Misleading product listing, bad attitude and doesn't actually sell the items!

Update by user Sep 16, 2012

Followup response e-mail: \"I am sorry but that is what we sell the single trewats for, it does not say that it is for a case. I wish you would have asked. You can return it for credit less shipping but you would have to pay for the return.\"

Right, so I\'d get $4.16 ($9.16 - $5 shipping) back in credit (when I\'m never going to buy from this site again) minus whatever return shipping would cost.

Original review posted by user Sep 15, 2012
I made an order (with 2 items) from thePetStop.net thinking I was getting a good deal. The listing was like this (with pictures): Barkworthies Premium Dog Treats, Small Tripe Spiral MRP: $22.70 Offer Price: $9.16 You Save: $13.54 (60%) With an MRP like that, of course, I assumed that it meant an entire case. A single one of those treats was $3.32 on Amazon at the time of this review. I also purchased a bag of 10 "pretzel" chews. They also advertise $5 flat rate shipping. So, I placed my order and waited. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail right away. Instead, about a week or so later, I get an e-mail saying my items have shipped (without a tracking number, btw). I tried e-mailing their customer service but it bounced back saying unable to connect to the destination mail server. With no choice but to wait patiently, I keep an eye on my mailbox and a couple days later, I get the bag of pretzel chews directly from a seller on the Amazon Marketplace (the invoice was in the box and the sender was listed was NOT thepetstop.net). I was a little bit annoyed to see this (especially because I saw that the total on the invoice was $16.50 ($9.50 + $7S&H) vs. the $17.10 I was charged for the item) but didn't think the difference there was enough to get mad about. HOWEVER, I got a SINGLE small spiral (shipped and probably sold from Amazon). Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, I e-mailed a different e-mail I'd found and explained that the MRP shown couldn't possibly be for a single treat. That e-mail got through and after having to look up the listing for them (you'd think they'd be able to do that themselves), their response was, "So nothing saying it was a case? Looks just like a singular listing.." So, to summarize, they're not actually selling the products themselves, they're just ordering off Amazon for you, charging you an extra $5 shipping (even though I doubt they ever even touch the products), misleading/fraudulent listing(s?), poor communication and *** customer service.
ID
Saint Louis, Missouri
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article