Planet Lazer Reviews

Show reviews that mention
kids staff place party birthday westminster group friends response computer
Filter review

Planet Lazer - Review in Entertainment category

Do NOT have your child's birthday here. Very poorly ran business, unethical staff, and filthy premise. They ripped me off - took my deposit which was overcharged $205, then charged me again for full price $380 - for 11 kids PLUS The staff there added an extra game to my package increasing the cost we NEVER booked it and we didn't play the extra game. the manager. IAN referred me to their website to ask for a refund and it's been days with no response. I had to run down the stairs several times asking for essential items that were included in our package and their staff forgot. Bathrooms were clogged and party room lights were half working. Premise was filthy. I'm very disappointed and will never be back.

No patience or listening

Planet lazer seemed like a good place to have a little fun eith friends. The first two games were extremely fun and enjoyable. Then the third game happened. The kids there were very rude, using racist names against us, swearing and there wqs quite a bit of tripping and elbowing. Heres the thing- when we came out, the kids all blamed it on us saying that we pushed them around when we only tried to get away from them in self defense. The owner Josh did not want to hear our side of the story and he couldnt care less. In the end, they blamed us saying that we should have been more responsible because we were older. He told us that without even wanting to hear our side of the story. He kicked us out right after that, even apologizing to the kids parents for it.
New Westminster, British Columbia

Planet Lazer in New Westminster, BC

This place is horrible. Our kids went for a birthday party and the wait time was so long, not due to the number of other poor people who were sucked into playing, it was because of the disorganization, and zero service. The only thing staff know how to do at this place is take your money. They are rude, and run off their feet because they don't know what they're doing. It is also so noisy, and super dirty, it's shower time right after for the kids who play at this overpriced, badly managed outfit. Save your money, don't go to Planet Lazer New Westminster.

Planet Lazer in New Westminster, BC

What a joke this place is - Noisy, dirty, and completely mismanaged with with young untrained staff who can't seem to run a computer. When our kids are invited to Planet Lazer for a birthday party, our experiences (thankfully they have ended) are told to the arranging parents that their credit cards will be dinged with a booking and that does not guarantee there will be enough room for the group to play. Not once, but twice the wait process was over the top, and totally not worth it! DON'T GO to Planet Lazer - you'll leave frustrated and completely UNSATISFIED for the money spent. Gross place.

Planet Lazer New Westminster, BC

You can't imagine how disappointed four 14 year old boys were when they were brought to Planet Lazer, fully expecting to enjoy a friend's birthday, when they WERE NOT ABLE TO PLAY. And why were they not able to play? We echo the zero organization in this place. We called to confirm that there were no large parties involved on the day we wanted our son to enjoy lazer tag with his friends. We were told "sure, come on in". We couldn't confirm anything as the party of four was too small. Sure enough, when we arrived with kids in tow, there was an exclusive party booked who had booked weeks before. We were NOT TOLD of this large party, even though the phone calls were made. Can you say disappointed???? Disappointed times ten. Is there something wrong with checking your records to compare notes on the day we want to come in and the day that says on your lovely computer system that a large party is playing instead???? Exclusive huh? Oh, and even though we were willing to mix in with this party, THAT isn't even possible because the Planet Lazer staff has been instructed NOT to deal with any of those issues? Really? So, Planet Lazer, how do you suggest we deal with a disappointed and upset group of kids? I'd like to see you try and smooth that over. After requesting to speak to the managerial type of individual at this place, you're faced with blank stares, and an "I'm not allowed to divulge the name of the person in charge" response from under-trained staff. Good experience? Hardly.

The only thing staff know how to do at this place is take your money. It is also so noisy, and super dirty, it's shower time right after for the kids who play at this overpriced, badly managed outfit.

Save your money, don't go to Planet Lazer New Westminster!

LOL

Why would anyone even waste their time responding to the complaint posted (Sarah). What you have here is two lonely people with nothing to say.

Who cares if Planet Lazer was too busy to fit you in- deal with it, what a sour bitter woman. And who cares about needing to school a miserable person. You can't speak logic to idiots. Give it a rest and find something else to do like make a reservation next time.

I googled planet lazer new westminster and I have to read this! It confirmed my desire to book our party there, I know we wont run into retarded parents cause those are the ones who don't make reservations and are too busy blogging - what a joke.

Mary Anna

Sounds like you got caught with your pants down. Who would think that any business would turn customers away in the hopes that you would show up?

"Really" is right. It gets my goat when I read customers thinking the world revolves around them. Sounds like the place you wanted to visit gets busy - obviously or why would you want to go there. Now you attack them because there was no space?

I run a business and schedules and facts change all the time. Unless you have an agreement with a business then one shouldn't assume anything. Poor company, was running a business and you felt like they should have been on the ready just for you.

Poor kids, who's parent was less organized than the business she is slamming. Sounds like a fun place, think I will bring my kids there and guess what....if there's no space because they are too busy, I think we can deal with it and wait, or come back when they can fit us in.

View more comments (2)
Vancouver, British Columbia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article