Poor Service

Pingo's services have progressively deteriorated, and this is from someone that has used their services since 2004. Calls fails to connect more often than not though other services would, and when it does, a strange number reflects at the other end (unlike 10 years ago), meaning that your counter-party is unable to call back by simply dialing the displayed number, this I understand helps them pay the telcos in the other countries cheap call termination fees. Most importantly, the quality of the calls are so poor I will not be recharging when my credit gets exhausted, which can't come quick enough. Shame that I will have to look elsewhere, but the quality in the last 7 years leaves me with no option
Service
Pingo Phone Service
Bad quality

PINGO must be investigated, something illegal going on here....

Half of the time to all my friends and relatives complains that hisssssssh noise on my call. I changed 4 different phones, 3 different access lines, called many times, they dont answer. When they answer the guys behind phone have heavy accent, sounds like spanish or indian, dont speak proper english. No customer service knowledge at all. This company shut not perform business in USA. They should be investigated by FCC or authorities. I am discontinuing my service with them after 10 years. {{Redacted}}

ATTENTION READERS

Pingo is a trusted service for over 10 years.

These comments do not reflect the experience we try to provide Pingo customers since 2004.

Our records show that the customer reported an issue with a call on 1/23/18

Following proper procedure we promptly opened a call quality support ticket and researched all of the calls in question. After careful investigation we were not able to replicate the issue she had reported.

The customer reported a similar issue on 2/15/18. Although we were still unable to replicate the issue we quickly credited her account for the disconnected calls reported.

We have attempted to follow up to be clear with the customer that the issues being reported were not as a result of our network and assured her that we had thoroughly investigated her complaint. Pingo, an iBasis KPN Company, provides dedicated US multi-lingual customer service 7 days/week. Rest assured that our network offers superior quality, reliability, and the most competitive rates in the market.

We hope that if you ever have a concern, that you’ll reach out to our dedicated customer service team to address any concerns you may have. - Pingo Customer Service -

*Should not.

View more comments (1)
ID
#1190279 Review #1190279 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Pingo Phone Service
Poor customer service

Unreliable

Never could get hooked up to the service. Kept trying to sign into account after all my information was put in and kept telling me it was "invalid". Talked to a representatives and eventually a 'supervisor" and they sent it off to the billing dept. Two weeks later, nothing. Called again, and they were still contemplating the situation. Done waiting. No problem getting their JUNK MAIL, however! Kept asking how they could get my business back....never had it to begin with! Useless organization.

ATTENTION READERS

Pingo is a trusted service for over 10 years.

- Pingo Customer Service -

We work hard to maintain a 95% customer retention rate since launching Pingo over 10 years ago in 2004. We are sorry that we were not able to help this customer to experience all the phone features & level of service to help them stay connected to the world with Pingo.

It sounds like this customer tried to create a new account after having a hard time to log into there current account.

This would trigger new customer emails that you can always opt out of receiving.

View more comments (1)
Weston, West Virginia
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
None....cant even get into the web page!

Great customer service

I have been a PINGO customer for over 10 years. I live in the US and my family lives in Germany, so there is a lot of international calling going on. I am set up with auto-recharge, which is very convenient. The service has always been very reliably, the call quality good and the pricing competitive, especially calling landlines in Germany. Calling cell phones is more expensive but that's the same for all providers. I recently experienced a glitch where all of a sudden my parents number was "invalid" and my grandmother number kept saying it was "busy" (even though there wasn't a busy signal). I emailed Pingo and within 30 minutes had a response and they were working on fixing the problem (it was a technical glitch). They kept me updated throughout the process and the problem was quickly resolved. I wish all tech/internet/phone companies had such good service!

We work hard to maintain a 95% customer retention rate since launching Pingo over 10 years ago in 2004. Pingo is proud to guarantee it's call quality 100% and will do whatever we can to help our customers stay connected to the world with Pingo.

Santa Cruz, California
Good customer service

They steal your money!

Horrible customer service! They charge you first and keep you waiting for unknown amount of time to credit it to your account. When you call the customer service number you are instructed to dial 1, 2 or go to their website! by the way 1, or 2 do not deal with your questions concerning transactions/payment, etc. So all you can do is sit there and wait for them to credit the charged money into your account somehow someday if they wish!! This is stealing. I will sue them if they don't get back to me in the next 2 days. STAY AWAY!!!

We do provide customer service 365 days a year from 10am to midnight on EST at 1-88*-***-**** Just press one for English or 2 for Spanish and then 3 to speak with a live agent or email us to better assist you with your issue to give us a fair chance to resolve it in a timely manner. We also have a helpful FAQ guide and additional instructions in the online membership section.

Loss

Pingo Phone cards does not work and it won't refund my money

Today is the second day that I tried to use my Pingo phone card ( http://www.pingo.com/) account and couldn't. I contacted customer service twice. They filled reports but nothing happened. I still cannot get my calls completed. I called the company to close my account and ask for a refund. The refund they denied. They said if I wanted to close the account I should better use the rest of the money. But how, if the service has became so erratic that I cannot complete my calls anymore?! Bad, bad service and customer service. I don't recommend!!!

As we tried to reply on this thread before to help address your concern. We just wanted to follow up to explain to readers that the phone service to call abroad is backed with 100% money back and call quality guarantee.

Just got an email from Pingo CS trying to resolve the problem. I explained all the issues for the 3rd time.

Lets see if the problem gets fixed. No matter what the result is, I'll post it here for future reference.

We can't look up your account to resolve this. So please email pingoverification /-at-/ p i n g o .com

We hope to resolve this.

View more comments (2)
ID
#190856 Review #190856 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York

Pingo

Purchased a $20 phone card from Pingo for international calls, specifically Trinidad. It never works yet it charges for connection time so each time I try my call I am charged for nothing. I called the company several times and they kept putting me on hold or telling me they will fix the problem in 2 hours or 7 days or giving me false numbers to connect. They automatically charged my credit card another $20 without my permission. They made it difficult to correct this problem. I notified them and finally they agreed to not charge automatically in future.I was able to use the card for USA and Canada but not for the purpose it was intended.The point is they are ripping off thousands of people and they should be stopped.

We maintain a 95% customer loyalty. We earn this by ensuring quality & trust in the service.

The auto re-charge is a feature that the customer has to opt in to set to be sure that you don't run out of funds.

The service is legit and we have customer service agents available from 10am to 12am, 7 days a week to resolve any concerns

- Customer Service

Lake Worth, Florida

Brands Related to Pingo

KPN

Ortel Mobile

XS4ALL

iBasis

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article