Lost package

KFed ex had lost a package and the folks at pontoon stuff couldnt be more helpful. This is not my first purchases for a total boat rebuild and every interaction has been amazing.

User's recommendation: Use pontoon stuff for all your pontoon needs.

El Mirage, Arizona

Back Ordered Items

I was sent an E-mail by Stephanie T. one of your costumer service specialists some seats that I ordered in July I have not received my seats and I was told they would ship-out on 8-19. I would like to know the status of my order and if they were shipped as promised.
Pine River, Minnesota

Quality issues

Ordered arm rest, bench seats and corner seats for front driver and passenger sides of pontoon boat approx 1 month ago. Order received within 4-5 days minus a base for one of the bench seats. Reported issue, provided photos and continue to receive follow-up questions rather than just address the issue. Nearly three weeks of this back and forth after issue reported and still have not received base. Clearly have quality control issues related to shipping, not to mention just immediately addressing a customer issue seems to indicate customer support problems.

User's recommendation: If you must use them, immediately check shipment upon arrival and take lots of photos as you unbox.

ID
#1992070 Review #1992070 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Birmingham, Alabama

Resolved: Unethical business practices

Compensates customers for favorable reviews on boat group forums and pages. Multiple spamming from multiple people on a daily basis. Also, "customers' are encouraged to trash competition.
Resolved
ID
Pros
  • Prices
Cons
  • Lack of conscience
marketing practices
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Unfair replacement parts

I ordered 10' bimini top with sunbrella, I called the 800 # and the staff reassured me the aluminum top was one piece construction after she went out to the shop to ask some one, the price was good to good to be true, when it arrived it had three separate aluminum parts ,two damaged bow parts, called office staff and they treated me like I was stupid , they insisted I take picks of the parts so they did not send me the wrong parts, the top only comes with three separate parts, so two weeks after I sent picks and several phone calls Becky returned my call with a bill for $70.00 and $10.00 shipping. I had to pay it I needed the bent parts replaced. the top is kind of flimsy compared to a one piece aluminum construction top. I kind of feel the whole situation is very un fair . Please help me Jim Myers - President - PontoonStuff, Inc.

Hello, I'm James Morgan, with Pontoonstuff and just came across this review. I would like to clear this up for you right away.

Could you please call or e-mail me with your order number. This is not at all how our company operates or treats its customers. I would also like to confirm what exactly you purchased from us. We have not offered a 8x10 Bimini with Sunbrella fabric since 2014.

Also can you please double check the customer service representative you spoke with? We do not have an employee by the name of Becky. Regardless if we did charge you any additional money I will be more then happy to give you a full refund for that amount and the amount for the Bimini top because this not how we treat our customers.

I can be reached at jmorgan@***.com or at 1-87*-***-****. I look forward to talking to you and getting this cleared up for you!

boat rite make good on your boat building or get out of the boat building all together. you should hang your head in shame as a bolt builder.

10' bimini top with sunbrella for $680 You should of known better!

View more comments (2)
Product
Pontoonstuff Bimini Top
Cons
  • Bad costomer service
Bad quality
Loss

Pontoonstuff.com

Ordered a seat from these guys. Came in just like they said it would. great product. Problem: I ordered the wrong color. I called them and they issued a return authorization and I then sent the seat back. They stated that the order would be credited to my credit card, and they would ship me a new seat. 12 days later, they continuously state that it will be a couple of days. Now I am out over $400 and still haven't credited my card. This company needs some MAJOR help in customer service, and their excuse....."We are busy" and haven't had time to credit your card. Ridiculous!!!

He did order the wrong color but you would want your money back too in a timely fashion. Not everyone can be out money for that amount of time .Maybe next time you should try another company like restorepontoon.com. They have better customer service

#1194358

YOU ordered the WRONG color! They send you what you ordered, and now your blaming them for your mistake.

They took it back and offered you a refund, slow, maybe, they are better off without you as a customer.

Next time measure twice, cut once, or get someone else to check your order. Be glad you didn't order vinyl or you'd be seaming it together.

