Pool and Spa Depot Tucson does shoddy work

While the owner, Scott Hamilton, appears to be a nice guy, the work he does is so shoddy that it may take months to correct all the problems he's caused. All I wanted was a replacement heater for my spa. Scott failed to measure the spa to determine the size of the heater needed and then acted confused when the one he sold me took hours and hours to heat the spa. The electrical work he did was of such poor quality that a licensed electrician told me Scott probably couldn't install a lightbulb correctly. Scott installed a gas heater and left (never to return) with a problem that required me calling the gas company who said to not run the heater since it was dangerous. He took my existing pump, heater and filter and refused to return them (probably since he sold them to someone else). While all of the other pool equipment was working great before Pool and Spa Depot began the job, nothing worked right afterwards. Almost every day, a new problem would arise. Scott's response was, "That's a coincidence. This will probably cost you $2,000 to repair." Again, Scott will talk at you until he's blue in the face to tell you how great he is and how he does everything right (despite everyone else saying he did it wrong). Chances are he'll just wear you down until you throw up your hands in frustration. But my advice to anyone needing pool/spa repair in Tucson is to avoid Scott and his company. Also know that he is unlicensed (although he probably won't admit this).

We specialized in swimming Pool Service Tucson, new pool builds and solar pools in Tucson, Arizona. Our client satisfaction is our priority! :roll

#22093

I MET WITH THIS WOMAN THROUGH BOB PROVO. HE CLEANED THE POOL FOR DILLION. HE TOLD ME TO BE CAREFUL WITH HER.

I HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER TEN YEARS. I HAVE DONE THOUSANDS OF JOBS NOT ONLY THROUGH MY OWN BUSINESS, BUT FOR MANY POOL BUSINESSES ALL OVER TUCSON. I AM WELL RESPECTED BY MY PEERS. I HAVE BEEN A BOARD MEMBER OF THE INDEPENDANT POOL AND SPA SERVICEMENS ASSOCIATION FOR OVER TEN YEARS. I HAVE WORKED IN ALL ASPECTS OF THIS INDUSTRY INCLUDING RETAIL, DISTRIBUTION, CLEANING, REPAIR, AND RENOVATION. THERE IS NOTHING I CANNOT REPAIR. I KNOW EVERYONE WHO IS ANYONE IN THE INDUSTRY AND ALL WILL TESTIFY FOR ME AS BEING ONE OF THE BEST. I HAVE A LIST OF PEOPLE YOU CAN TALK TO. I HAVE BEEN TO EVERY TRADE SHOW, TRAINING SEMINAR, AND MEETING, MANY TIMES, IN MANY STATES. I AM A GRADUATE OF STARITE UNIVERSITY. THIS INFORMATION JUST BREAKS THE SURFACE. I HAVE MANY PAGES OF EXPERIENCE REFERENCES.

THE FIRST TIME I MET WITH DILLION SHE COMPLAINED THAT HER POOL FILLER WAS OVER FILLING THE POOL AND THAT THE POOL CLEANER WAS GOING TO FIX IT. I SAID I WOULD TAKE A LOOK AS I KNOW THESE FILLERS VERY WELL. WHEN I TOOK THE LID OFF THE FILLER ALL I COULD SEE WAS ROOTS. I HAD TO PHYSICALLY TURN OFF THE WATER AND UNSCREW THE FLOAT VALVE TO REMOVE THE ROOTS. THEY CAME OUT IN A PERFECT ROUND COLUMN A LITTLE OVER A FOOT TALL. THIS IS AN INDICATION THAT THE WATER HAD BEEN OVER FLOWING THE TOP OF THE HOUSING FOR A VERY LONG TIME. BOB KNEW THIS WAS HAPPENING BUT DID NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT AS HE IS A POOL CLEANER, NOT A REPAIR MAN.

