CL Jones/Tax Lien Superstore is SCAM

If you are considering real estate investing - especially in Tax Liens and Tax Deeds, stay away from CL Jones and his various websites/companies, including, but not limited to: Tax Lien Superstore Pieces of a Dream LLC Jones presents himself as a Christian businessman but is no angel. Rather he is a wolf in sheep's clothing and provides very poor coaching services. I paid over $5,000 to learn about tax lien investing and suddenly he was telling me to buy and rent houses. He constantly canceled coaching sessions and / or refused to call me directly. Rather, he always wanted to go through some Internet conference service but would never provide information in advance, causing constant miscommunication and loss of coaching time. Jones is a very slick marketer, but after I paid $5,000 for a years worth of personal coaching, he disappeared into thin air. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Jones did not respond. He says he is a wealthy real estate investor, however, it seems he must not be able to afford a refund for services he clearly never intended to provide. There are many good real estate coaches so avoid this scam artist CL Jones. He has many YouTube videos, and is an avid internet marketer with Facebook and other social media sites. He only wants to work with people who have a lot of money and when he realized I didn't have much to invest, his interest in helping me quickly evaporated into thin air.

Wow I too was just about to do business with him ... CL Jones thank you for this valid information

YEP! This guy is definitely dirty, useless, crooked, hypocritical, and full of ***!

Former punk-*** marine and fake Christian. He really doesn't know how to do anything with some *** or scam attached to it. He's broke and never has been wealthy. Will steal candy from a baby.

His girlfriend Stephanie Thomas is no better. Birds of a feather flock together. They have their little sexcapades together while professing Christianity.

Both dirty. RUN as fast as you can from these two.

What the ***? Just about to try and do some business with him!

#992046

This man and his wife still scamming people in Florida, The are career scammer... can they state attorney please investigate this man and the lady Stephanie Thomas they were charged grand larceny in CT in 2010, I am waiting on those records to come in to see what happened with that case.

Stay away from this man. He lies bad, steals and cheats. DO NOT GIVE HIM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER; your signature; a loan or anything. Make no agreements with him. He is guaranteed to put his "former", street hustling ways as a drug dealer to use on you!

The so called email he sent to Lisa Miller was soley written for the purpose to combat her publicly on, Pissed Consumer. It's doubtful that he actually every sent it to her. Think about it....he's referring to himself in the 3rd person because no one else except his servant, Stephanie Thomas will vouch for him.

If you want pure proof he's a crook, do business and make an agreement with him. Yes, it will cost you, but at least you will have proof.

List of Shell Companies:

Pieces of a Dream, LLC

Hartford, CT

Judgements R Us, LLC

Hartford, CT

Retirement Education Network, LLC

Port Charlotte, FL

Since this obviously appears to be one person's word against another, I think the best way to 'settle' this is to have Mr. Jones explain on 11/29/2010, the Hartford Courant reported that the CT State Attorney General brought charges against Pieces of a Dream, LLC for First Degree Grand Larceny and Consipiracy to Commit Larceny charges. They stemmed from what was alleged in the filings as a theft of more than $60,000 from a 74 year old woman who believed that she was getting rental properties in Meridian, CT. According to the article, Mr. Jones and partner Stephanie Thomas were arrested and released with a Dec 7th reappearance.

Even if the charges were dismissed, it would be wonderful if Mr. Jones can explain how he and his company ended up in this unfortunate situation. Even if it was a misunderstanding, why would a state AG get involve? Shouldn't this have been settled in civil court? It's never a good sign when the Attorney General's Office gets involved.

Also, Mr Jones can explain the D- rating from the Better Business Bureau. Even if the rating is dismissed as meaningless, many people rely on that rating for the trustworthiness of a company.

Not agreeing that Pieces of a Dream, LLC of CT is a scam, just pointing out public record.

I'm sorry, Mr. Darrell Brown is aka Ms.Italy from California.

I didn't want to confuse anyone. This is the response to the person who took our class, didn't do anything, lied about what he/she paid $700 as opposed the the $497.00 that he really paid.

Wow! I can’t believe the nerve of this guy. This is very shocking. I really cant believe that people are really trying to get something for nothing. But I’m forced to defend myself again.

I just recently held a 8 wk training program teaching 8 students how to make money wholesaling. After these student’s made money, they would then invest it into tax deed properties.

Well Mr. Brown found me online, and inquired about taking my class online for 8wks

We had a 30 min consultation to see if we would be a good fit. Mr. Brown admitted to me that he was an ex-***. He told me that he was arrested for drugs, and forging checks.

I didn’t judge him, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I believe anyone can change. He also told me

wow i wish i would've have sen this before he got my 700 bucks.... can you emai me lets get this guy...i have his address....italyjw@***.com

View more comments (12)
ID
Scottsdale, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article