@PissedConsumer1194358

Potential New customer. I’ll know better than to deal with you

Who ordered the wrong color again?? I would have to say they would be the ones at fault. Your lucky they a allowed a return

Jasper, Georgia
Poor customer service

CHEAPLY MADE 5 STEP PONTOON LADDER

WHEN THE THE UPS HANDED THE BOX FROM PONTOONSTUFF.COM I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG. FIRST THE BOX HAD ALL KINDS OF HOLES IN IT AND WEIGHED VERY LITTLE TO BE A 5 STEP PONTOON LADDER. I SOON FOUND OUT WHY. THE WALLS OF THE RAILS ARE ALMOST PAPER THIN. SO THIN THAT ONE OF THE PLASTIC END CAPS WAS PUSHED INTO THE END OF ONE OF THE RAILS AND ALL FOUR CORNERS OF THE RAIL SPLT FOR SEVERAL INCHES UP THE RAIL. THE STEP BRACKETS WERE SPOT WELDED ON THE RAILS BY VERY WEAK WELDS. NOT ALL COMPONETS WERE STAINLESS STEEL. THIS ITEM, OUT OF HUNDREDS I'VE ORDERED OFF OF THE COMPUTER, IS THE SORRIEST PIECE OF CRAPT I HAVE EVER SEEN. SUPPORT 350 POUNDS? NO WAY!! I REENFORCED ALL THE RAILS BY INSERTING STEEL RODS IN THE RAILS. I BEEFED UP THE STEP BRACKETS BY USING STAINLESS SCREWS. THE STEPS ARE DECENT BUT THEY ARE THE ONLY PART I DID NOT HAVE TO REENFORCE. I DID MUCH MORE TO THE LADDER BUT I THINK YOU GET THE PICTURE. IF I COULD, I WOULD GIVE PONTOONSTUFF AND THE LADDER A MINUS 4 STARS. YES, I AM PISSED!!!

Order from Crone Marine Supply. The inventor of the underdeck pontoon ladder.

501 362-****. Our ladders are made strong. Pontoon Stuff used to sell ours but decided to make all the money for themselves and started having their ladders made somewhere else. Our underdeck ladder is 1/8" thick everywhere.

6005T6 Aluminum. Good luck.

LOUD NOISES. Best company I've ever dealt with in the pontoon accessory realm.

Buy with confidence!

Did you bother to try to return the defective merchandise or are you just a ***?

We bought 4 pof these ladders for our marina. I don't know what this guy is talking about.

Paper think aluminum ?

We used them all season on our marina dockand haven't had the slightest problem. I think this pissed off consumer must be a PontoonStuff competitor or just CRAZY.

Mayfield, Kentucky

Stated next day shipping is bogus

When I placed items into the shopping cart it was stated in writing the items would ship out the next day. I received an order confirmation stating what I had purchsed for the prive that I had agreed to pay. I received a partial order in no time, however Pontoonstuff.com says they sent me emails indicating that the remainder of the items would not ship for 3 to 4 weeks because the items were on back order. If I had know this at the time I would have checked around and ourchased them from somewhere else. If the is a next time, I will call them and get them to email me what items are in stock so I do not have to wait for them.

I just bought over 2k of Pontoon Stuff... I called because I wanted to make sure what I wanted was what I was going to get.

I talked their customer support gal and she was polite and professional. I asked questions and she was honest in her opinion and guided me to the right gear I was looking for to put on my boat.

Two pieces were back ordered, and I knew that. I got my order in less time than quoted. I got what I ordered and am very pleased with the quality.

The back order parts came before their due date all so.

Sorry to hear that some people had issues with this company but I just ordered another 200 bucks of Pontoon Stuff. Sometimes you can not please all the people...

but if you put a little effort into it I am sure PontoonStuff.com would help you resolve any issues.

I love the stuff, just wish it was made in the U.S.A. But the quality and price was just right.

I did the same thing, but i called the day i ordered, to make sure they had all in stock, i was told that they did, so i placed my order, only recieved 11 of the 16 boxes so i called and threw a fit, got told they would all ship out the next friday, on friday i got an email saying they shipped them, on the following Tuesday i checked the tracking and it shown never to have left yet, so i called and was told my arm rest it would be another week, and my other 2 would ship tomorrow, so we will see, as i talk to them all they say is well were sorry, I have two more pontoons we are re doing and i will do my business else where, hopefully will not be lied to and given the run around.

@PissedConsumer518545

Having worked in a Retail business that supplied parts all over the world, You have NO idea what places like these have to go thru to keep inventory on hand. If you like their stuff, then stick with these guys.

I just placed a large order also. It gets here when it gets here.

Keep up the great work James Myers.. Love the website and the product lines..

