Shane G Ymq

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Harrow, England

Lost customer

Today I went in the south Harrow store knowing what I want.i found the Easter bunny that I want .. I wanted to buy 24 Easter bunnies which I always buy every year but not at the 1-29per bunny.. I asked for store manager to see if I could get all 24pounfs 1 pound for each bunny. I explained I come in here every year at Easter time and they always give me some sort of deal. As I explained i work for a nursery bright horizons and I always treat my class.. but the store manager straight up said no the price is the price shown There was no compromise on prices .. I said to him u are going to lose customers with that sort of attitude.
Pros:
  • Right near to where i live
Cons:
  • Staff or management have no people skills

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Go shopping there always .. but if you have a query or a question don’t ask for the store manger as he has no idea on making good deals or compensation

HHill

Verified Reviewer

Bad customer service

Have quite a number of points gathered up still waiting on my vouchers in post. Have emailed customer services a few times have emailed mark pym and it has gone to same email address. They dont care as long as people shop at there stores and make money for them.
Pros:
  • Money off items
Cons:
  • Dont get vouchers in post

Preferred solution: Vouchers owed and not let it happen again on my card.

User's recommendation: Dont care about us

Poundland are happy to sell faulty goods but not cover costs of damages

I was recently informed by Poundland Customer Relations that damage to my property as a result of faulty goods purchased at Poundland is MY OWN FAULT, and that a Gesture of Goodwill payment of £50 is their ONLY and FINAL compensation, which will not cover the cost of replacing carpet damaged by a Paint Roller which snapped and ruined the carpet. I feel all consumers should be aware of this treatment of Poundland customers, and I will make all efforts to ensure consumers are made FULLY AWARE of this situation. I provided the same photos posted on this page to Poundland showing damage to my property as a result of a faulty Paint Roller which snapped and bounced down stairs, which I was then accused by a Poundland representative of being at fault for, which was also stated in a letter sent to me accusing me of not using appropriate precautions, which I have advised Poundland I did in fact take. The images clearly showed the snapped faulty paint roller purchased from Poundland, which they stated "there may be an issue" with (quote from response letter). It is obvious that Poundland sold faulty goods and have washed their hands of the replacement of carpets, instead demanding I be happy with a £50 gesture of goodwill, which is not acceptable from a self-proclaimed "Responsible Retailer" - inadequate gesture and treatment of Poundland consumer are far from responsible. Caring and Responsible Poundland! Happy to sell faulty goods but never happy to cover the reasonable cost of damages resulting from the faulty goods. Does this really sound like a truly Caring and Responsible company? Is also seems to be the policy for Poundland to remove critical posts from it's customers on Social Media pages, as happened to my initial posts to their Facebook pages highlighting this issue, with the photos included. What does Poundland fear from the sharing of truthful, albeit negative or critical information between it's customers?
Loss:
Reason of review:
Defective Products and Poor Customer Service

Preferred solution: Reasonable payment to cover the cost of replacing damaged property resulting from Poundland faulty goods

Guest

Sounds like your fault to be honest.

E-commerce Talks

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article