Bad tour company Pilgrim Tours

Update by user Apr 22, 2011

I am adding this update on April 22nd 2011. Just heard from David Nyce, owner of Pilgrim Tours. He was very apologetic and actually seemed concerned about our tour being ruined. All I wanted from the beginning was someone there to listen to me and be concerned. Also for this not to happen to any one else when they have a luggage problem.

I told Mr. Nyce as far as I am concerned it is over.

Ed McIntosh

Original review posted by user Apr 20, 2011
Returned 04/14/2011 from 15 day tour to Egypt, Jordan and Israel. Airline lost bags. We had only the clothes we had on. Tour traveled all day every day. In a strange country we really needed help. Pilgrim Tours out of Morgantown, pa. would not get us to a store to purchase clothes and toiletries. We had to borrow clothes from other guest and wash things out each evening. I received one bag on the 12th day the other was sent to my home. I called to complain and Dan at Pilgrim Tours said they filled their commitment as they were not responsible for our misfortune. Commitment is one thing and being human is another. What ever you do, do not use this tour company Ed McIntosh

Anyone who travels should realize this is simply the airlines responsibility for your baggage loss. If you had taken out travel insurance-- you would have been fully covered to purchase new clothing and other necessities for your tour.

These things happen- and I am sorry this happened to you. One lady on our trip , the airline lost her luggage too.

She graciously wore her husbands shirts, and was sort of creative throughout the tour- and she made "lemondade out of lemons". I hope you did not let this circumstance steal your joy for the rest of the trip.

I have traveled overseas numerous times. It is YOUR responsibility to purchase travel insurance to cover lost or delayed luggage.

Don't blame Pilgrim Tours for your lack of preparation.

@PissedConsumer754737

We had travel insurance which sent us two hundred dollars weeks after the tour was over. This did not help one bit as we needed clothes then.

All we asked was after the days tour to get us (at our expense) some place in Egypt to purchase clothing, again at our expense.

It is over and done with and we have moved on. We hold not grudges with Pilgrim Tours and hope to use them again some day.

Ed McIntosh

I can't see blaming the tour company for lost luggage. Those tours generally have a tight itinerary and have little time to take you shopping for new undies.

Always, always, always take a carry on with at least one change of clothes and your toiletries.

View more comments (3)
ID
Raleigh, North Carolina
Loss

About

Pilgrim Tours Terms of Service
Final payment for all tours is due 60 days prior to departure. Payment for retail tours can be made by check, Visa, Discover, or Master Card. Payments not received on time will result in reservation cancellation without refund. Pilgrim Tours is a member of the National Tour Association, the leading group travel association in North America setting standards of excellence in product and conduct. Quoted tour prices include planning, handling and operational charges and are based on the current rate of exchange and tariffs. In the event of a marked change in foreign exchange rates, fuel costs or tariff rates, tour costs are subject to revision. Such increases will be added to the client final billing. Pilgrim Tours reserves the right to vary itineraries and prices, and to substitute facilities and hotels of equal or better quality if necessary.
To read more: https://www.pilgrimtours.com/company/policies.htm
Summary

Pilgrim Tours is a vacation tour operator and wholesaler, offering large selection of international and domestic products from cruises and group air travels to land packages. Its group contracts are among the best in the industry and the company controls the ticketing carefully. Pilgrim Tours holds special contracts for hotel, airfare and other travel components, all its international accommodations are rated 4 star or higher. For the cases of emergency it provides clients with 24 hour service coverage and personal cell numbers.
The company started its activity in 1987, and since that time it has been providing people with excellent tours backed by a knowledgeable and courteous staff with many years of tour management experience.

Pilgrim Tours reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article