ACCOUNTABILITY

Peter DeFilippis And Associates - ACCOUNTABILITY
THIS ATTORNEY SABOTAGE MY CASE. OWE ME OVER $75K. HE ASKED ME TO WRITE A REVIEW AND SUE IN WESTCHESTER SUPREME COURT FOR WRITING THE REVIEW ON YELP. HE WANTS TO DISCOUTINUE CASE TO GET RID OF EVIDENCE HE NEVER DISCLOSED YEARS AGO. SHAME ON HIM...
Peter Defilippis And Associates Attorney

Detail oriented and thorough trial lawyer

Peter is very detailed and thorough. He prepared me carefully and fully for the deposition and other public presentations. He made all stages of the legal process clear. His approach is canny, nimble, and positive. J.Pratt Brooklyn New York, a former client
ID
#1620817 Review #1620817 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hartsdale, New York
Peter Defilippis And Associates Car Accident Legal Service

THE TRUTH AS IT WAS

Peter DeFilippis And Associates - THE TRUTH AS IT WAS
I was rear ended by Nicholas Berggruen in September 2002 my attorney Peter De Filippis knew this yet another man took the stand instead of Mr Berggruen The attorney never disclosed that fact yet did not win my case the judge did I had a loss totaling $120,000 and than the Peter told me I owed him $35k I wrote a review on YELP and Peter and Daniel Szalkiewicz firm tried to sue me in Westchester Supreme Court for freedom of speech yet
Readers and attorney seekers, please know these reviews by Halana R. posted under various fake names are a hoax.

You can rest assured they are wholly untrue. Based on what it takes to get this review forum to even consider removing fake reviews, we sought justice for our firm and proof that Halana R.'s comments are false. After reviewing all the evidence presented the judge in our defamation case against her issued a written order stating, "... this court does not question plaintiff's (De Filippis) professionalism." The order goes on to explain that Halana's claims made by her are defamatory.

Not a single shred of proof was brought before the court to support any of her posted allegations of corruption or wrongdoing and no further hearings were ordered.

This situation with Halana R. has been of great concern to our firm for obvious reasons. Like many other professionals, we have fallen prey to Halana's unwarranted rants.

Our strong belief in the First Amendment makes it no less painful to read bold-faced lies despite almost 30 years of unblemished service to our clients and community. After prayerful and thoughtful consideration, we have decided to look not at the individual senselessly attacking us and others, but rather at the larger implications of this situation. Because of this our firm is witnessing first-hand the effects of the mental health crisis in our nation. As an organization committed to advocating for others, we believe it is important to turn this tragedy of unwarranted defamation into a platform to raise awareness.

We have made a donation to "Mental Health America" the nation's leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans and encourage others to do the same.

For those of you in need of savvy, loyal, unflappable, and deeply caring attorneys, you will have a strong advocate in us.

Please contact us at 914-478-**** or 212-227-**** to discuss the particulars of your case. We are here to enthusiastically and effectively fight for your legal rights and we have a successful track record to back that up.

@PissedConsumer1733114

PETER ANTHONY DE FILIPPIS HAS LIED FOR YEARS HE IS THE INDIVIDUAL WRITING ANONYMOUSLY I UPLOADED THE COURT DOCUMENTS PLEASE READ. HE SABOTAGED MY CASE.

IT WAS A SIMPLE REAR END. THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT SUPPORTED ME THROUGH THE YEARS. BE CAREFUL CONSUMERS AND CHECK THE YELP REVIEWS ETC. REGARDING THIS ATTORNEY, AND READ THE COURT DOCUMENTS, ITS PUBLIC RECORDS NOW.

HE WANTED TO SEAL THE RECORDS.

I FEEL FANTASTIC. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO TO OTHERS ITS A MEAN NASTY WORLD OUT THERE WAITING TO DEVOUR WOMEN, AND HE IS A PART OF IT.

