Major Ripoff

We contacted Centreville Plumbing Pros to come out and diagnose a problem we had. We chose to go with them because they were a local small business and supposed to be veteran owned. We always prefer to support local small businesses but in this case, they raked us over the coals. They quoted us a $175 service fee. The plumber came out and changed our shower cartridges, we were told it would cost us an additional $8.99 to do so. We were charged a final price of $185.50. We found out that we need to replace our water heater. They quoted us $2699 to replace the water heater and $200 off, if we booked same day, for a total of $2499. We sent in pictures of the water heater, setup, model number, etc. so there shouldn't have been any confusion. We called around and found that they were the best option for us and went ahead and booked. The next day, their plumber gets here, and while he is here, we receive a call from the company saying they made a mistake and that it would cost us an ADDITIONAL $1000 to replace the water heater. At this point, our water had already been shut off and we were furious. It didn't make sense that they wouldn't contact us earlier if they realized they made a mistake. That is a very costly mistake... we all know money doesn't grow on trees. We reluctantly agree for a total of $3499... the final amount we were supposed to be charged for the whole job after the extra $1000! The final cost is $4715.94! Initial Service fee of $175: $185.50 Original $2499 Installation Fee: $2,648.94 Their mistake and additional charge of $1000: $1,114.06 ADDITIONAL charge that we did NOT authorize OR receive an invoice for: $767.44 TOTAL CHARGES for a $2499 job: $4530.44 This is the shadiest, most unprofessional business transaction we have ever encountered. We called them to try and straighten this out and they said that the additional charge, after charging us an extra grand, is for the cartridge replacement that they originally told us would be rolled into the $175 charge. Those cartridges come FREE from the manufacturer because they have a lifetime warranty. I removed the cartridge myself and would have been able to replace it, no problem. It is not something that costs $800 to accomplish. Yes, our new water heater works. Yes we now have hot water. But at what cost? I want my money back and I want to be charged for what they said was going to be the fee for the job! This isn't good business and we are extremely unhappy with how this whole thing has been handled. If you choose to go with these guys MAKE CERTAIN you receive a price guarantee on paper before moving forward so this doesn't happen to you. I am disappointed at the lack of professionalism and will let everyone I know, to try another plumber or go to Home Depot/Lowe's first. I will update this review with any contact or action from the company.

User's recommendation: Make certain you receive a price guarantee, on paper, before moving forward.

ID
Fairfax, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article