Petsies is a total waste of money

Spent $159 to get a customized plush dog to commemorate my in-laws recent loss of their beloved cocker spaniel. The plush toy I received had straw like fur, was about a foot long and looked nothing like the photos I sent in. When I asked for a refund, Buddies asked me to pay $40 more for a redo. What a joke. Waste of money. Don't be fooled. Anyone want a worthless stuffed animal dog? I have one still in it's Petsies box. Worthless.

I got mine a couple months back and it was struggle for them to get it right. Changes that I request be made were undone for no reason.

They didn't reference any of the photos or descriptions I provided. It was like trying to get someone to draw a straight line, but instead they keep drawing circles, because who cares? As an artist myself, I was extremely insulted by the lack of communication and professionalism. Not only that, but it was an insult to my dog's memory, since he'd passed away before the order was placed and the whole family was upset at how Petsies could care less.

Something to note on their site is they're veeeery sneaky with their wording on their returns and refunds page. It says statisfaction guaranteed BUT it doesn't say "or your money back." like someone else said, it's "guaranteed" by having you pay a (smaller) fee for a redo. Also look at the reviews, they only hand select the good ones for their site.

Complaints like ours have to be posted in places like these... I haven't seen the episode where they were featured on Shark Tank, but I genuinely hope Kevin O'Leary and the sharks called them out for just wanting publicity or being scammers or something and sent them packing.

Got mine today. Misled.

Looks nothing like my dog.

I think most of their reviews are for “common” dogs who need no work done... sad.

Would you be able to post a photo of the animal and the stuffed one so we can see the difference?

I just had the same thing happen to me. Mine looks nothing like my dog.

I even put in my wording, my dog is not red, but more golden. I got a red dog. It's in the sitting position, but it won't sit. I was misled that this was made in the USA because company was based in Florida, but discovered that the designers are in USA, but product is made overseas.

This explains a lot. I've contacted them, but I'm sure it will be a waste of time.

View more comments (3)
ID
#1194894 Review #1194894 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Petsies Toy
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article