Pillar Communities Corp the Heartless Property Management Company

Update by user Nov 13, 2016

This issue has not been resolved.

Pillar's Attorney told me that he did not recognize what the Arizona Rental Laws say about Domestic Violence Survivors as being valid when I spoke with him on the phone. I offered to meet with him and Pillar to bring in government proof (because I'm a veteran)of my domestic violence status as well as proof of my PTSD and other conditions and he said no.

I then offered to make a payment arrangement just so I could be mentally free of this issue because in the past I spent a lot of time in therapy and I felt it was necessary for my healing process to see those who filed the false collection claim and also did nothing to help me when I was going through that ordeal and Pillar's Attorney said no. I have gone above and beyond trying to resolve this issue and Pillar has done nothing just like when I was being terrorized on the property they were managing.

Domestic Violence Survivors are only required to give a 30 day notice.

This very same information was submitted to Pillar and TransUnion in my dispute claim and I tried to send it to their Attorney's office,but was repeatedly given a bogus email address. I have since filed a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General Office and waiting for a response.

Update by user Oct 15, 2016

I would like Pillar Communities Corporation to know that I am so tired of having to relive what happened to me while renting an apartment at their N. Scottsdale Rd apt community!

I have been disputing their false collection claims for over 2 years now! I DO NOT owe them any back rent of any kind because my rent was PAID IN FULL UP TO THE POINT WHERE I GAVE A 30 DAY NOTICE TO MOVE AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE IT(what was happening to me on the property they were managing) ANYMORE! The fact that they are trying to falsely collect money from me is a very clear statement to the State of Arizona and it's laws and regulations in regards to the rights of Domestic Violence Survivors and apartment rental agreements. DMS's are only required by Arizona State Law to give a 30 day notice to move and that is exactly what I did after trying unsuccessfully to get help from the paid staff in the management office that were Pillar Communities Corporation employees.

I also contacted my local police department and the Phoenix Veterans Administration because I am a veteran.

You know it's time to move when an officer of the law suggests that you move so I gave my 30 notice and got the *** off of the property! What they are doing to me is a perfect example of a victim being victimized.

Original review posted by user Oct 14, 2016
I had a terrible experience there in 2014 at the N Scottsdale Rd apartment community. I'm a domestic Violence survivor and after living there for a few months someone started terrorizing and possibly stalking me anonymously almost everyday for weeks. The staff that were there at the time treated me horribly when I brought what was happening to me to their attention, one of the men that worked in the office stood inches from my face and threatened me if I didn't leave the management office when I went in to pick up a package during the time all this was happening to me. Under the Arizona Rental Laws for Domestic Violence Survivors you can terminate your lease early by giving 30 days notice which I did and for over 2 years now I have been disputing false collection claims by Pillar Communities. Not only was I a victim of an anonymous harasser while on that property, but I was also victimized by the management office staff who also laugh at me when I would go into the office crying and scared. What made the whole thing extremely frightening was fact that I was NEW TO ARIZONA from out of state and didn't really know anyone here. So I had every right to be very afraid and give my notice and move. I was told that the property probably turned on me to protect their property's reputation at the expense of my safety.
ID
Phoenix, Arizona
Cons
  • Please read my posted review for answer
Reason of review
Please read my review for answer

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article