No Customer Service or Accountability

DO NOT TAKE YOUR BOAT TO THIS PLACE! I just had an incredibly bad experience with this place and will never return or recommend them to anyone. I had to hang up on Dave (the head mechanic) after he went on a tirade yelling at me over the phone for several minutes. They know nothing about customer service at PITMAN YACHT! I took my inboard Searay Sundancer to Pitman and they pulled the engine and replaced the oil pan. I then used the boat the first time and noticed oil and now excessive seawater in sump area. I thought that perhaps they didn't get all of the oil out and clean it properly so I added an oil sock and cleaned it out myself. I took it out a second time and noticed the same. I then went back to Pitman and talked to Dave who said he would send a mechanic out to look at my boat. They sent one out the next week and I called them back. Then Dave told me that after pulling the engine all they did was replace my oil pan and they didn't inspect or do anything else. That is mechanics 101 that you inspect and tell the customer what else is causing your oil leak not to just replace an oil pan because that "may" be the leak. Now I have an oil leak and a water leak to boot!
ID
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article