Practical Social Media Took My Money, Then More Money, Then More!

Practical Social Media University - Practical Social Media Took My Money, Then More Money, Then More!
Buyer Beware, I signed up for Practical Social Media University after a charismatic Facebook webinar by Steven MacDonald claiming big marketing experience... (The State of CO where he resides reported no record of this company). I wanted their services and paid $200 confident in their "money back guarantee". They sent me a login and the first screen had a popup trying to sell me something else. One page talked about MLM marketing. The other pages were only partially viewable, but I thought it may be my browser's incompatibility. I received a notice of an additional $300 being charged on my card so I sent an inquiry to Practical Social Media with no response for over a week, so I disputed the charges with Capital One as I lost all faith in Practical Social Media University. It was only after that I received a response from Practical Social Media University stating I signed up for another $300 program. Make a long story short, Capital One returned the $300, but not the $200. Practical Social Media said, "Your request to cancel services, as well as your request for a refund, came well after our stated policy expired". They didn't even respond in a week, so how would I get my money back with 1 week being their policy? Now they charged another $50 monthly fee so I will have to fight that as well. They said should I choose to pursue this, "we are happy to invest resources to defend ourselves". They also offered to reinstate the subscription. Like I would want that.

Sounds like you failed to thoroughly read and/or understand just what it was you were signing up for. It always pays to read the fine print.

This is how we learn. You might want to reconsider your future career and learn a marketable skill.

@Machele Imf

Thank you for showing every reader the kind of responses I have gotten from your company. Messages like this.

Insulting and always the consumer's fault. This method of doing business is dead and is exposing you for what your are. Interesting how this response came immediately following your notification of my posting this complaint. Instead of a resolution, you decided to be a troll.

Not a great reflection on you, your morals or judgement.

Had you responded this quickly in the first place, we might not be at this stage. Now I choose to share this on other platforms as well.

View more comments (1)
ID
Product
Practical Social Media University Program
Cons
  • Billing practices
  • Return policy
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Universities, Colleges and Schools Expert Talks

Student Loans Explained: How Do Student loans Work? | How to Pay Off Your Debt?

Jul 23, 2021

How to apply for a student loan? Betsy Mayotte, a President of TISLA, gives expert advice on private and federal student loans, interest rates, forgiveness program, how a student loan impacts taxes. In this video, you'll uncover expert answer to a student loan complaint and success story of a student who paid $130K in student loan debt.

Betsy Mayotte
Betsy Mayotte

Betsy Mayotte is the president and founder of the nonprofit called The Institute of Student Loan Advisors (TISLA). Her organization ensures that all consumers have access to free expert, neutral student loan advice and dispute resolution.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article