AT THAT TIME I WAS THERE TO LOOK AT DILLIONS HEATER. IT WAS NOT OPERATING DUE TO A MASSIVE WATER LEAK. THE WATER LEAK HAD RUINED ALMOST EVERY COMPONENT OF THE HEATER INCLUDING THE REMOTE OPERATION. IT WOULD NOT BE COST EFECTIVE TO REPAIR IT. IT HAD TO BE REPLACED. BOB HAD ALSO TOLD ME THE SPA PUMP AND FILTER WERE OLD, LEAKING, AND IN NEED OF REPLACEMENT. WHEN I LOOKED AT THE EQUIPMENT IT WAS OVER TWENTY YEARS OLD AND LEAKING VERY BADLY. IT WAS GARBAGE AND IT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED OR ELIMANTED. I RECOMMEND REPLACING EQUIPMENT AFTER 10 YEARS UNLESS IT IS ONE OF THREE MAKES AND MODELS THAT ARE VERY DEPENDABLE. THE POOL SET UP SHE HAD WAS ONE PUMP ONE FILTER FOR THE SPA AND ONE PUMP AND ONE FILTER FOR THE POOL. BOTH SHARED A HEATER THROUGH THREE VALVES THAT WERE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE HOME OWNER TO OPERATE AND VERY COMPLICATED EVEN FOR A POOL PROFESSIONAL TO UNDERSTAND. WE VERBALLY AGREED THAT I WOULD REPLUMB THE SYSTEM AS TO CURRENT STANDARDS OF POOL PLUMBING USING ONE PUMP, ONE FILTER AND ONE HEATER. THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS SHE WOULD HAVE TO PHYSICALLY GO OVER TO THE EQUIPMENT TO SWITCH THE SPA ON INSTEAD OF OPERATING IT THROUGH A VERY OLD OUT DATED SPA SIDE, BY ELIMANATING THE OLD LEAKING SPA PUMP AND FILTER. I ALSO WAS TO INSTALL A HEATER THAT WOULD HEAT “ONLY THE SPA.” NO TIME LIMIT WAS EVER DISCUSSED. I ALSO TOLD HER THAT I WOULD SET THIS EQUIPMENT UP SO THAT SHE COULD UPGRADE IT WITH A NEWER CONTROLLER IN THE FUTURE SO SHE WOULD NOT HAVE TO GO OVER TO THE EQUIPMENT. THIS IS THE WAY 90 PERCENT OF THE POOLS ARE PLUMBED TODAY. I HAVE DONE THIS SETUP MANY TIMES. EVERYONE I HAVE INSTALLED IT FOR WONDERED WHY THEY HAD NOT DONE IT SOONER AND WERE VERY HAPPY, AND I CAN GIVE YOU NAMES AS REFERENCES. SHE AGREED TO EVERYTHING I PROPOSED. SHE DIDNT AGREE ON THE PRICE AND WAS TRYING TO FIND ANY WAY TO GET THE PRICE DOWN INCLUDING PAYING CASH TO AVOID PAYING TAXES AND TRADING A LAPTOP IN PLACE OF MONEY. I TOLD HER THAT IF SHE WANTED TO DO IT THAT WAY, I WOULD, BUT SHE WOULD HAVE TO AGREE ON EVERYTHING VERBALLY. I SPENT TWO DAYS ON THE PROJECT. WHEN I WAS DONE, RYAN, THE POOL CLEANER SAID IT WAS RUNNING THE BEST IT EVER HAS. HE WAS SO HAPPY BECAUSE IT MADE HIS JOB EASIER. I BROUGHT HER OUT TO THE EQUIPMENT AND SHOWED HER HOW SIMPLE IT WAS TO RUN HER SPA. SHE WAS FINE WITH WHAT I SHOWED HER. SHE ASKED ME TO SHOW HER HANDYMAN ALSO IN CASE SHE FORGOT. I SHOWED HIM. THE NEXT DAY SHE CALLED AND WAS COMPLAINING THAT SHE NEVER AGREED ON THE WAY THE EQUIPMENT WAS NOW SET UP. SHE SAID SHE DIDN’T WANT TO HAVE TO GO OVER TO THE EQUIPMENT AND TURN IT ON. I WAS APPALLED. I THOUGHT WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU LET ME SPEND TWO DAYS ON REPLUMBING YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM BEFORE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND. I AM A NICE GUY. I TOLD HER THAT I WOULD PUT IT ANY WAY SHE WANTED IT. SHE SAID SHE WANTED IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS AND SHE DIDN’T WANT TO PAY ANY MORE FOR MY TIME OF DOING THE WORK. I COULD HAVE PUT IT ALL BACK THE WAY IT WAS BUT WHY? THE HEATER WAS LEAKING AND DIDNT WORK, THE PUMP WAS OLD AND LEAKING, THE FILTER WAS OLD AND LEAKING, THE CONTROLLER DIDN’T TURN THE HEATER ON EVEN IF THE HEATER DID WORK, AND KNOW ONE KNEW HOW TO OPERATE THE THREE VALVES EXCEPT ME. I TOLD HER THAT I COULD GIVE HER A BETTER PUMP AND FILTER THAT WORKED AND REPLUMB THE SYSTEM ANY WAY SHE WANTED IT EXCEPT WITH THE OLD EQUIPMENT THAT WAS GARBAGE. I WAS VERY UPSET BY THIS