Pinnacle Management Services--Chapel Ridge Apartments

This review is for Chapel Ridge Apartments of Marion, IA and Pinnacle Managements Services, who managed the property at the time I lived there. The staff in the office at Chapel Ridge Apartments were AWFUL. They mis-reported my income on a certification form that was to qualify us for a discount on our rent on our 2nd year living there. When provided the documentation that proved our income was much lower than what they had reported on the document, they refused to fix the error (this is a government program, by the way) resulting in us being charged nearly $50-100 per month extra on our rent. I tried several times to fix this problem with them, each time they tried to tell me that they would fix it on the NEXT recertification. They refused to correct the mistake that was costing us $50-100 per month we lived there. They told us the cable was free--it was even in our lease that way. But they then decided to charge everyone an extra $30 per month for the cable after about 2 months, even though the lease stated cable was free. They justified it by saying that they had just raised everyone's rent by $30 (with no notice). They were dishonest about our move out charges (which I found out later they inflate move out charges on the majority of tenants). They claimed there was over $1000 worth of damage to the apartment. Thank God I tood very clear, detailed photos of everything in the apartment as we were walking out the door, because they even tried to claim I left garbage in the fridge, when the fridge was clearly spotless!! In short, do not rent at Chapel Ridge Apartments or from Pinnacle Property Management Services. You will be swindled, scammed, and they will wring every cent out of you they can, and leave you in debt and angry. I am still trying to fight the $1000 move out charge a year and a half later even though I have proof that I left the apartment in excellent condition. Pinnacle refuses to even see the photos or respond to my requests to speak to them about the matter. I highly recommend to stay away from these sharks!!! They are very fly-by-night in their practices.
#1119840

Apartments couple's like chapel ridge and eagle nest are run by dishonest people.

#519866

I live in chapel ridge apartments on alcoa road in Benton Arkansas.We put in a work order to fix our toilet in master bath maintenance came to fix it and after that it stayed running all the time unless you lifted the handle.The track on one of our drawers also broke we then put in another work order to fix both of them it took them three weeks and countless phone calls to finally come fix it.About a week after that our a/c went out it took them four hours after we called for them to get down to fix it.He said that the fan burnt out on it and he put a new one on.A week after that the fan locked up again we called at eight o'clock in the morning and told them she said as soon as he got there he would come fix it.He never showed.I have a four year old daughter and I am seven months pregnant it got up to 90 degrees in our apartment.Finally went down to the office at two thirty and there he was standing in the office we told him we really needed it fixed it was to hot to be without air he said he would be down to fix it at three.This *** is not right.I think people at these apartments pay plenty of money and should not have to wait until they get good and ready to come and fix the things that go wrong in the apartments especially something like the a/c in 100 plus weather I am very upset about this!

View more comments (1)
ID
North Liberty, Iowa

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article