In Response to Complaint

These places are permitted to operate because there's a need for them. If you take your child there, expect them to do tests. That's what they do. I took my child there for an X-ray. She got the X-ray, was told it was negative, and then they followed up to say there was no damage to her bones. They do what they're supposed to do. You can decline tests. If you're looking for good emergency care at 10:00 at night and want you and your child to be in bed by 11:30 and able to sleep with the peace of mind knowing that your child is ok, then go to PM Pediatrics. If you want to sit in an emergency room til 3 am (who, by the way, would do the same tests) or wait until you can get in to see your pediatrician, then by all means take that route. I'm going to PM Pediatrics when necessary and I'm grateful they're there.
ID
Huntington Station, New York
Service
Pm Pediatrics Medical Care
Reason of review
Good customer service

PM Pediatrics in N. Babylon, NY refused to write a note for child to return to school.

My granddaughter had a stomach virus for a few days. She vomited for a few days and then after two days when her stomach pain did not subside, her mom wanted to make sure there was no other problem so I took her to PM Pediatrics 1130 Deer Park Avenue in North Babylon, NY. They examined my granddaughter and immediately wanted to do a ridiculous amount of testing (x-rays, wanted to rule out strep and urinary tract infections when there were no symptoms of either). When I told them they were not going to do all those unnecessary tests, the doctor agreed the blood work would cover everything and that if an infection showed that we could then do other testing. The blood work was normal but the doctor refused to give a note saying she could return to school that she needed to see her regular primary care physician. Her dad is out of work and they currently have no medical coverage. If I now need to bring her to the pediatrician, what purpose did this urgent care facility serve? I incurred double the charges because the doctor refused to give us a note. Her school district requires a note if a student has been absent more than 3 days. I will never bring any child to this Urgent Care Facility. I do not believe they were interested in the child's best interest and were trying to bleed us for every penny by saying she needed all these tests when the blood work would have indicated if there were any infection in her body. A total waste of money to go here. The pediatrician had to re-do everything but at least they provided us with the note that was needed. Why are these facilities permitted to operate?

We are sorry to read your concerns regarding your recent visit. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you.

Please feel free to contact the Medical Director of North Babylon at 631-667-****. Thank you.

ID
North Babylon, New York
Service
Pm Pediatrics Medical Care
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article