Hi ca67c8 I apologize about our lack of communication, this has been a tough year trying to keep product in stock and I'm very sorry for the delay we caused you. My name is Jim Myers and I'm the owner, if you ever need anything else for your pontoon and would be willing to give us another shot we'll take care of you.You can shoot me an email any time at jmyers1165@***.com or ask for me in the office, I'm always around.We are working hard to make sure these types of mistakes will not happen for 2012.SincerelyJim MyersPresidentPontoonStuff, Inc.jmyers1165@***.com877-295-****

Artesia, New Mexico

PONTOONSTUFF.COM BEWARE OF SHIPPING CHARGES

Consumer beware of shipping charges when it appears they are FREE, Don't make the mistake I did (not read the fine print). When you enter the site http://www.pontoonstuff.com/ clearly in large print you can see FREE - SAME DAY SHIPPING IN ORANGE, next to that is NO SALES TAX in blue, (not sure how they get away with that?), then of course in small black print it says see details. Well if you read the details you would have to go almost to the bottom of the page to read that only a couple of things are FREE-Same day shipping. I purchased one item , lite as a us postage stamp, for $12.99 and was charged $9.99 for shipping. The worst part of this company is not that they charge for the shipping itself,because we all expect that, it is more the sneakiness's of it, While at checkout you never see the shipping charges on the order UNTIL the order is done and you have been charged. This is misleading in my opinion and they do not deserve our business, I will stay with OVERTON'S , thank you.

I order stuff from there all the time and it says free shipping for anything over $50, its very clear and its on the checkout.

Hi ca6b9a

Looks like that's two bad reviews from the same person :?

Well we just launched an updated version of www.pontoonstuff.com and I've made some changes with regards to shipping. We are going to ship everything but plywood, decking kits and pontoon trailers for free. I understand your frustration on the $9.99 charge, we have been shipping all small parts FedEx and it really does cost that much to ship a small part to a residence. I've decided that it's easier if we start shipping small items USPS (which is less money) and we can eat the cost of it and make it up on large orders. Most customers place several orders with us and it's not fair to the person who spend $900 with us to pay $9.99 for a gallon of glue he/she forgot to buy.

So we've taken care of that and if it's not to late, call me and I'll give you the shipping charges back just for the principle of it.

Jim Myers - President - PontoonStuff, Inc.

www.pontoonstuff.com

@PissedConsumer353592

Very good way to handle that Jim

It sounds like the item was small and would fit in your car. You could probably have driven there and picked it up to avoid the shipping charges.

I have made several purchases from Pontoonstuff in the last couple of years. In every instance they have been an excellent source of great parts at very fair prices.

As to their shipping policies, they always seemed very clear and very competitive.

het brody no problem but overton a little cheaper, think i ordered 3 things same day, and think the confusion is with compressionstore.com, that is the receipt i have with no shipping. now that is a good tip , best bandaids ever, i know, i just had 3 surgerys, no tax, no shipping, and like 100 bandaids (hospital ones) for $7.71, they are coverlet.

So my apologies, my bad, I still feel the ship could go us mail for $2.00.

Regarding the tax, I order from arbonneinternational.com out of CA they have been fined by the state of Ma for noy charging the tax and that is right on theur site, now no only do they have to charge tax of 6.25% but they have to charge it on retail suggested price not discounted price? would love to know about that.

Let me get this straight...one of the things you're complaining about is NOT paying sales tax?!?! Out of state transactions are not required to collect sales tax, I thought was common knowledge.

I checked out the site, looks pretty straight forward. I simply clicked the large banner at the top of the page that says: "Free Same Day Shipping, No Sales Tax, CLICK FOR DETAILS" and it explained it all. So they charge a flat rate for orders under $100. Nothing "hidden" about it.

Also explains the slaes tax on out of state purchases.

At any rate I owe you a thanks for telling me about this site, looks like they have good prices. Oh ya, don't forget to contact your home state and make sure you pay them that sales tax you owe!

you are right , i admit that . i rushed the order however the way the free-same day shipping is on the first page is misleading, because there are thousands of me and just dont know, and i believe they know that. sorry can't type , just had surgery on my hand

The shipping charges are shown right below the "add to cart" button. You are shown the charges again, before the order is processed on the "verify your order" screen. It sounds like you didn't verify your order.

View more comments (8)
Derry, New Hampshire

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article