Drycleaning.. lack of skills and lack of appropriate service

I am getting married and bought a dress used. It had a slight makeup stain on it so I took it to Perth's drycleaning to remove the stain. They sent it off to the people who do the cleaning and gave me a quote a week later. Although they did say that they could not guarantee that they could get the stain out, by giving me a quote they were saying it was a job they could do. Another week later the dress came back... AND THE STAIN WAS STILL THERE! I told them to send it back and redo it. Another week later I went back to pick up the dress, and it STILL HAD THE STAIN. Since they did say that they could not guarantee anything, I said that I would pick it up and pay, but as the ONLY reason I brought it in was because of the stain that they did not clean, I reasonably expected a discount, as would anyone else in my position. All they offered was the amount of taxes off.... which meant that i still paid well over $150 for a job that was NOT EVEN DONE. After speaking with the manager of the store, and the manager of Perth's in general, they would not offer a more reasonable discount. Overall, this THREE WEEK, horrible ordeal, results in me paying full price for a job that was not done. Perth's Drycleaning has extremely horrendous customer service, has a lack of skill in treatments of stains and a lack of concern in ripping people off when the job is not done right. I would not reccommend this company to anyone, especially brides or anyone else who needs a job to actually be completed and to be completed within a reasonable amount of time.

Now why would you expect a discount when they told you they didn't guarantee removal of the stain? They still had to try.

That takes time and materials.

"Horrible ordeal" That made me laugh! Apparently, you lead a charmed life if you think that qualifies as a horrible ordeal.

ID
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article