Wrong product and continual lies by Precision Door Service

I needed a new garage door... and it had to be the exact door that I had; same style with windows, same paint color and hardware. I have a HOA, so I don't have any room to make changes. So when they came to install door, I happened to ask about the hardware. The installer checked the hardware...it was not correct. Then told me the whole door was wrong! They ordered the wrong one and were almost about to put it up! On a later date, they sent a "salesman" to determine which door they really needed to order. Finally, it was installed. Now, I was assured they would take a paint sample from my old door to match it up and also the hardware from my old door. As the installer left, I actually called the office to remind them of this. They assured me it would be done. They said they would call when ready to paint.....took 2 weeks. The day arrived for them to paint. Appointment was in afternoon, but a worker came to my door in the morning. He said "I'm not here to paint"... told me he had to get a paint sample from my trim to make sure they had right paint. Sounded fishy. The day of?? I questioned as to if they really got a sample from my door and he said they had. I knew he wasn't being truthful. He then carved a piece off of one of my supports. I told him that wouldn't be right color anyways because it is faded by sun. Later, the painter arrived....with the wrong paint. He told me he was pissed because they never got a sample and put him in that position. I gave him my HOA info for THEM to call. Weeks later, someone from company called me and said they hadn't been able to locate color. I asked them for the number they called and got the info myself within 5 minutes. My builder had tried to contact them to no avail. Finally, the day came for them to paint and install hardware. I even called the day before to make sure they were coming. My window was 1-3pm. By 235, I called the office to ask what was going on. Was told "they are on their way." Called again at 415. Was told the owner would call back. No call. I called again at 545. (by now my HOA is alerted to my door and I have a letter to have it in compliance). I was told office manager would call me back. At 6pm... the installer called and said he was on his way. I had second thoughts because it was late, but I needed it done! I said okay. Then he called back and said it wouldn't be until after 630 because of traffic. I told him forget it....it was going to be dark!! Seriously! He said "well, when do YOU want it done?" I told him between 1-3...but asked about Monday (this was Saturday). He told me 10am. So I agreed. Monday morning I called to verify...only because every encounter with them is horrible. I was told I was down for 4-6pm!!! I am livid. Talked with owner, who said he would try to shuffle things around....that was an hour ago..still no call. I hate this place!!!!!!!!!
ID
Mesa, Arizona
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article