BECAUSE THE WAY I HAD ORIGINALLY PLUMBED THE EQUIPMENT WAS THE BEST WAY TO HAVE EQUIPMENT PLUMBED FOR THE BEST MOST EFFICIENT OPERATION. WHEN I TOLD BOB ABOUT WHAT SHE WAS MAKING ME DO, HIS COMPANY CANCELLED CLEANING SERVICE WITH HER. SHE WAS PROBABLY SHOCKED BECAUSE BOBS PRICES WERE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS LESS PER YEAR THAN ANYONE ELSE IN TOWN. SHE BLAMED ME. I SPENT ANOTHER TWO DAYS REPLUMBING THE EQUIPMENT BACK TO THE TWO PUMP AND FILTER SYSTEM AND GETTING THE CONTROLS NEAR THE BACK DOOR. SHE THEN SAID THE THAT I WORE OUT THE GEARS ON HER INFLOOR CLEANING SYSTEM. THE SYSTEM IS OVER TWENTY YEARS OLD. SHE THEN WANTED ME TO FIX THE LEAKING AUTOFILL FOR FREE. THEN SHE SAID IT TOOK TOO LONG TO HEAT HER SPA. WE NEVER TALKED ABOUT A TIME LIMIT. SHE SAID SHE WANTED A HEATER THAT WOULD HEAT HER SPA. IF SHE WANTED ALL OF THE GREAT THINGS IN LIFE SHE HAS TO PAY FOR THEM. I MAKE MONEY DOING MY JOB. IF I GAVE STUFF AWAY I WOULDN’T BE IN BUSINESS LONG. THE BETTER STUFF COSTS MORE. IF SHE WANTS THE BEST SHE HAS TO SPENT MONEY. MY PRICES ARE LOWER THAN ANYONE ELSE. SHE IS PROBABLY FINDING OUT HOW MUCH EVERYONE ELSE CHARGES AND WANTS ME TO PAY THEM. SHE SENT PAGES UPON PAGES OF EMAILS TO MY OFFICE. I HAVE ALL OF THEM. IN OVER TEN YEARS OF BEING IN BUSINESS SHE SENT ME MORE WORDS THAN ALL OF MY OTHER CUSTOMERS PUT TOGETHER. SHE HAD CALLED OTHER POOL COMPANIES TO GIVE THEIR OPINION ON HOW THE EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE PLUMBED. ALL OF THE IDEAS WERE DIFFERENT FROM THE WAY THE EQUIPMENT WAS ORIGINALLY SET UP. SHE BASICALLY WANTS ME TO GIVE HER A NEW SYSTEM THAT I WOULD NORMALLY INSTALL FOR $3000 FOR $750. I FEEL SHE IS A VERY CUNNING WOMAN THAT PLANNED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION TO GET ALL NEW EQUIPMENT FOR NOTHING. SHE PAID ME $750 I PAID OVER $1700 FOR THE EQUIPMENT SHE HAS IN HER YARD. I WORKED OVER 20 HOURS TRYING TO PLEASE HER FOR NOTHING. SHE IS UNREASONABLE. IF SHE WANTS ME TO DO ANYTHING ELSE IN HER YARD SHE NEEDS TO PAY ME. SHE WANTS ME TO GIVE HER WARRANTYS ON THE EQUIPMENT I PUT IN, THAT SHE NEVER PAID ME FOR. CAN I WARRANTY EQUIPMENT THAT WAS NOT PAID FOR? CAN I PLEASE THIS WOMAN? I DID TELL HER SHE WAS HIGH MAINTENANCE. SHE PROBABLY WANTS ME TO PAY FOR THAT REMARK.

@PissedConsumer22093

I just had my pool heater replaced by Scott Hamilton. It was done quickly, on budget and professionally.

#21991

THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY. I HAVE BEEN IN THE POOL BUSINESS FOR OVER 20.

I HAVE DONE 10000 JOBS. THEY WANTED SOMETHING FOR NOTHING. SORRY.

BE FAIR WITH ME I WILL BE FAIR WITH YOU. I AM STARTING LEGAL ACTION WITH THE MAIN WRITER

#19466

they screwed up at my house as well...

View more comments (4)
ID
Tucson, Arizona

About

Pool Depot Privacy Policy
To read more: http://www.pooldepot.com/index-6.html
Summary

Pool Depot is a pool building company. The company is headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Pool Depot specializes in the design, manufacturing and sale of swimming pool supply and spa supply. The company provides a diverse range of pools, spas, pool kits, pool toys, automatic controls, chlorine generators, cartridge filters, sand filters, pumps filters, pool furniture, heaters made by Hayward, Pentair, Raypak, Sta-Rite; pool lights, spa lights, pool covers, pumps, skimmers, pool cleaners, and a number of other pool accessories.

Besides, Pool Depot is considered to be one of the fastest growing companies in the market.

Pool Depot reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article