SCAM ARTIST

SCAM ARTIST ... On 12/28/10, I called Pete's Auto Clinic and asked how much to change the rear main seal. The lady, Angie, said I would have to bring it in for an estimate. Upon arrival I was asked to complete a blank invoice with my personal info and signature, and I did. I waited in their shop for almost an hour. Angie then claimed that I owed $65.00 for the estimate. I said, "I am not going to pay you anything. What type of business are you running here, asking for money that you never quoted in advance?" She apologized and said we will talk about it later. When I got home I realized that they had all my personal info and signature on a blank form. I called back to inform them that I wanted a copy of the invoice with my signature back. Angie got Pete on the phone. Pete claimed that they were performing diagnostic work and that was what the $65.00 charge was for. I informed Pete that I asked for an estimate not diagnostic work. The fact is you need to let the customer know in advance if there is going to be any charges. Secondly, I don't need an errand boy, I already knew it was the rear main, I asked for estimate--not diagnostic work. Pete said well one of your Valve Covers is leaking too. That's strange; your so called diagnostic report did not mention it. What was the point of charging me $65.00 to tell me where the leaks are, then not mention in the report, but only after I complained about the very poor service. When I went to pick up a copy of the signed invoice they had entered a $65.00 charge and then wrote N/C over it. On this day, I received three estimates, Pete's Auto Clinic was the only shop that wanted me to wait an hour, and then tries to charge me $65.00. This is really unbelievable, one lie after the next. I guess they thought since I was from California, and didn't live in Pahrump, they could run a scam on me, very sad.

Tom your comments are joke. If they didn't lie I wouldn't be writing poor reviews.

It's very simple. If you are a scam arist, I will expose you.

THERE'S TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY. If they would have replaced the main seal and it was still leaking at the valve covers you would have complained that they didn't fix it properly or they replaced the seal and didn't have to.

You didn't get charged so quit complaining. Look around you, you could be in worse shape.

View more comments (1)
ID
Amargosa Valley, Nevada

About

Summary

Pete’s Auto Clinic is a full service auto repair center. Company works with foreign and domestic cars, SUVs, pickups. Pete’s Auto Clinic works on the market since 1994 providing high quality service with a team of professional staff and special equipment. Company offers a wide choice of services including distributorless ignition, fuel injection, ignition, spark plugs, oil, lube and filter, ignition wires and cables, dyno diagnostics, cylinder block, head and timing, domestic general repair, fleet repairs – gas, import general repair, off-road. Petes Auto Clinic also provides undercar services, electronic services, heating and cooling services, electrical services, transmission services and heavy-duty services.

Petes Auto Clinic reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article