Beware of Plus Size Bridal!

It's now 24 days before my wedding, and my baby sister (who is my Maid of Honor) has no dress, and it's all Plus Size (PS) Bridal's fault! She ordered her dress from them on the February 23, 2011 and paid an additional $45 rush fee to ensure that her dress would be back before my wedding on May 7, 2011. She received a confirmation via email for her order, and we thought all was well – until now. On Friday, April 8 she received the WRONG DRESS from PS Bridal. They told her they would check their system to track down whether the dress had gone to the wrong person but that they couldn't get back to her until Monday. After a few calls on Monday, the status was that they were still "working on it." Then on Tuesday, April 12 they told her (after she calls yet again, because they never called her) that no dress was sent out with her particular dress number and that the manufacturer must have made the wrong dress. Their solution – for her either to request her money back or order another dress from them but that nothing will probably get back in time! To add injury to insult, my sister called the dress manufacturer (The Dessy Group), and they informed her that if the mistake was indeed their own, that they would make the dress and get it to my sister by the wedding; however, they needed PS Bridal to confirm that they placed an order with them for the correct dress. My sister called PS Bridal on three-way in order to address both parties at once. The representative that answered the phone proceeded to give Dessy PS Bridal's account number and the order number, but then placed her manager on the phone. The manager promptly asked if the customer was on the line. When confirmed that my sister was, the manager replied that they could not give out their account information (which they already had) or discuss the issue with a customer present and that Dessy would have to CALL THEM directly, and then hung up! When my sister tried to call Dessy back, they told her she would have to talk with PS Bridal and they couldn't discuss it any further. No one from PS Bridal has tried to call my sister back and we'll have to continue this battle tomorrow, because they have closed. It's clear that if the mistake indeed happened with Dessy that they are willing to rectify the situation. So, why wouldn't PS Bridal be doing whatever necessary to show them that the mistake was on their end when that's what they told my sister must have happened? And why would Dessy need to call them? Shouldn't THEY be calling Dessy? Hmmm….because it looks the mistake was theirs! DO NOT order from this company if you expect to be able to receive the dress you paid for and have them rectify the situation if they don't deliver. Sure, we may get the money back, but my sister will still be without a dress when it's obvious they could have made it happen. Now, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find a dress in her size of a similar color that is in stock and praying we find the needle in the haystack! Ugh.
#532011

I ordered from Plus Size Bridal, paid the rush fee to get my dress in 5-6 weeks, and over six weeks later, it hasn't come. I emailed the company, only to be told "5-6 weeks is just an estimate" (not stated anywhere on their website" and "that's an estimate of how long it takes the manufacturer to ship it to us, not to get it to you" (also, not stated anywhere on their website).

They also told me it hadn't been 6 weeks from the date I ordered yet (not true!). At this point, my wedding is 11 days away, the dress hasn't even left the manufacturer, so I figure there is no way I'm getting it before my wedding, let alone in time to have alterations done.

In my opinion, if they can't deliver the dress within the promised time frame (5-6 weeks) they are responsible for refunding my money and canceling the order if I request that. But they've stopped responding to my emails.

I have encountered similar problems. I ordered a dress and paid for rush cut.

It didn't come as a rush, and when it finally arrived it was in the wrong color. They assured me they could get it for me in the right color in plenty of time for the wedding. NOT!! It is now three days before the wedding and the dress has not arrived and I have nothing to wear.

They have not offered a refund, stating it will come. They also never return calls or emails.

I have had to keep after these people. Don't buy from this store.

I wish I had seen this before I ordered. I am four days away from leaving for a wedding and still do not have my bridesmaid dress ordered in January.

Its April, and.was supposed to.have shipped in March.

I have no idea if it is even coming or not because they are not responding to my calls or emails. I saved about $35 on the dress, if it ever shows up.

I guess am also in the same situation now. They have even taken down their website and stopped responding to my emails.

Please can you provide me with their telephone number. My wedding is getting closer and the dress is still not shipped

View more comments (3)
ID
Tallahassee, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article