Plain Commerce Bank Credit Card

Ripped Off!!! I had a credit card eight years ago I did not pay for $500.00. Plains Commerce Bank sent me a credit card saying this old credit card would be voided and I would start fresh with my credit. My first bill showed a balance of 1800.00 when I called about it they said the old company added up all my interest charges and that is what I owed. It has been three years paying and I still owe 1700.00 the interest rate on this card is 29%. I just call this card company and asked if I could speak to someone about the interest rate and was told no it is a fixed rate and there is nothing you can do. So when I asked if someone could help me with this she said no. So I am stuck because I have cleared up my credit except for this one account and I can not get any help for a credit card that started out to be 500.00
#931957

This bank will sue you! In 2005_**** I was given a credit card with a $300 limit & a very big interest.

I fell on hard times and didn't make monthly minimum payments. Here it is 2015 and they attempted to serve me with lawsuit papers unless I paid $796.00 (which I did).

Consumers be aware that this is not a good way to establish good credit, their interest fees are too high and its not worth the risk of being sued in the future if you don't pay them. I will never do business with this company again!

I have an entry on my credit report for a Plains Commerce Bank credit card that was ch arged off. I can't contact them because I don't have the account number.

The account number that appears on the credit report is apparently for a collection agency. I need to get thru to them so I can give the information to a debt program. I am paying the debt program $118/mo. They have a lawyer assigned to me who gets a part of the money.

Why can't they find out this information. :? I am thoroughly disgusted. Help!

Anybody! Thanks.

For those trying to repair credit this is great. I had gotten my credit into terrible trouble about 11 years ago.

Plains commerce was willing to issue me a card. Yes, charged me many fees up front and it is a high interest rate, but they were taking a gamble on me AND I knew what the fees were and the interest rate was before I ever agreed to the card. I see it as even though it cost me in the beginning I was able to use this card as a stepping stone to rebuilding my credit. If you pay on time they give credit limit increases quite frequently.

For those that want to complain about being billed for previous balances that you had never paid, WHAT are you complaining about, YOU are the one that still has outstanding balances, don't blame it on the credit card company for holding you accountable - Everything in life is not going to be just given to you. And if you don't like the interest rate - don't get the card. It's not like they changed it on you, that information is provided to you in the beginning. If you are complaining about these practices you are better off not having a credit card.

Credit cards are a service – not a right. They are paying for your purchases and allowing you to pay them back over time – If you don’t know how to manage money, they see you as a risk and are going to charge a higher interest rate because they are taking a gamble that you might not pay them back. And from the sounds of it, this is something that you are doing.

My suggestion is learn to be responsible with your money, realize that if you currently have bad credit it is going to cost you to rebuild the credit, but if you stick with it will pay off over time and you will be able to get cards with better interest rates – and quit blaming others for past balances that you owe (You do realize that not paying balances back is the same as stealing, you received something at some point in time to create this balance, yet you never paid for it). I highly recommend this card, their customer service is great, and if you are good to them, they are good to you in return.

Rip OFF IS NOT THE WORD - for this company - FTC -Federal Trade Commission should fully investigate this scammish company. My situation is similar with the previous complaintant.

Interest rate is sky high- LISTEN ANY OTHER COMSUMERS - You are better off not paying the previous debtor and wait the 7 yrs for the trade line to come off your credit file , than to accept any re-establish credit offer that these scam artists can offer.

They should not even call themselves a business. TOTAL RIP OFF!!

View more comments (3)
ID
Providence, Rhode Island
Loss

About

Plains Commerce Bank Terms of Service
To read more: https://www.plainscommerce.com/terms-and-conditions
Plains Commerce Bank Privacy Policy
This privacy policy applies to the website operated by Plains Commerce Bank, referred to as "Plains Commerce Bank" herein. Except as described below, Plains Commerce Bank does not collect or require visitors to the website to furnish personally identifying information such as names, email addresses, and phone numbers. Like most website operators, Plains Commerce Bank does collect non-personally identifying information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, operating system, language preference, referring site and date and time of each visitor request. Plains Commerce Bank also collects potentially-personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are non-personally identifying in and of themselves, but could be used in conjunction with other information to personally identify users.
To read more: https://www.plainscommerce.com/privacy-and-security
Plains Commerce Bank FAQ
Company's Most Frequently Asked Questions. The User's monthly house payment could be the same as or less than the rent User is paying. Eventually, The Client will own the house and no longer have to make payments. Buying a home may help The Client avoid the ups and downs of the rental market. The User of Website could enjoy income tax benefits (consult The Customer's tax advisor for eligibility). Interest rates can often fluctuate without advance notice, depending on the market. Locking in a rate protects The Client of Plains Commerce Bank from the time that The Customer's lock is confirmed to the day that The User's lock period expires. A lock is an agreement by the borrower and the lender and specifies the number of days for which a loan's interest rate and points are guaranteed. Should interest rates rise during that period, The Client's lender is obligated to honor the committed rate. Should interest rates fall during that period, the borrower must honor the lock.
To read more: https://www.plainscommerce.com/mortgage/mortgage-faqs
Summary

Plains Commerce Bank has been on the market for over 80 years. Its roots go back to 1931, when the doors of Bank of Hoven were opened in Hoven, SD. Throughout the years, Bank of Hoven served many counties in the surrounding area. Then in 1987, the bank expanded its operations to include a Credit Card division, which at that time offered secured and unsecured VISA and MasterCard credit cards. Bank of Hoven was rated as one of the top 5 banks in South Dakota in 2000. In January 2001, the Bank of Hoven purchased and merged operations with The Peoples Bank, with offices in Aberdeen and Conde, South Dakota. The Peoples Bank was founded in 1926 in Conde and expanded to Aberdeen in 1984. With the merger came the need for a new name. Thus the name Plains Commerce Bank appeared.

Plains Commerce Bank reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article