Very questionable setup and construction practices

JJW, Florida - Regarding Plant City Discount Factory Outlet of Plant City, Florida - I am a 60 year old single woman wanting to get an affordable mobile home within my budget. I got a new double-wide home, not top of the line but very nice. My compliant is about the setup people. If it had not been for my neighbor my home would have been turned with my front door facing my neighbor's garbage cans instead of the street. He did not have a measuring tape or markers. He used tension bars from my fence and took them with him. They used concrete blocks from my old home to set up my new home. Dirt/sand was brought in as a foundation, the skirting and the front steps was placed on the loose dirt/sand lying around so as rain washed that away gaps have appeared under the skirting, some as much as 1 1/2 inches. It is wavy. My steps had to be place on bricks so I could step into my front door. The air conditioner was placed on a large mass of tree roots. When the air vents were connected they only did half of the house. When they came to repair that, the siding was not replaced properly. After less than a year one piece of siding has come loose. As a result of all of that I will have to spend my pre-retirement and retirement years wondering if the air conditioner will vibrate off the tree roots, if my walls will mold and rot due to water leaking in or if my house will slide off the foundations because the dirt/sand washed away. They couldn't even give me the correct color carpet.
ID
Tampa, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article