Precision tried to rip me off

A had a Mazda Protege that started overheating, so I took it into Precision Auto Tune to get it worked on. I had previously took the car to a radiator shop for the same issue and they had me replace one of the fans that was not blowing at full capacity. Anyways, Precision Auto Tune looked into my vehichle and concluded that I needed about $500 woth of work done to take care of the over heating....The wanted to do some engine flushes and the whole nine yard. I left the store and rembered a while before the instance that an older guy had told me to check the thermostat before doing anything else...I went to the auto store and bought a thermostat for about $15 and took it to precison to have them install the part. The car was running cool after that....as a matter a fact, it was running a little cooler than before (probably since I replaced that fan). Precision Auto Tune tried to rip me off.

The facts about over heating are coolant then hoses and thermostat and cooling fans.

do you need a coolant flush yes as its recommended by the vehicles manufacture as this will help, the other problem could be that your radiator isn't circulating coolant properly. as well this is where a flush comes in for it goes through your engine block then the heater core and radiator flushing out the old&in with the new coolant.

so this is every five to ten yrs depending what kind of coolant your vehicle takes as green coolant has a shorter life compared to red.

ID
Crestview, Florida

Precison auto in The Colony tx, Owner Blows up in temper tantrum!

I had ac work done a a car in aug 09 that came with 1 yr warranty. March 5th I call to tell them upon using the ac today it didn't work again. same problem. I took it in and he was a butt head from the get go. So he tells me it's a leek seperate from the work I had done before and that they would have to charge me just to test and c what was wrong. I called the owner paying for it and she didn't want to pay again... I tell him and Art calls her ***, then me ***, I then told him I would take the car to another shop. And he says the keys are in the car get out. I told him he was rude and he Bows up into a temper tantrum a screams GOOOOO! I said you have issues and I'm reporting you. I did just that! I would never recomed this place. I also saw a similar post on another review that he did a similar thing so he must have a short fuse and VERY bad costumer relations.
ID
Dallas, Texas
Loss

About

Summary

Precision Automotive, Lake Isabella, CA : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local, 760.379.6222. Get Ratings, Reviews, Photos and more on Yahoo! Local.

Precision Automotive reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article