map-marker Waterford Township, Michigan

Faulty torque converter

I went to my local OReillys and purchased a torque converter just to get home and find out the inside was mushroomed before it downsizes to the small shaft leading me to believe it wasnt properly inspected so it wouldnt seat properly! I had to wait till the next day to get another one in, the first day of running it in my vehicle it seemed great but then guess what the new one puked so I lost my lockup and gained shudder plus ruining my 70 dollars of new trans fluid and Im sure ruining my newly rebuilt transmission So I definitely lost some cash and even if I took in this one in my truck for a warranty exchange Im not gonna reinstall the next one or even want it plus they have my original for the core so I get screwed extra hard!

User's recommendation: Don’t *** do it

Keith P Wii

Garbage transmission

Original review Feb 15, 2024

Customer car sitting here waiting for this place to warranty the junk transmission and getting the run around, mind you we put this in less than 2 years ago and now the car is sitting here weeks waiting for them play diagnostics over the phone. Nobody in the Toledo area is ever going to purchase one of these transmissions knowing the run around we get trying to get these customers taken care of.

Someone needs to call me make this right 419367****.

Im stuck paying rental fees and it is going to make me lose money. The customer so mad they want to go to another shop and sue power torque and me

Loss:
Cons:
  • Warranty

Preferred solution: To warranty this transmission

User's recommendation: Do not buy

map-marker Nashville, North Carolina

CONSUMER WARNING

I PURCHASED 1ST REPLACEMENT 6L90 POWER TORQUE TRANSMISSION FROM OREILLY AUTO 9-17-2020 AND IT NEVER SEEMED TO BE RIGHT. DECEMBER 2021 IT FAILED AND THEY PROMPTLY SENT 2ND REPLACEMENT WHICH ONLY LASTED ROUGHLY 30 MILES.

AROUND JANUARY 8 2022 3RD REPLACEMENT ARRIVED AND WAS INSTALLED. NOVEMBER 2023 3RD TRANS NOT WORKING PROPERLY.

JANUARY 2024 TOTAL FAILURE. LESS THAN 50000 TOTAL MILES WERE PUT ON THE 3 TRANSMISSIONS THAT WERE OBTAINED FROM POWER TORQUE THROUGH OREILLYS.

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY POWER TOTQUE TRANSMISSION

David S Vdq

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Just a very terrible experience, DO NOT BUY

Power Torque Transmissions - Just a very terrible experience, DO NOT BUY
Power Torque Transmissions - Just a very terrible experience, DO NOT BUY - Image 2

I understand there is a shipping shortage going on. However, the first transmission ground itself to death and clogged the valve body.

I took it back the shop, after receiving the 2nd transmission, they opened the pan on the second one after installing it and guess what...MORE METAL SHAVINGS. Both transmissions were complete garbage BOTH times. The warranty only covers up to $350 to remove/replace the transmission. I have no clue how much I am on the hole at the moment, but I would have been MUCH better off going somewhere else.

I bought the first one in May...and I am still waiting. I have been on constant calls with customers and the Manager at O'Reillys. Seriously do yourself and stress a favor and look elsewhere.

The honest thing to do here would be to cover the labor 100% and not set an unreasonable cap($350 max labor) for removing TWO broken transmissions and replacing them. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Loss:
$2000
Cons:
  • Honesty
  • Properly rebuilt
  • Reliability

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article