View more comments (1)
Astoria, New York
Peter Defilippis And Associates Car Accident Legal Service
Cons
  • He was not truthful
Problem with delivery
Loss

Extremely Honorable and Trustworthy Character

Peter DeFilippis has represented me, Sarah Howell, for over 20 years here in New York City. He has been a major aid and loyal representative for my family and I. Peter has an extremely honorable and trustworthy character. He is straightforward, clear and concise when comes to his work. His firm is very organized and super helpful. I would recommend his expertise to any person in search for someone to represent them. Peter had become a part of my family over the years. I value Peter not only as a person but as a professional who is committed to the work and his clients.
White Plains, New York
Pros
  • I liked
Good customer service

LAWYER HAVE THE AUDACITY

PETER DE FIPPILLIS, after commenting on my rating of him on YELP, is now trying to sue me for writing true facts about him, and whining to the Westchester Superme Court after he participated in responding to me. He states he paid the websites to take down post and that his peers are looking at him funny at his office, YOU THINK. Nicolas Berggruen rear ended me and fled the scene of the accident, my daughter was in her car seat at the time. Peter took eight years to put me on trial. Mr. Aparacio Fernandes stood in the place for Nicholas Berggruen. Peter Never informed me that Mr. Aparacio Fernandes would fill in for Mr Nicolas Burggruen as the driver that rear ended me. Then Peter told me I owed him $35,000; which was only $15K. The Judge won my case and Peter allowed me to be discredited. Now Peter wants the case sealed and do not want the public to have this information and want the Court to SEAL the records. WHAT THE *** EVER HAPPEN TO FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH. PETER is still worrying about his reputation, He is a LIAR, THIEF and his character is capable of anything to cover his *** yet I WILL NOT BE SILENCED. Now Peter is trying to establish me as crazy, vindictive, and malicious and he is so suffering, and you have no morals and complaining to the court, nothing disappears from the WEB, duh. READ THE CASE Halana Richardson vs. Nicolas Bergguren. AND Peter complains his stellar online reputation took a hit when i I made a review on YELP, and BADLAWYER, when he asked me to give the review; so MUCH for HONESTY. WELL I STAND BY MY REVIEW, if he continues to harass me I am going on YOUTUBE, then the WHOLE TRUTH WILL BE OUT, STAY TUNED.
#1671927
This false review is a hoax, scam and scheme fabricated by a former client whose case was successfully resolved 10 years ago. The poster has forced us to defend our hard earned reputation against defamation in a court of law.

We win 99% of our cases and succeeded in this case while facing self-defeating obstacles the client placed in our way. As the founder of an award winning firm for 29 years (https://www.legalrightsadvice.com/awards/) I take pride in our dedication to our clients and integrity, therefore I must respond: You mention your case was won, but then go on to make wholly untrue and 100% false statements a decade after your soft tissue injury matter was settled to your satisfaction, Now you engage in an obsessive, online campaign to coerce money. You have stated a $70,000 + payment to you would be a "preferred solution." Lately you upped your demand to $100,000 and then 1M. These demands clarify your motives for barraging the Internet with untruths though we successfully settled your claims after a full trial and you willfully, executed a general release of all the Defendants.

Despite your victory, you inexplicably caused problems which, if you avoided, may have led to a more beneficial outcome. (1) You unreasonably refused to accept the 2.5 times larger settlement offer from the Defendants insurance company. (2) During the trial, you wrote rambling hand written letters to the Judge, defense attorney and insurance company. The Judge criticized you for this in her written decision and also wrote that the jury did not believe you.

Link attached below. (3) You were not truthful during your cross examination by defense counsel. You were not even honest to the jury about where and with whom your own young children actually lived.

We strongly advised you against those decisions.

You rejected our advice feeling you knew better than experienced trial counsel working for your benefit. In your review you bizarrely accuse us of putting someone else on the stand instead of the individual who rear ended you with the very vehicle he drove daily for a living. During the trial, you sat through his ENTIRE credible testimony without mentioning any doubts that he was the driver. He perfectly matched your description of him from your own testimony.

The man you now strangely claim, ten years later, was driving the other vehicle does not match the description you gave at trial in the least bit. His nationality, hair color and height are totally different than your sworn testimony. You recklessly mention corruption. This is untrue and constitutes defamation.

