Lack of customer-services

I'm a gunmaker by trade and base in Canada. Four rifle stocks where ordered on March 16th.: I was promised they would be sent out the same week. Notice of shipment came in more then 3 weeks later! Box with only 3 of the 4 gunstocks ordered arrived more then a 5 weeks after the order-date! They were informed by e-mail of the missing stock: next a lady called Shauna responded to this e-mail with the message she would take care of it! Well, apparently no action was undertaken nor did any missing stock get reported! I've been trying to get an answer out of them since! For these past few weeks they stated it had to be 'investigated' first and I would be called back on it immediately after! Well more then two months into it now and after numerous daily phone calls and many hours wasted on the phone to their 'C.S.' department begging them to be called back on this, none of their supervisors has ever gone through the trouble of calling me back! It's the 20th of May now: after getting really heavy handed with the CS-lady, she finally bothered to put in contact with the new Supervisor (employed since a month), who promised it would be taken care off and the missing stock would be sent out by this coming Friday 'free of charge'! I'll be holding my breath! Meanwhile: while gopher-season is nearing it's end, because of the strong gras growth this time of the year here in Canada; the owner getting 'sick and tired' of the long wait and the lack of response from Boyds' end, my customer has finally cancelled his stock-order with me! This missing stock was the one for his daughters future 'custom' gopher-rifle; the one that should have been finished over 1 1/2 month ago! Sadly, this sorry way of business-dealings and poor handling by their Customers Service-Department will reflect badly upon us gunmakers, gunsmiths and dealers down the production-line! No doubt: situations like these can only hurt clean slate; my name and business-reputation, which has been 'spotless' so far! This seems to be the going trend nowadays: to meet the market demand, a lot of these US companies choose to expand, but they are incapable of providing the broader customer-services that should be a significant part of such an expansion! Better to be safe, then sorry: to prevent further damage to my own business, more then likely, this will be the last stock I will order from them for a long time to come, until they have sorted out their problems!
ID
Cranbrook, British Columbia
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article