Not Responding to an order

On 4/12/2014 I placed an order with this company. As of today 4/22/2014 they have not filled the order. Their web site shows "awaiting processing". They charged my credit card. I first contacted them last Friday. I sent them an email yesterday with no response. I called today 4/22 and got a recording that said I would be contacted in one business day. My concern is their web site shows no activity posted on my order since I placed the order and their responses to my inquires is less than desired. Those who want to provide their services on-line need to be responsive to customer questions.
ID
Lincoln, Nebraska

Plateframesonline.com is dishonest-BEWARE!

Update by user Apr 28, 2012

April 27, 2012 UPDATE

After reading that below that they may have changed their business operation, I called and spoke to a nice lady.

She took my information and by that afternoon I had a full refund and an apology from the owner. He stated that they had some substantial difficulties over the last six months or so and have hired staff to resolve them. It appears that they have done so.

I am glad that they stepped up to the plate and we have been able to finally resolve the problem.

Original review posted by user Feb 13, 2012
I ordered a set of custom license plate frames from plateframesonline.com. The arrived in a couple of weeks, They were illegal in my state so I emailed the company and they said to return them and they would send replacements. I did. After 4 weeks I hadn't received them so I checked the Priority Mail tracking number and it showed that they hadn't been delivered. I called the destination post office and the postmaster said that they hadn't pickled up their mail in over a month. After I opened a case with the postal service, the "owner" called me and said that he would ship out the replacements right away. That was a few months ago and I never received them. I tried emailing them but no response. They have no customer service number. I tried disputing the PayPal charge. I sent a request for them to refund. All were ignored. plateframesonline.com took my money and did not deliver the goods. Dishonest company. BEWARE!

Received my custom plates from plateframesonline.com, which were not to my satisfaction because the print was of very bad quality and it was not centered on the plate itself. They advertise that they "stand behind their products" and "if you are not satisfies..., simple contact customer service", but after three emails to their customer service, they never responded.

After speaking with them directly, they said it was not their problem and hung up. Please stay away and save your money.

PlateFramesOnline.com products are *** and their customer service is terrible. Spend your money somewhere else.

I have to say that customer service is definitely not their strong point. I ordered custom plates and by MY mistake misspelled a simple word.

I noticed this in the email they sent saying my product was shipped and asked what I could do. The "nice lady's" response was to refer to their website which clearly states they are not responsible. I understand this but thought I might be offered a discount since I paid over $30 for the plate. Negative.

So when it arrived I was disappointed in the fact that the plate wasn't engraved, just a vinyl sticker of the wording I wanted. I then sent a email back to the "nice lady" asking if I could order just the sticker and put it on my self which I was willing to pay for. Another negative but this time I could use a coupon and get 10% off. Really???

I get the fact I screwed up the spelling but wouldn't one think that since they pride themselves on customer service that proof reading and sending a email noticing a simple misspelling would not be that difficult when one is paying so much for a custom plate?

And not to mention it was for a special achievement of my husband making Chief in the Navy. WOW, oh well live and learn I suppose.

@PissedConsumer703151

Most places that sell custom printed items don't let you return it. That's because they can't resell them.

That's standard practice just about everywhere.

If their return policy says you can't return items for wrong spellings, that's how it is. You usually agree to the terms when you place the order.

Nothing but good experiences with them. They've gone 180 since the old days of order delays, and have responded to me within hours each time I emailed.

Orders get to me within a few days of ordering. Calling? They actually answer the phone now. Products look great, shipping is great, no complaints whatsoever.

I had issues last year like other reviewers here are posting, but they stepped it up about 8 months ago and are actually a pleasure to deal with now. I've ordered about 6 times over the last year.

Well, if they have stepped up their game, perhaps they would like to send me the money they stole from me.

After reading these reviews I was aprehensive, so I called the number listed on their site. Nice woman answered the phone, got the help I needed, placed my order and got it a week later.

No complaints. They must have heard the feedback about customer service and stepped up their game.

After contacting paypal and the owner, we just received our sample. Too Late.

It really is a nice product.Looks great. They probably need to evaluate customer service.

*** ALL OF YOU!!!!

This business charged me immediately but didn't ship our custom chrome plate frame for two weeks. When it arrived it looked good, but we realized the letters were falling off after three weeks!

Two emails to the company have gone unanswered and their phone is disconnected. Paypal won't help me. I won't use either of these businesses again.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS! I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, we'll see what happens with that!

View more comments (14)
ID
Portland, Oregon

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article