

Put my father in serious danger.

Update by user Jan 19, 2013

I would like to update my last blog about Premier Bathrooms. We have now put this into the hands of Trading Standards as this electrician is clearly cutting corners and putting lives at danger. Awaiting a response from them.

Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2012
My 76 year old father had a walk-in shower fitted by Premier Bathrooms recently. This cost him over £5,000 which I thought was very expensive for what he got - a 8kw shower and a plastic surround. Not only did I think it was a rip off the best is yet to come. My father had reason to consult an Electrician as he was having a new cooker installed in his kitchen and needed a new circuit board. The Electrician who came to install the new circuit board discovered that the Electrirician from Premier Bathrooms had fitted the shower with the wrong cable, i.e. this should have been 6mm wiring but the wiring he used was less than 4mm. This could have caused a fire in my father's home. I emailed and spoke to Premier Bathrooms who ignored my phone calls and my emails. They eventually paid my father's Electrician to put the correct wiring in the shower but have not given me an explanation as to why this happened in the first place. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - THEY ARE DANGEROUS!!

I bought a tub for more than 15000 thousand dollars I want of my money because it is not worth it my dad was injured from a fall and I bought it for him paid in full, the shower rack broke the next year and they charged me for repairs I am so appalled I wish I had help.

PLEASE, EVERYONE. BEFORE TALKING TO ANY FAST TALKING SALESMAN, GO TO THE BBB ACCREDITED WEB SITE and check if the company you plan to deal with is accredited.

Otherwise the sharks will get you and always elderly people are easy targets because they are vulnerable due to their disabilities. Some times it's very noticeable (ie. speech, judgment impairment, etc.) A family member should always be involved when making decisions regarding the company you are dealing with. It's awful and I feel for those who get taken as I am elderly and disabled and had to learn the hard way.

After thousands of loss dollars, i only deal with BBB Accredited companies.

You can't go wrong. :(

View more comments (1)
Woking, England
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article