PreferredPhotos Reviews

Show reviews that mention
preferred photo grey market warranty card order price scam photo camera service world photo
Filter review

Scam

I placed an order for a digital camera which showed to be in stock. Next day I received an e mail to call & confirm the order. I called & after 3 times on hold for over 5 minutes, a service rep kept trying to sell me additional accessories. It was obvious since the camera was at a bargain price they try to make it up on upgrades. I told them that please only send me the original camera & nothing else. Today I received an email stating that the camera is on backorder & if I won’t could cancel the order. I will cancell my order & never order from this company again.
Newark, New Jersey

Scam artists

I had the exact same experience with the "good" folks at PreferredPhoto.com. First I googled the prices for a Canon PowerShot G9 camera, usually sold for around $500.00. The cheapest came from PreferredPhoto at $388.00. The next day it was at $389.00 and on the third day $390.00. (Flag 1). I thought I had better order now before it became more expensive. Like the other customers, I received an e-mail to call the company to verify my VISA number (Flag 2). The very rude sales person ("I don't care what you order.") (Flag 3) told me the price is for the Japanese version; the U.S. version would cost $450.00. I told him that the Japanese version wouldn't do me any good. He, all huffy and puffy, offered to cancel the order, which I gladly accepted. Right after that conversation, I notified VISA, who luckily had not received the notification of the transaction. I ended up buying the camera from our friendly Circuit City store for $500.00 minus a $50.00 online coupon. Voila: same price, nicer service. Recommendation: Do NOT buy from this company.
Denver, Colorado

Preferred Photo LLC. www.preferredphoto.com

I came upon Preferred Photo as a result of shopping for a new TV, the particular TV Sam sung LN-37A550 37-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV , when i searched the site the price was 893 US, I was told to call when i ordered the TV at that price and was told that this was the price for the Import model. however there was no mention of the fact (when viewing the details of the TV on there website) THERE NO MENTION OF WHETHER OR NOT THIS PRICE WAS FOR AN IMPORT MODEL OR A US MODEL. Being A US BASED COMPANY AND AN US SITE...I FIGURED THAT THIS WAS THE PRICE FOR THE TV($893 US) I ORDERED THE TV UNDER THE ASSUMPTION BASED ON THERE WEBSITE THAT THIS WAS THE PRICE FOR THE TV, SO I ORDERED IT. I RECIEVED AN E-MAIL SAYING TO CALL TO CONFIRM, SO I DID AND AT THAT TIME WAS TOLD THAT THE PRICE I ORDERED FOR WAS FOR THE IMPORT MODEL AND THE US MODEL WOULD BE 1028 US DOLLARS, I THINK THAT THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING AND VERY MISLEADING AND A WAY OF GETTING CUSTOMERS TO BUY FROM THEM WITH THE IDEA THAT THEY ARE GETTING A GOOD PRICE, AND IN FACT WAS THE PRICE FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT ADVERTISED AS IT SHOULD BE. so i was given a price of 1028 US for the US Model, now i see you have changed the price to 943 US WITH STILL NO MENTION ON WHETHER OR NOT THIS AN IMPORT OR US MODEL. THEY DO MENTION THAT THEY DO SELL IMPORTS BUT DO NOT SPECIFY IF IN FACT A VIEWED TV IS AN IMPORT OR US MODEL.
Locust Dale, Virginia
Loss

Same company by a different name

"Preferred Photo" is just another passing name for a mega-cheat company. The same crew of rip-off artists operated "World Photo" a few years ago. I learned a big lesson from them... I called World Photo and asked the sales rep the price of a Tamron lens. He said it was $279. I then asked him if it was USA or GREY MARKET (not imported/distributed by Tamron USA, but imported directly by the camera store). He said it was USA with a one-year warranty. I asked how much for shipping to Boston ($15). I asked again “and this is USA not GREY market lens” – “that’s correct.” “Let’s do it.” I gave my credit card and then he asks if I wanted a filter (which I was going to ask for anyway). I said yes, I wanted a Hoya UV and I asked how much it is ($24.95) and I confirmed “and that is for the Hoya.” “Yes.” “ok.” He told me I should have my lens and filter in two days. The lens arrived the NEXT day! I was thrilled. I unpacked it and checked it out. I then looked through the paperwork – no warranty card - a sure sign that it is a Grey Market lens. Add to that, the filter I received was a Tiffen filter, not a Hoya. Though a decent product, the Tiffen is in no way comparable to the Hoya I ordered. I tried calling – they were closed. I called World’s customer service all morning and kept getting a recorded message. I called the 800 order number. I told the gentleman I could not reach customer service. He helped me. He was evasive about the USA question on the lens. He kept saying “it has a one-year USA warranty. Is there anything else I can help you with?” “Yes. You haven’t answered my question. Did Tamron import this lens and you are distributing it, or did you import this lens?” “It has a one-year USA warranty.” “Who is providing that warranty? Tamron?” “Yes. We are and it comes with a one-year USA warranty.” “I see. I also asked for a Hoya filter and received a Tiffen.” “We don’t carry Hoya.” “I was told you do.” “We don’t carry Hoya.” “Very well.” I hang up. I call Tamron and (1) told them I received a lens without a warranty card and (2) ask if World Photo is an authorized distributor. They are not. Tamron recommended returning the lens. They said there was no way it was anything but a Grey Market lens. They said they would not honor any warranty for a Grey Market product. I called World back. I believe I got the same gentleman. I ask the same questions and tell him I have spoken with Tamron. I told him that they have deceived me and I don’t like how they conduct business. I told them that I will be returning the lens and calling my credit card company to stop payment. “Yessir. You will need and RA or it won’t be accepted.” “OK. Who can I speak to? No one is in customer service.” “They are there now. Let me get them for you.” I speak to Tom – the manager. He asked me if there was a 6 year warranty card in the lens’ paperwork. “No. There was no warranty. I was told it had a one year warranty. There was no paperwork.” “This particular lens has a 6 year warranty and the card should’ve been in the box. I have all the warranty cards separate and it apparently didn’t get placed in the box. (that is VERY weird] Let me send you the warranty card.” I decide to allow him time to mail me the card since he said “you have 15 days to return the lens for a full refund if, after you inspect the warranty, you still do not want it.” I asked for a day by which I'd need to return it. He gave me a specific date. k.” I then told him about the filter. He said I could return it for a Hoya filter [hmmmm, they HAVE Hoya?], or a refund. I called my Visa company. Wanted it recorded that I am having problems with this vendor – but that I wanted to give the vendor an opportunity to produce the warranty card – though I doubted he could. In the event that I still want to return it in the 15 days, I wanted it on record that I addressed the matter today. I received a document from World that appeared to be a valid warranty card. I called Tamron. They said it was not. I called World for a Return Authorization. I shipped the lens and filter back with a letter outlining their disception and demanding full payment including shipping. I told them that they might as well comply because my credit card company won't honor the charges. They complied. The frosting on the cake, for me, was that I took their UPS account number off their original package and used it to pay for the return shipping costs!!! So, they not only didn't make the sale - but they paid for round trip shipping and insurance!!! STAY AWAY from any company associated with them - including: Broadway Photo, A&M Photo World, Regal Camera, Prestige Camera, Preferred Photo, Royal Camera.
Boston, Massachusetts

