Playa Grande scam

They sold me a time share for 17 years with 9 weeks to use at different places in the world with a stipulation that they will rent out the weeks I don't use and send me checks. After weeks of requesting information how to set up and release those weeks, they said they don't actually rent out the weeks on behalf of anyone. They also said the sales rep that sold us the deal doesn't work there anymore.
ID
Dallas, Texas
Pros
  • Great facilities
  • Great location
Cons
  • Dishonest practices
  • Unable to get a manager to call back
  • Lying sales reps
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Playa Grande Timeshare Rip-off!

Was sold a timeshare with the following understanding: - 34 years - one week available per year for the life of the timeshare - can trade in my weeks for anywhere in the world - all of the above included for a one-time cost of $5500. What I was really sold: - 15 weeks (a far cry from 34) spread out over the course of 30 years. - maintenance fees that have risen $100 in 4 years!!!! - transfer fees of $200/week - added cost of an RCI membership @$89/year (for a timeshare that I don't get to use every year). How do I get out of this? Planning vacations has been a nightmare ever since.

Isn't there a contract you have to READ and SIGN for this? There is a reason people don't typically recommend a timeshare.

@PissedConsumer765610

The contract that I read at the point of sale included language which was more centric to my financial commitment to pay the $5500 in full rather than the terms and conditions of ownership, all sent at a later time. Even those terms and conditions use very vague language.

Much of the second half of my complaint was uncovered after numerous calls between RCI customer service and limited replies from Playa Grande.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur
Loss
$20000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article