Verified Reviewer

Poor Customer Service

Update by user Jan 09, 2021

The local Pinch-A-Penny agreed to do pool service at no charge until the labor portion of the repair bill was paid back. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

I was still billed in January for pool service. The material portion was not credited even though the part was replaced exactly one year earlier.

Update by user Dec 05, 2020

The heater is working for now. Time will tell.

Original review updated by user Dec 05, 2020
In February 2017 I purchased a Pentair Mater Temp 250,000 BTU heater from Pinch-A-Penney at 11161 East SR 70 in Lakewood Ranch, FL. It seemed to work well until March 2019. After five service calls under warranty we thought the problem was fixed. We returned from Wisconsin in November 2020 (left early in spring due to Covid) and realized the problem was still there. However, now the heater is out of warranty. Pinch-A-Penney charged me $312.00 for the repair which included a part that was replaced on a previous service call exactly one year earlier. Adding insult to injury they refused next day service as they said there are other people with service calls ahead of me. My grandchildren were in town for only a few days for the Thanksgiving holiday. They spend all day in the pool, however, no heater-no pool. I called for service on Nov. 28th. They didnt get here until Dec. 2nd. I would not recommend making any major pool purchases at Pinch-A-Penny, as they cannot properly service the product. When I really needed them to come through for me they failed. They showed up after our children and grandchildren went back to Wisconsin. I would also not recommend any Pentair product, as they also would not do anything to replace an obvious lemon pool heater. Buy any other product than Pentair.

User's recommendation: Purchase Pool Equipment Elsewhere.

ID
#2322076 Review #2322076 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bradenton, Florida
Service
Pentair Customer Care
Cons
  • Not enough service people
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Bad experience and poor service

Because I spent $700.00 dollars, new equipment motor. Initially I started having issue with pump after installation, I called several times, and Marvin, the owner said maybe theres a block somewhere in the lines. He called a different pinch a penny to have them check it. Turns out it was my fault, I inadvertently displaced the canister in wrong and water was not strong enough to prime the pump. The technician showed me what I did wrong. So due to nature of issue, he said nothing charged. However, I gave him nominal cash tip anyways as he was very courteous. 21 Sept, I have had more issues with pump, I exhausted all I knew to do. So roughly 10:42, 21 Sep2020, I called for Marvin to provide service to equipment. I was told its early hes not present, but they will convey the message to him. He declined to call all that day, so on 22 Sep, 2020, I waited till 5:00 to walk into shop to see if he's present, he was there, there's no customer present in store, it him and an assistant just chatting. The conversation after this revelation doesn't need posting, but the lack of professionalism, poor treatment and just being ignored irked me to no end. He then told me how busy he was, totally forgetting how while I was purchasing the equipment how he promised to be available anytime. I stupidly was under impression, this new equipment has a warranty for at least a year, and you decline to simply return a call. Maybe I should point out, I am Black, but hope it has no bearing on such treatment. Now I am paying another company to provide service to get my equipment running and operational. Worse treatment, ever. If you wish me not to contact you, let me know. Dont ignore my call for assistance from your store as youre done.

User's recommendation: Be careful of empty promises of support that you eventually end up pulling teeth from a chicken to receive. Get something in writing.

ID
#2190600 Review #2190600 is a subjective opinion of poster.
University, Florida
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Bad customer service, owner tries to talk down to you

Owner has bad customer service and very disrespectful I"ve spending my money there for 10 yrs And he actually said he dont give a *** Now i wont and will encourage other customers not to.
Kissimmee, Florida
Service
Pinch A Penny Pool Patio Spa Owner
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article