Preferred Photo.com

Preferred Photo. Scam, *** and Sucks best describes Preferred Photo.com I placed an order with this company on my Amex card. After hitting the confirm order button, I receive an email from these *** that suggests I call them before they will process my order. Once I make contact, they begin to up-sell me with just about everything they they have on their shelves, Wires, cords, Warranties and now the clincher, bulbs. I tell them, "I don't need any of that, please just ship me the TV" "Well the TV doesn't come with bulbs to project the image, you need to pay more for those" "Your web site says nothing about additional costs for bulbs" I say. "Well you need bulbs to make the TV work" "Well cancel my order then" I tell them! They hang up on me. Figuring that this is some side business the company uses to push more product, I call their normal line where I get put on hold for nearly 10 minutes. When I confront their tactics, I am verbally abused by there "Customer Representative" This company is a scam and a clear ripoff and needs to be brought out in the open.

As everyone else i was skeptical ordering from them in the first place. I spent 1 1/2 hours where I was transfered more then 8 times and was provided misleading shipping and tracking information on the Sony LCD i purchased. I considered the mis-information being provided as fraud and disputed the charge on my AMEX.

Like all the previous complaints, I, too, had to call to "confirm" my order before they would process it. I did upgrade to a battery with a larger capacity but when I received the item it was not a Sony battery and the charger was not included.

After calling customer service and being on hold for 15 minutes I finally got them to admit that a charger was to be included.

As of today, I still do not have the charger. I definitely WOULD NOT recommend that anyone do business with Perferred Photo.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SCAMMING COMPANY!!! I ordered from Preferred Photo this weekend.

Today, they called me on the phone to "verify some information." Instead of "verifying my information," they try to sell you something else. This company runs a SCAM. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! THEIR PRICES ARE DISHONESTLY LOW!!

They never shipped my camera. Customer service was absolutely HORRIBLE.

ProjectorExport.com pulls the same kind of ***. Call them back, wait 10-15 minutes and get a total *** trying to upsell me an LCD that was clearly a lesser model.

I got the last laugh though..

I did a lookup for the *** bag that owns the projectorexport.com website. I then did a google search on this turds name...lo and behold this *** bag also sells real estate in NYC...and his cell phone was listed in PDF for the properties he was selling...I called it and guess what after 2 rings I get an answer and complete rip this *** bag a new *** about his business practices.

I then called my credit card company and stopped payment.

ProjectorExport.com is ***!

After a failed attempt in ordering a camera on line, I've changed to calling in first to confirm whether they have the product in stock. Lo and behold, they do not. Everytime I got the same answer of two weeks. I've called in 3 times now.

I've also searched for other stores for cheap price. Guess what they are also using the same tactics and happen to use the same answering services because I called all 3 with a few minutes and got the same music on hold.

Broadway Photo, Preferred Photo and Regal Photo are all scams.

The website still indicates that the product as In-Stock while they know in fact that it's not.

Coincidentally, they all locate in New York.

Go figure.

i just ordered a zr 950 they sent me a email to call them to confirm the order when I called them they tried to sell me accessories after I told them I dont need any they stated the camera in sont new.The web site does not say anything like that.They are a scam company beware

Same story for me - ordered a camera, called them and got the run around, only to be told that the camera I had ordered was the "international" as opposed to "North American," so all the buttons and writing would be in Japanese. I asked about getting it in english, but that would've been an additional $45.

No thank you. Pure scam.

Absolutely! These guys are scammers. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

Yes they are a scam company. I just ordered from them and they did the same thing to be. They had me call in and then try to sell me a bunch of things.

Same experience, upsold to *** an beyond, to make things worse, I used an 'international' credit card, they got a $700 hold, but will release it, because the CANCELLED the order because the card is international!? My cc company will hold this for 30 days, unless the vendor sends a fax saying they will not collect, preferred will NOT even think of sending a fax. These guys are ***!!!!

View more comments (9)
Chandler, Arizona
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article