We have a perfect record of honesty and integrity over three decades. We've not had a single complaint against us of any sort. Based on our ethics we have been named to the Super Lawyers list for the past eight years in a row and have a 10 out of 10 rating with Avvo. We have been named a Gold Champion for client satisfaction by Martindale-Hubbell.

We presented eight witnesses in this soft tissue injury case including your chiropractor, a physician and a vocational rehabilitation specialist. We fought for you every step during an 8 day trial held 4 yrs. after we were hired not 6 or 8 yrs. later as you repeatedly misstate.

We achieved justice for you and the statutory 1/3 legal fee was deducted from the settlement. Not one penny more. Nobody ever told you the fee was "35K" and nobody ever threatened to sue you over the fee.

You could have received 2.5 times more money than the final settlement amount if you simply settled when we advised you to do so.

You alone refused the offer. Deceptively, you always leave that MONUMENTAL fact out of your "reviews."

The truth is that once your defamatory postings began we left ONE SINGLE phone message for you hoping to understand what has brought you to this level of desperation. You refused to respond for a civil discussion. We therefore have had to hire a service that has been successful in writing to web owners to have some of your posts taken down as defamatory.

Nobody ever paid any web site owner to have post removed as you once again recklessly and incorrectly claim. The truth is you posted 11 shocking 1-star reviews, on Yelp alone, accusing four OTHER law firms of various "crimes" against you like "corruption," "stealing," "concealing evidence" and "crimes against children." You even go so far as to accuse a Family Court Referee of potentially, "beating eating [sic] your own children at home." And Yelp has removed four of your prior reviews about us for being defamatory and violating their Terms of Service, yet you continue to post dishonest comments about our Firm while seeking to coerce monetary gain. You ignored the cease and desist letter and accordingly you left us with no choice but to file an Order to Show Cause.

Your "review" of our firm is inaccurate, unfair and mean spirited.

It has no bearing on reality. It's a scam ten years after the case was closed by a client who regrets not accepting a larger offer to settle against our good advice to take it. We are attaching a link to the Judge's decision to refresh your memory about what really occurred in Halana Richardson v. Berggruen: https://casetext.com/case/richardson-v-berggruen-1

Regardless of the content of your posts and that we haven't heard from you since 2008, we do care about the well-being of all our clients.

We will do whatever we can to assist you in understanding, for one example, that both the owner-employer and operator-employee have to be named in a motor vehicle action.

Your scheme is unwise and your time would be better spent with more positive and constructive endeavors. You have our defamation attorneys number and email address if you wish to civilly discuss your concerns.

New York, New York
Cons
  • Deceitful
  • He was not truthful

DECEIT IN A REAR-END

Peter DeFillppis knew I was rear ended by a Nicholas Berggruen, who left the scene of the accident. I was able to get the plate number and registration and the idiot was worrying about his Mercedes. An open and shut case that dragged on for years to put Aparacio Fernandes, on the stand as the individual that drove the vehicle that rear-ended me. I was never informed of such deceit. He stated that I owed him $35k, Peter lied. The bill was $15K. (Aparacio Fernandes ) name was added to the law suit as the driver after three years had passed.. Such corruption. The judge won my case, and knew that Aparacio Fernandes was added to the lawsuit, and Nicolas Berggruen, was not accountable for rear ending me. Nicolas Berggruen left the scene of the accident. His car had over $12k in damages and he was on his cell phone never concerned about me nor my child that was in the car. Nicolas kept saying "look at my car", but he was on his cell phone. Peter keep calling me wanting to speak to me, harassing me because I am informing individuals regarding his character. Peter Its MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH, you need to be ousted you are not a great person and you looked out for your own pockets while I was laid off, and injured permanently. Yet he got paid. While I was on the stand he kept allowing them to attack my character. This is the AGE OF ACCOUNTABILITY, you are on VIEW. HE is a LIAR, and I said so on YELP. I sent a letter to the judge and he became angry and sent another letter with false statements to cover himself, that he spoke to me. Peter can not be trusted.
New York, New York
Peter Defilippis And Associates Attorney
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article