Defective/Incomplete Repair Service

On December 15, 2014 at approximately 5:45 PM, I came to Precision Body Shop and Detail at 245 Collins Avenue, Colma, CA 94014 to pick up my car (2008 Honda Accord V6) after it was repaired because it had been in an accident on December 2, 2014. Before I drove it off from Precision Body Shop's parking lot, I noticed that the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT was lit. I then informed Precision Auto Body Shop estimator Travis of this who looked at it and advised me to come the next day so it be fixed. I came the next day, December 16, and a few minutes after I arrived, Travis drove my car to Precision's repair area/section and was able to make the CHECK ENGINE light to not light after about 10 minutes. On December 19, I brought my car back to Precision Auto Body for the same problem, the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. One of Precision's repairmen diagnosed it and said it is the Thermostat that is causing it. Travis then informed me that this is not caused by the accident and that he will talk to Progressive Insurance Representative Hleechi Yang about this. On December 22, at approximately 8:15 AM, Hleechi Yang advised me to take my car to a Honda Dealer Service to get my car diagnosed and that there is no guarantee that Progressive will pay for the diagnosis and repair because it is part of the cooling system and not the radiator and that it was the radiator that was replaced and not the Thermostat. Are Precision and Progressive right about releasing my car to me in a defective condition? In addition, why does Precision give written warranty and not fulfill it.
ID
Colma, California
Cons
  • Not satisfied
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Progressive must pay the for the right repair work done extra at Honda Dealer Service.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article