map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

I have a compliant about one of your doctor's need to talk

My dog been a patient of petvax since 2017. on April 7, 2020 took my dog to see Dr Svoboda because my dog started having problems with urinating and had blood coming from penis.

Gave my dog antibiotics, keep taking him back for follow ups was still having problem Dr Svoboda told me my dog had stones and that he needed surgery to help him pass stone easily. On June 19, 2020 he had surgery and sent home same-day. My dog started having complications call Dr Svoboda telling her the problem of all the redness under his body. Problem got worst so I took my dog to the Er on June 23,2020 they had to redo the surgery cause he was bleeding out from the 1st surgery to stop the bleeding.

Took back to Dr Svoboda for follow ups June 24, 2020 and all of 2021. My dog was still having problems with urinating, stones, bacterial infection and UTI every since the surgery. In July 2021 took back another vet said that my dog had a suture left in him from the surgery that maybe the cause for the bacterial infection he was having. My dog been on antibiotics since April 2020 and all of 2021,2022.

Dr Svoboda put him on antibiotics for 3 months in a row from Nov 2021 to Jan 2022. Know February 25, 2022 took my dog back to Dr Svoboda causes he was having problem with front right leg could not walk on she took x-rays the leg was not broken, he was running a fever once again gave antibiotics and sent home. Follow up on March 3,2022 my dog still was favoring right leg and still have fever and ear twitching. Dr Svoboda said he was doing good until I started asking questions about everything so she walk out and came back in to tell me my dog had tetanus, don't have time to test for it, need to start treatment or he is going to die.

So I started asking questions about the treatment and what would happen if my dog don't have tetanus if u not running tests to see if he have it. Dr Svoboda left the room again and never come back in to answer my question. She sent in her assistant to tell me how much the treatment was going to be but she never come back in to talk to me, I kept asking the assistant can I speak to Dr Svoboda still never come in, but her assistant did and said that I was being rude and disrespectful and I had to leave, I ask how was I being rude asking to speak to Dr Svoboda first. Then Dr Svoboda open door slightly and told the assistant to tell me she would no longer care for my dog go elsewhere.

So they kicked me out after she was the one that messed my dog's health up even more then what already had going on to just kick us out because did not want to answer my questions.

Took my dog back to Er said he had some kind of bacterial infection that was being resistant to antibiotics because he had been on a variety range of antibiotics for so long. Now my dog has passed away on March 12,2022 and I need to talk to someone about Dr Svoboda negligence and malpractice that she did with my dog ASAP and I need all my money back.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never they will kill your beloved pet

EILEEN N Gqn

Verified Reviewer

Use a vet where the people are considered about you and your pet and not your money.

I called Petvax on yesterday to inquire about an appointment for my dog. I spoke to a young lady and she looked up my dog information and told me I could bring him in the morning as a walk in and the technician will give him his shots.

If the technician deemed anything else was wrong with my dog, he/she will schedule an appointment with the vet. I arrive at 11:00 o'clock today, 11-12-19, with my big dog a German shepherd and the young lady at the counter tells me my dog is unable to get his shots because the vet has to do a bone test on him and I need to come back after 2 pm today. I asked her if he could get his shots and she said the Vet is in surgery. Really!!

I explained to her that I called before I came here, the person I spoke with pulled up his file on the computer and did not tell me this had to be done. I asked if he could get his shots and I'll bring him back another day and she said that could not be done. This is very inconsiderate for anyone to expect a person to do. This careless act showed me this place is more concern about a dollar than my pet because it was going to be an extra charge for this bone test.

No bone test, no shots. When did businesses started dictating to customers what they are suppose to do with their animals. I've been an animal owner for over 25 years and my Vets in the passed have told me what my dog needed and allowed me to make the decision when it was convenient to have it done.

Not, hold one service to get another. I went back to my previous Vet with no problems or ultimatums.

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Allan Jzi

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

Making money at Dog's expense.

We have a 12 yr old King Charles Spaniel. She is Blind. She is Deaf. She walks with obvious pain. She has labored breathing. She is incontinent. She often loses control of her bowels.

We make the difficult decision to euthanize. Our family says goodbye to her. My wife takes her to Petvax on Raines.

Even with all of the above symptoms and her advanced age they refused to euthanize her. Instead they said that she must undergo $500 of tests and must be treated to the tune of $100/month in drugs and for what? Will she see? No. Will She hear? No. Will she walk? - Only slightly better.

She is a 12 year old, very sick, very old dog and Petvax is more worried about making money off of her suffering than doing what is right.

No sale. Stay FAR away from this place.

Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Robert C Newpoff N

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

PetVax Memphis Tennessee

Over a year ago I used these people. I told them I needed to buy heart worm medication for my dogs.

They said I needed to have heart worm test done before they could sell me heart worm monthly tablets. I said I had already had heart worm test done on all my dogs a couple of months ago not too far from PetVax at my old Vet clinic. They told me at PetVax if I didn't have it done at PetVax, that I had to have it done again. I said, I have the paper work proving I just had it done and told them they could even call the old vet to verify.

They then told me it was a state law. I called the State of Tennessee and found out it was not true. At random I picked 10 vet clinics in the Memphis area and called them and found out what PetVax told me was not true. As long as I had proof of it or PetVax could verify it with the old vet clinic then there was no need to have heart worm test done again.

I then called and talked to the office manager and she still insisted it was the law and I told her I disagreed and I had proof. They didn't like that. I then decided to get copies of all my dogs paper work and find another vet clinic and they told me what PetVax did was not right. My vet charges around $85 for yearly shots and for 6 dogs that was going to cost me close to $500 so decided to take my dogs back to PetVax only for the yearly shots and even called ahead of time.

They were less expensive on shots, even though everything else is more expensive there than most vet clinics... I went there on July 7th, 2014 and checked in at the counter. It took a long time for the lady to go in the back, but when she came out she said that I was not allowed service at Petvax. I said why, because I told your office manager she was wrong about heart worm test over a year ago?

She asked If I wanted to talk to the Doctor and I said yes. I went back to a room and in walked Dr. Lynn Worley who I believe to be a little rude and unprofessional. I asked why I was not allowed service and she said because I was argumentative about the heart worm test situation.

I was never rude, never raised my voice and did nothing wrong to deserve this. About 8 months ago I did research and also put the word out over the Internet and actually found 6 others they did this to. I am going to reconnect with them and ask them to file complaints with the State Of Tennessee.

I am also asking the State Of Tennessee to do a complete audit and find out how many more people they have done this to. If you want vet service who care more about your pets than your money and not ban you from the clinic for something that was not your fault, then go some where else, but personally I would stay away from PetVax..When this took place over a year ago, I recorded all the phone conversations I had with PetVax about this and saved the papers they gave me trying to convince me it was a state law.

Guest

Took the dogs in for shots. One turned out to have parvo was told 1000 estimate.

Then turned out to be 740 after I mention how could I go about payment. When asking what options I had the deminor changed.

Seemed friendly over the phone but towards the end of visit a very different attitude. So if you are looking for a vet were they care this is not the place.

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1317137

Trust me, your name is in their system now and they will not allow you to do business there anymore. If you question anything they do, your banned for life...

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article